“Good stay in a central location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel

Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel
Ranked #41 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
London, United Kingdom
“Good stay in a central location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Have stayed 4 nights back in the Sheraton in Mexico. The staff was very attentive and helpful and my stay was in general very pleasant. One of the four elevators was under refurbishment and it was getting a bit annoying using the remaining three during peak times as a simple up or down journey could last for several minutes going up, down and stopping in every floor on the way. I hope this will be fixed soon. My room had to my surprise a window which I could slightly open which I really liked.

Due to the central and convenient location one will need to consider some spare time when leaving for meeting early morning.

I would pick the same hotel again for my next stay in Mexico.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Niels13 Guest: We are so happy to read that you have chosen the Sheraton Maria Isabel as your home away from home each time you visit Mexico City. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Cordially,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chihuahua
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

The Sheraton Maria Isabel is located just in front of the "Angel de la Independencia" roundabout. So location is great. But the room I stayed in was kind of old (specially the faucets), but the bed was really comfortable. TV signal was not very good. General áreas does need an uplift.

Room Tip: Best romos are in the front tower.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Signore_Colomo
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Signore_Colomo Guest: Thank you for sharing us your recent experience at the Sheraton Maria Isabel in Mexico City. In our ongoing committment to improve our installations, our maintenance team is working on our rooms. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Cordially,
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Super hospitable and hard working staff. The rooms are very clean, despite other reviewers saying the things are outdated inside the hotel. For me it was just right. The gym for one has top of the line brand new machines, is super clean, cold water great entertainment. The breakfasts are great with fresh native fruits, fresh juices, eggs made to order etc. I really think this is a great place to stay and the location is perfect. Walking distance to Chapultepec Park (Bosque de Chapultepec), great little taco joint right down the street across from the American Embassy as well as a market.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank veggieluv
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear veggieluv Guest: Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We are happy to read that our Associates made your experience a memorable one. We are sharing your feedback with our Associates and Food & Beverage team. We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Cordially,
Ardingly, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a terrific short break here. The staff were attentive, friendly and effective. The on site tobacconist and Starbucks were great. The bedroom was comfortable but the bathroom was in urgent need of a re-furb. Bring your own kettle if you like tea made Brit-style. All in all a great experience. And we thoroughly recommend the guides tours of the city, the pyramids and the canal district. All great value for money with entertaining guides. Best of all was Raoul.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear Maxwell7474 Guest: Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at the Sheraton Maria Isabel in Mexico City. We are working now on a ken-fix program to update our rooms. We look forward to welcoming you soon. Cordially,
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Very convenient location for everything you want to do in Mexico City, just a cross from the famous Angel of Independence in Zona Rosa and close to metro stations. It seems like this hotel has seen better times but it keeps its splendor as an iconic hotel in Paseo Reforma. We arrived before check-I time, and we got an early check-in, thanks to friendly and accommodative staff. My room had a great view of the Angel and Paseo Reforma, the room was well equipped, it was cozy and clean with comfy beds and clean linens. Overall it was a well maintained room. Good facilities including business center and gym. Bars and restaurant are OK, but a little bit pricy, we tried more affordable bars and restaurant around the hotel. This is not a luxury hotel, but we had a great value for our money.

Room Tip: For the best view, get a room facing Paseo Reforma or Chapultepec Forest.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank rwarrior747
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear rwarrior747 Guest: We are so happy to read your experience at the Sheraton Maria Isabel. We are located in one of the most beautiful and privileged zone in Mëxico City. We appreciate the time you took to share us your experience with our Associates and with our services. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Cordially,
Galway, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this property for two nights on a recent business trip to Mexico City. Well located in centre of the city alongside the US Embassy. Got off to a bad start with check in being slow - our checker kept answering his phone dealing with other queries. After a long flight I just wanted to get checked in and go to my room. Very little wrong with the hotel but it lacked character and did not appeal to me for some reason I find difficult to pinpoint - perhaps it's size and the layout with poor communication of the facilities by staff added to my sense of it being functional rather than an enjoyable experience.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Dear 50nightsperyr Guest: We appreciate your taking the time to share your recent stay at the Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel & Towers. We offer you our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. We are addressing your feedback to the areas involved, who will take action on it. Thank you very much for your preference and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again soon. Cordially,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Everyone here was great - even when I couldn't speak a word of Spanish. My room came with a free continental breakfast, which was absolutely delicious.

My room was huge - the bathroom was the same size of the rest of the room and included a separate bath/toilet area (with bidet). Lots of storage and counterspace.

Even though my room looked over the busy street, I didn't have any problem with street noise. I did have a little bit of noise from the door - it seemed a little thin. But most of the guests seemed to be quiet, so it wasn't a problem.

I could never get the hotel's wifi to work for me (maybe the signal didn't reach my room?).

Staff was great holding my bags after I checked out but before I left on my flight. Concierge was great at suggesting places to visit.

There's a 'tourist trap' market a few blocks away - definitely visit there but be prepared to haggle for prices and get harassed as you go past each shop by over-zealous shopkeepers. Unfortunately, no prices on any of the merchandise so you have to haggle to get a deal.

I felt very safe at the hotel. I was worried when going there after hearing so many crime stories, but just be aware of your surroundings and you will be fine.

The hotel's cafeteria/restaurant was good and the small department store attached to the hotel has a good restaurant as well.

The double decker tour bus picks up right outside the hotel. It's a good deal to see a lot of sights quickly.

Room was clean, although my bathroom needed some grouting to be fixed. The marble in the bathroom was gorgeous though.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear ladymacb29 Guest: Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Sheraton Maria Isabel and in Mexico City. Our Associates make their best to offer our guests a memorable experience with us. We are happy to read that you enjoyed our facilities and services. We hope to have you as our guest in the near future. Cordially,