“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #12 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
Huatulco, Mexico
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed 24 November 2012

This is a very nice hotel. I stayed two nights for business. The rooms are small but cozy. They are nicely decorated in beige. The maid informed me that they had been recently remodeled. My husband went to their gym and said that it was very well-equipped. The buffet breakfast was outstanding-they had everything. The valets were polite and very efficient. I like the location of this hotel because it is in Polanco and close to everthing. I wouldn't hesitate staying here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the street because traffic noise such as ambulances and big trucks can be he...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Hebrew first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 22 November 2012

The minute you walk in and look at the grand lobby area you can pretty much get an idea of what your experience will be at this hotel. Reception clerks are friendly, courteous and whenever you walk by a hotel staff, they greet you with a smile and a "Buenos Días or Buenas Noches".
The view of the room from the large window took my breath away. The room is elegantly decorated, clean and spacious. I think that a hotel bathroom should be as good as the room, so, no disappointment there either, on the contrary!
The area where the hotel is located, Polanco Distric,t is really nice and I was very happy to be able to walk to restaurants, and visit at least the Anthropology Museum (10 minutes walk). you will need at least two hours to visit part of the museum, but it´s all worthwhile. My stay in the city was short, only 3 days, but was perfect enough to combine both business and pleasure. Oh, I do have to mention this; on my first night I ordered Room Service, and played safe and went for a Hamburger ... OMG! I have to say that I am a Gourmet type of person, that being said I have to admit that this was by far the best burger I have eaten in a hotel. A cheer to the Chef :) - Breakfast was nice, but by the 3rd day you´d expect the menu to change a bit, but it´s not something that you´d point out as negative. Overall, it´s all what you expect when you stay in a Hyatt!

Room Tip: High Floor with view to Chapultepec Park.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel for business in early November and I wanted to give an honest review. The hotel itself is nice, rooms are well appointed, and all of the restaurants were very good.

The major problem was an issue we encountered at check-in with the front desk and Management. When we checked in they told me I was supposed to check in the night before and they would have to charge me the cost of the night. I argued the point with an email correspondence with the correct dates; however they would not reverse the charge. Even after speaking with Management, they would also not reverse the charge.

My company is a large company and does a lot of business at this hotel as it was the choice for our employee travel, however due to this situation and some other recent issues I heard about from our management, we will no longer be staying at this hotel. It backs up to the intercontinental and that is now our hotel of choice. It’s a shame that the hotel was so focused on this incident they failed to look at the bigger picture and the business we bring in.

I was also traveling with a coworker who had stayed there when it was the Nikko and they shared since Park Hyatt has taken over it is going downhill.

With other great options right next door in Polanco, there is no need to stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank travelfish20
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 9 November 2012

We stayed at the hotel at the end of October 21012. Excellent location and service. Closes to Metro and Museums. Front Desk staff and Concierge extremely helpful.
We had breakfast at Restaurant across the Street called Senses, that was great.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Higher floors for a better view of Chapultepec Park.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cmoros2205
Willoughby, Ohio
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I made my first trip to Mexico City last week, and I was moderatly anixious about going there. The Polanco district would make you think you are on Michigan Ave in Chicago, or Madison Ave. in NYC. There are many restrauants, bars and shops of every type. Want a Bentley, you can visit the dealership and buy one there!

The hotel is as clean a place as I have ever stayed. The King room was very large, very up to date with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was large, well lit and stocked with nice soaps and lotions.

Breakfast buffet was a nice combination of Mexican and traditional American breakfast foods. Service was excellent.

The staff was bi-lingual and very helpful. I will stay here again.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I spent 2 nights here on business as a solo traveler in August 2012, and here's a quick blurb of my observations.
I honestly barely touched foot in the hotel because I was mostly at work during this stay...I checked in at midnight and the next night I didn't get back in till about as late, so I can say I really didn't use the hotel for much more than sleeping for a few hours a night. So for me, the Hyatt was pretty expensive for how I used it. I think even at the $240/night or so that I paid, it is about the cheapest mainstream hotel in the immediate area. There are other boutique hotels in the area that I've used, such as Hotel Polanco, but it was booked this time, so this was the next place I could find that was near to where I needed to be.

The pros:
The rooms and bed were nice, comfortable. The room was modern enough for my tastes, and the King-Room had a desk area for work. The room was fully outfitted with mini-fridge, iron/board, and all the normal amenities.

Annoyances:
They charge for wi-fi. Sorry, but in this day and age, that is ridiculous, especially for an international hotel chain. They used to charge when it was Nikko, but they should have put a stop to that once Hyatt bought it. I think it's an additional $20/ 24 hours, and I don't think the bandwidth was anything to write home about.

I needed a cab because it was raining, so I asked the concierge where I could find one. "No problem" he says, and a bellhop runs down the driveway and out of sight. I thought he was going to flag a cab for me, which I thought was nice. Instead, he comes back with a private driver in an unmarked car. I only needed to go about 8 blocks, so I figured it would be maybe 60 pesos. 5 minutes later I'm dropped off and asked to pay 200 pesos. Complete rip off. I was pretty upset but I couldn't say no. I did try to negotiate, and he shows me his chart of fees within the Polanco district, so I couldn't get out of it.

So that left a bad taste in my mouth. The next day it wasn't raining, so I just walked the 10 blocks to my destination. I also canceled the wi-fi and went to Starbucks down the street for the one extra time I had the chance to use it while in DF.

I forget what breakfast costed, but it was pretty high. There are lots of restaurants in the area as long as you don't have to leave too early in the morning. They all seem to open after 8am.

Anyway, I will definitely try not to stay here again. I'll probably try a boutique hotel if I have to stay in this area again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
HRMC M, Director General at Hyatt Regency Mexico City, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Hyatt Regency Mexico City and for having taken the time to write feedback about your stay on Tripadvisor. Your feedback with regards to our facilities and services is extremely important to us and allows us to continually monitor and improve our services.

I am delighted to read that we met your guestroom expectations and I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with the transportation service. We are very concerned about every guests safety in every stay in our hotel and I'm certain that our colleague did not intend to disappoint you rather provided you the most secure transportation we only offer in the hotel premises. We can definitely assist you hire a taxi from the street should any guest require one, however your security cannot be guaranteed since they are freelance taxi and not monitored by private transportation company, so this option is not considered to be part of high-quality standard of transportation service.

Please be assured that we will pass on your feedback to our colleagues and brief them once again in handling transportation request to avoid any miss communication from happening again.

We have also taken note of your other comments regarding the WiFi service. please rest assured that we are in process to improving our internet service provider in the nearest future.

I hope you choose to give our hotel another opportunity to show you that we are passionate about guest service and exceeding guest expectations. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Yours sincerely,

Kurt Straub
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel. The front staff was great and very friendly and helpful. The guys who helped with the luggage were really nice when they brought the bags to my room and explained everything about the hotel. The rooms were clean. The bathrooms were large which is amazing! Everyone loves large bathrooms. The hotel lobby bar was good. The service was great and so were the drinks. The location is great and taxis are always available at the hotel. I'd stay here again!

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Hyatt Regency Mexico City and for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to read that your experience was enjoyable one and we take great pride in our guests' appreciation of the services and facilities. I will communicate to the entire team your kind words about our colleagues.

We would be extremely happy to welcome you back at Hyatt Regency Mexico City in the future.

Kurt Straub