Everyone here was great - even when I couldn't speak a word of Spanish. My room came with a free continental breakfast, which was absolutely delicious.
My room was huge - the bathroom was the same size of the rest of the room and included a separate bath/toilet area (with bidet). Lots of storage and counterspace.
Even though my room looked over the busy street, I didn't have any problem with street noise. I did have a little bit of noise from the door - it seemed a little thin. But most of the guests seemed to be quiet, so it wasn't a problem.
I could never get the hotel's wifi to work for me (maybe the signal didn't reach my room?).
Staff was great holding my bags after I checked out but before I left on my flight. Concierge was great at suggesting places to visit.
There's a 'tourist trap' market a few blocks away - definitely visit there but be prepared to haggle for prices and get harassed as you go past each shop by over-zealous shopkeepers. Unfortunately, no prices on any of the merchandise so you have to haggle to get a deal.
I felt very safe at the hotel. I was worried when going there after hearing so many crime stories, but just be aware of your surroundings and you will be fine.
The hotel's cafeteria/restaurant was good and the small department store attached to the hotel has a good restaurant as well.
The double decker tour bus picks up right outside the hotel. It's a good deal to see a lot of sights quickly.
Room was clean, although my bathroom needed some grouting to be fixed. The marble in the bathroom was gorgeous though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located on Mexico City's financial district, across the Angel of Independence. 755 Rooms, including 67 suites and 5 penthouses. All rooms features Sweet Sleeper Beds and Wireless Internet Access. 2 Restaurants: Amici and Manhattan Deli. 1 Mexican Bar: Jorongo with a tradicional Mariachi Lobby bar & Sushi bar Parking Area Pet Friendly More than twenty rooms for events and parties. Sheraton Maria Isabel offers a bussiness center area with Link-Sheraton Tecnology by Microsoft. The hotel has been repeatedly awarded the Four Diamond rating by the AAA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel
- Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel
- Mexico City Sheraton