“Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #45 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Everyone here was great - even when I couldn't speak a word of Spanish. My room came with a free continental breakfast, which was absolutely delicious.

My room was huge - the bathroom was the same size of the rest of the room and included a separate bath/toilet area (with bidet). Lots of storage and counterspace.

Even though my room looked over the busy street, I didn't have any problem with street noise. I did have a little bit of noise from the door - it seemed a little thin. But most of the guests seemed to be quiet, so it wasn't a problem.

I could never get the hotel's wifi to work for me (maybe the signal didn't reach my room?).

Staff was great holding my bags after I checked out but before I left on my flight. Concierge was great at suggesting places to visit.

There's a 'tourist trap' market a few blocks away - definitely visit there but be prepared to haggle for prices and get harassed as you go past each shop by over-zealous shopkeepers. Unfortunately, no prices on any of the merchandise so you have to haggle to get a deal.

I felt very safe at the hotel. I was worried when going there after hearing so many crime stories, but just be aware of your surroundings and you will be fine.

The hotel's cafeteria/restaurant was good and the small department store attached to the hotel has a good restaurant as well.

The double decker tour bus picks up right outside the hotel. It's a good deal to see a lot of sights quickly.

Room was clean, although my bathroom needed some grouting to be fixed. The marble in the bathroom was gorgeous though.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear ladymacb29 Guest: Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Sheraton Maria Isabel and in Mexico City. Our Associates make their best to offer our guests a memorable experience with us. We are happy to read that you enjoyed our facilities and services. We hope to have you as our guest in the near future. Cordially,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Location is perfect, just like other people said. Service is also great. You only get free wi-fi for 2 hours each day at the business area near the lobby. Room is clean but very old. There is so much wear and tear in the bathroom - not that it affects the functionality, but it is surprising as this is a 4-star Sheraton.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Alexoz02 Guest: We appreciate your taking the time to share us your recent experience at the Sheraton Maria Isabel. We are glad to inform you that we are working on a maintenance program to our rooms that will allow us to meet your expectations. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in a near future. Cordially,
Milwaukee
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed at Sheraton Maria Isabel for a conference. I was billed an extra $750 (USD) for ten brief phonecalls. Apparently, their charge was $10 / minute! This is a 3000% markup from the true call cost. Curiously, the hotel sheet with the call costs appeared on my bedside table two days after check-in, after I had already made the calls. It is obvious that I should have inquired about the call cost before making them. But it is equaly obvious that this is a scam designed to ripoff unsuspecting guests.

PS: After complaining to the manager, I was offered a discount of 25% and was charged only $560. I am so indebted... now their markup is only 2250%.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank BabisMilwaukee
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear BabisMilwaukee: Thank you for sharing us your experience with us. We pay close attention to your comments regarding your stay at Sheraton Maria Isabel 10 months ago.
We would like to discuss further this situation with you and wondering if you will be so kind enough to contact us: (nicolas.orget@sheraton.com). We look forward to hearing from you. Cordially,
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is near the US embassy which made me feel safer. The location is great, near zona rosa with restaurants and bars galore! Everything within walking distance! . The service is excellent , the reception staff , the room attendants, they are genuinely nice and helpful .
The hotel is old, like old from 1970... And some of the rooms haven't been updated ( or at least mine) , however the beds are comfy (with those asphyxiating duvets, thankfully you can remove them) , flat screen tv, updated lightning . The washroom however is the oldest I've seen , peeled sinks that scream for replacement and doors and closets from before I was born, make for a mix review.
Its a Good hotel if you want to be central And Safe And if you plan to star out for mostrar of the time.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Matehor
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Matehor Guest: We appreciate your choosing us while you were visiting Mexico City. We are glad to read that you enjoyed our great location. Our Associates will feel happy to know that they made a great job. We are working on a maintenance program that will allow us to meet your expectations. Hoping to see you soon. Cordially,
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Even though the staff is trying hard, the installation are quite old and the level of cleanliness is borderline at best (carpet, bath tub, etc..)
For that price you will find much better option around Polanco if you book soon enough (which i could not do...)

1 Thank SGB59
Dear SGB59 Guest: Thank you very much for sharing us your experience at the Sheraton Maria Isabel. We regret to know that we could not meet your expectations. We are working hard on a maintenance program that will allow us to offer memorable experience to our guests. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again. Cordially,
San Diego, California
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I visited my cousin in Mexico City and has a blast! The city is dangerous but with helpful hints from my family, I was safe. For example, I made sure to have the Sheraton taxi take me and pick me up from wherever I was eating or going out. The Sheraton is a great place, especially for Americans that need the added protection of an American hotel chain.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Calberkeley1997 Guest: We appreciate your choosing us as your home away from home. We are glad to read that you enjoyed Mexico City and our hotel. Thank you for sharing us your experience and we look forward to seeing you soon. Cordially,
Guadalajara, Mexico
Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I liked the location so I chose this hotel. It was a weekend trip to DF for my friend's birthday. My only complaint is: I arrived in DF a few days before my friend. I wanted to plan everything for his special day. I visited the hotel a couple of times to see if I could view the room I reserved. They kept telling me to "come back the next day" at a specific time but upon my return(s), I was never able to see the room. When we finally tried to check in the room was not ready. They rectified the situation (after some discussion) by giving us a free upgrade. I'd return...

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear torilove73 Guest: Thank you for taking the time to post your recent stay at the Sheraton Maria Isabel. We regret to know about your experience and offer you our apologies. Your food feedback has been shared with the area involved, in order to avoid it happens again to other guests. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Cordially,