“Excellent Experience”

Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel
Ranked #46 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel and Towers for one week. I have to say that I was very impressed with the hotel services and staff. I stayed on the 14th floor and the service was awesome. In spite of the language barrier, the staff were extremely professional, friendly and responsive. The fitness facilities are also first rate and the best that I have seen offered in a hotel for a long while. I highly recommend this hotel especially if you stay on the 14th floor. The availability taxi service was an unexpected and worthwhile bonus.

Room Tip: choose the 14th floor with a view to the Angel of Independence
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear JMH38 Guest: Thank you for leaving your lovely feedback following your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Maria Isabel. We are delighted to read that we met your expectations and you enjoyed our services. . We work hard daily to ensure that our guests receive the most personalized service possible. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Cordially,

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel

Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Room's window was open, because they were painting something inside the room, you can imagine the smell... Switched rooms and next one looks ok.
But safe box not working, will be needing a third room to use it --not happening.
I'm looking forward to check out already.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank o c
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear oc Guest: We appreciate your sharing us your experience at the Sheraton Maria Isabel and offer you an apology for not meeting your expectations. We are addressing your feedback to the areas involved, in order to make a follow up and take the corrective actions. We hope you give us an opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future. Cordially,

Reviewed 17 October 2013

This great location hotel may be in need for some interior refreshing, but that is beyond the point to those valuing outstanding service of employees on all levels. Common Mexican friendliness is here blended with professionalism, fast answering ones requests, all resulting in great experience. Centrally located, spotless, free WiFi, slow elevators.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear mi2oba4us Guest: We are pleased to hear about your positive impressions. They serve us as motivation to continue providing our guest the best service. We would like to share with you that we are in the process of giving a solution to your observations. We hope to have you as our guest when you travel to Mexico City.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed here one night when I was stuck in Mexico City due to a missed flight. The hotel seems very nice and reasonable for the price. I recommend paying the extra dollars for the business class room, I think this is what they call it. It was only around $25 US more and it meant you stay in the newer section with a few perks - free breakfast, wi-fi, etc.

The staff in the lobby are very helpful. The room is nice and the bed is comfortable. Seems like a very good central location and is a nicer part of the city. Not posh, but safe along a wide avenue with excellent people watching. the restaurant is pretty good and they have a very nice computer set-up with several large chairs and tables. Not sure i would want to vacation here for more than a few days but otherwise a good hotel for business travel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear kessmanDC Guest: We are so pleased to read about your recent stay at the Sheraton Maria Isabel. We appreciate your sharing us your experience. Our Associates work hard to offer the most personalized service possible. We look forward to seeing you soon. Cordially,

Reviewed 13 October 2013

On my previous stays at the Sheraton I had a room in what I thought was an old part of the hotel. On this stay I got a room in the other tower of the hotel. The good thing about this is that I was right about what I wrote in my first review: the hotel does have some age. Also all three elevators in this tower were working, unlike the other tower. I was also able to make more use of the gym this time. Very good equipment in the event you are in the fitness groove.

When I stay at a place that is old my biggest dread is having any issues with the room. Fortunately for my two weeks here I had none. With this factor in mind, the service has to be great. And the majority of days it was, right down to the shoe shine guy.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Chillinathtown Guest: Thank you for sharing us your recent experience at the Sheraton Maria Isabel. We are glad to know that you had the opportunity to relax and use our Sheraton Fitness. The hotel is working on a big project and is renovating the elevators of the main building. Now, we have two new elevators. We look forward to see you soon. Cordially,

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Its just an old hotel, sitting on one of the top locations of the city. Its right next to the American embassy, on one of the most prime avenue / round about. But the hotel, elevator, furniture, carpet, just about everything is old and smells!! I stayed at a junior suite in the relatively new towers. It was a big room with well sized wardrobe and bathroom. But it was not at all worth the price. The room service was efficient but not the food. Overall a very unsatisfactory stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank arpan-chat

Dear arpan-chat Guest: We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay with us. We offer you our apologies for not meeting your expectations. We are addressing your feedback to the areas involved. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future. Cordially,

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I've stayed in many hotels in the US and numerous around the world. This hotel is very nice and has the nicest staff I believe I have ever seen in a hotel. I am still here until Friday but I don't expect anything to change before I leave on Friday. From the front desk to every employee employee they have don't everything humanly possible to assist. I'm in the tower so you have a few more benefits here but I really believe you'd receive the same treatment no matter what. The constant free bottles of water here just stands out.
I am here working with the US Embassy which is right next door but I'd stay here even if it was not next to the embassy. There have been some teacher protests in front of the hotel but I have not heard them at all. The rooms truly seem to be insulated from all the noise very well. You are within walking distance of many restaurants and many shops. I absolutely would not hesitate to come back here on my next trip.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bigfoot424
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Guest: Thank you for your wonderful review while you are still staying with us. We could not be happier that you have had such a memorable experience with us, especially at our Towers Section. We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. We wish you a safe trip back home. Cordially,