“One-Stop Shop in Mexico”

Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel
Ranked #44 of 307 Hotels in Mexico City
New Hartford, New York
“One-Stop Shop in Mexico”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I've stayed at this location twice. My first time, I was taken back by how much this hotel had to offer.

Almost ALL of the staff speaks English very well, and can communicate easily with you, which is a big plus. The staff is very kind, courteous, and helpful. They really do go out of your way to make you feel comfortable in an environment that might not have been otherwise.

There are at least three restaurants located WITHIN the hotel. They offer a fantastic breakfast buffet, and the dinners include very delicious sushi, steaks, burgers, fish, salads, and many more items. I never had to leave the hotel for food once. Plenty of variety.
In addition, there are a few stores within the hotel, as long as a general store with anything you could possibly need, as well as some souvenirs, right down the street!

The location is quite easy to get to from the airport. Just stop at the kiosk for Nueva Imagen, and tell them you want to go to the Sheraton Maria Isabel on Paseo de la Reforma. Everyone seems to know where Reforma is, as it is a major street.
Once you're at the hotel, the concierge will arrange a private car to take you wherever you need to go, including back to the airport, so I only used an actual taxi one time.

The rooms were very nice. Nothing spectacular, but very well maintained. I heard from others that the water in the hotel was fine, but I still used bottled water for everything. The hotel provides as much as you need. Good luck finding anything in English on the TV, but I expected as much.
The walls were pretty thin both times. I could sometimes hear normal "inside voices" from the rooms next to me, which made me anxious as to what others could hear from my room. I definitely wish there was a little more insulation between the walls or something.

Overall, I had a very nice stay. I wouldn't choose any other hotel when visiting Mexico City. One of the drivers we had spoke English fluently, and told my co-workers and me about some of the local attractions, restaurants, and monuments around the area. Turns out he is a tour guide on the side and gave us his card. Next time I go down, I'll be able to check out some of these things, and am VERY excited.

Room Tip: Had wifi included in my rate. If this is something you need, definitely get it beforehand. Expensive...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
DianaVerdin, VIP & Club Services Leader at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Michael B: We are happy to know that you enjoyed your visit to the Sheraton Mraia Isabel and our Associates made you feel at home. We feel very proud about them and they will be recognized for their great job. We appreciate your sharing also our opportunity areas. We will be happy to welcome you in a near future. Cordially,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I have been here for 1 week, and I will tell you this, I am impressed!

The rooms are nice, the staff is polite, and the grounds well kept. The location in the city is a great boost for this place. It is very central, which make travel to all of the other attractions easy to navigate.

I worked with the staff for a day trip, and not only were they very helpful, but they provided a Great product. They called for a driver to the pyramids close by and he ended up to be exactly what we desired.

I would recommend this hotel to anybody, and I have a couple weeks left here!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest: We are happy to read about your recent stay with us and appreciate your sharing your experience. We hope that during your next trip to Mexico City, you choose the Sheraton Maria Isabel. We will be glad to welcome you. Warm regards,
Irvine, California
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Very nice business hotel right in the middle of the city. Service and food are great.
Hotel staff was very attentive and helpful, with great recommendations.
The hotel can get quite busy whenever events are occurring.
They have a nice gym in the ground level, and great tennis courts.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
DianaVerdin, VIP & Club Services Leader at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear enioao Guest: We appreciate your taking the time to share your recent stay at the Sheraton Maria Isabel and for your recommendations. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you during your next trip to Mexico City. Cordially,
Murren, Switzerland
Reviewed 20 July 2014

our first visit to the city. getting from the airport to the hotel was a nightmare. we waited two hours for a taxi; be warned. the hotel was very comfortable with good sized rooms and all the facilities required. we had great fun trying all the different foods in the breakfast room and would recommend that experience to all. we were staying with points and cash so not sure about value for money but we enjoyed our stay. we walked most places from here during the day and were recommended to take cabs for evening outings. the bar at mezzanine level is a but soulless and we couldn't find a more local bar anywhere nearby. drank tequila for the first time and couldn't work out what people get excited about. tried four different mixes but didn't enjoy any. settled for local beer.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank weemacs
Dear weemacs Guest: Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Sheraton Maria Isabel in Mexico City. We are glad to read that you enjoyed our facilities. We hope that during your next trip to Mexico City, you select us and give us the pleasure of welcoming you again. Cordially,
Sotira, Cyprus
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The hotel's location is great for business, just be wary when booking as the hotel is literally booked solid most of the year round.
Service and food are to a very high standard, the only negative I have to say (though this was staying during an aforementioned period when the hotel was packed full), I was put into a prototype room they used for a test before they did the remodelling. The lights didn't work very well, but that's about it, no other problems.
I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Go for the Marie Isobel rather than the towers
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
DianaVerdin, VIP & Club Services Leader at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear ChefJim1972 Guest: Thank you for your preference and for sharing. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Cordially,
Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Fell for the trap of asking for ice in my drinks in one of my stays here and did i regret it..otherwise the multiple stays i had at this hotel were pretty good. the location was convenient for the city although the traffic in MC is terrible so it didnt really matter unless the meeting was on my doorstep

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Gary T Guest: Thank you for sharing your experienced at the Sheraton Maria Isabel last year. We appreciate your feedback and we are sharing it with the different areas of the hotel. We hope the opportunity of welcoming you in a near future. Cordially,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Like all sheratons, this one is a nice hotel. Good hotel rooms, nice room set ups as well. Very central location and many bars and restaurants accessible via a very short walk. ATMs are found near the hotel, just to give an idea of how safe it is. Great service and also, not too far from a distance of the int'l airport, unless traffic is very bad. Other than that, great hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
DianaVerdin, VIP & Club Services Leader at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear mixedman Guest: We appreciate your complimentary feedback about the Sheraton Maria Isabel. We are happy to read that we met your expectations. We hope that during your next trip to Mexico City, we have the pleasure of welcoming you. Cordially,