“Good hotel, great location”

Hyatt Regency Mexico City
Ranked #12 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
Porto Alegre, RS
“Good hotel, great location”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is the perfect location for a stay in Mexico City. Nearby, you've got metro station and good options of restaurants. Chapultepec park, with its marvelous castle is really near (less than 5 min walk to the park), as are many museums one should visit in Mexico City. The hotel has lots of businessmen guests, but is a good call for tourists as well. The staff is nice, and the hotel offers all that the guest needs for a good stay (as complimentary Wi Fi). The room service is ok. About its flaws, the sheets are old and almost transparent, with some holes on it, and the windows, that do not open, are not cleaned for a long time. The minibar is actually overpriced. The hotel is undergoing through renovation, so this can be a issue for some people.
If possible, high floor rooms with park view.

Room Tip: high floor, park view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Hebrew first
Kadima, Israel
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I spent 4 nights in that hotel during a business trip to Mexico City.
The hotel is well located, safe area, lots of bars, restaurants and caffes around.
Modern, clean, good service, confortable rooms, nice view from the higher floors.
Wifi is too slow, better use a cable connection.
The pool is just okay, the saunas are nice, its missing a bubble pool.
I would recommend this hotel for most kinds of trips.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Cartago, Costa Rica
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at Hyatt Regency (formerly known as Nikko), it was under renovation so the lobby area is still under construction. There is no direct connection to their restaurants from inside the hotel, except for the breakfast buffet restaurant which is some kind of noisy due to the renovation. Besides this temporary issue, this hotel is very convenient. Their rooms are quiet and good enough for resting after a long business day. I expect it to be there soon again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Recently stayed for two night for a business trip to Mexico City. I arrived very late, as my flight was delayed, and the car service I reserved from the hotel was waiting for me as soon as I arrived. The rooms are very nice, comfortable beds. Triple sheets, which I love, sani wipes next to the phone and remote, (have never seen that before) as well nice bathroom amenities. Staff was very helpful and all spoke English. Great little pastry shop in the hotel. While there was construction going on, it really was not a problem and you didn't really hear any noise except for one area of the hotel. Wifi worked well. Very good area, I felt safe in the hotel and the staff handled all my needs regarding transportation around the city. I would definitely stay hear again.

evanston, il
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for four nights recently when I was in Mexico City to do some professional training work. The hotel was undergoing some renovations and the lobby wasn't particularly attractive, but they figured out a way to still provide all the necessary services a guest would need.
My room, on the 34th floor, was lovely. The city view out the window was delightful, the bed was extremely comfortable, and I used room service for dinner a couple of nights and it was competent with perfectly satisfying meals.
There is an adequate though not particularly large workout room, and a pool with a pool deck for sunbathing, which I did not get to use but looked appealing.
The breakfast buffet was wonderful. The service at breakfast, refilling coffee, etc, was a bit spotty...some days I was treated like a queen, and others I seemed invisible to the staff. But I didn't mind just finding someone to get me more coffee when I needed it.
When I checked in, I was offered an English language newspaper delivered to my room each morning, which was a nice plus, and I graciously accepted the offer. The newspaper never ended up getting delivered however. Since I get the NY Times on my phone, I didn't really need it, as the free wifi throughout the hotel worked great. But it was odd that it was offered to me and then didn't get there...each morning, I would walk down the hall towards the elevator and see little bags with newspapers on other doors, but never on mine. I would politely mention it to the front desk staff or concierge, and they would "check into it" and promise it would be delivered the next day, but I never received the paper on any of the four mornings I was there. That was a bit mysterious, but didn't cause me much of a problem.
Overall, I found the hotel to be extremely appealing and very comfortable to come home to each night on my own. I always felt very safe and taken care of in almost every way. I would absolutely stay there again on another visit to the city.
The Polanco area is very beautiful, with elegant shops and restaurants all around, very easy to navigate. The huge amount of security guards who were all over the place...on the street, in front of hotels, in lobbies, was somewhat disconcerting on the one hand, but a little reassuring on the other.

Room Tip: Upper floors provide a good view. I liked being away from the elevators, but they are situated well...
1 Thank nancyb10
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I don't give this hotel 5 stars because of the remodelation going on. The hotel is located at an amazing location in Mexico City, Polanco. I would recommend this location to anybody that is new in Mexico City because it is in the middle of everything, close to nice restaurants and it is in a safe area.
The staff was very friendly and attentive and the breakfast at the 40th floor is more than spectacular for the views aswel as for the breakfast itself. Gym is nice and big but some of the machines are a little bit outdated. I would highly recommend this hotel. I am definitely coming back after the remodel.

Room Tip: It is worth it to take a high room with a nice view over mexico city. The 40th floor is great for me...
3 Thank Emmanuel V
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The hotel is really good and in the best zone of Mexico City. All staff is very helpful and cordial, rooms are comfortable, gym is superb, pool is nice (maybe I'd set the pool a couple of degrees higher, but it still is very nice). There is some remodeling going on at the back entrance area, but this doesn't affect functionality or quality in anyway, I'd like to see what it looks like when it's all done.
From the hotel you can walk to the Antropology museum, Zoo, other museums in the area, the Auditorium and many, many restaurants around.
About the food we found some good and other not so good things: the breakfast buffet is very good and varied. On the other hand they don't really have good restaurants for dinner, we tried the Japanese restaurant and the portions were too small (for example makis we tried were too simple and small). At the Jardin we tried some Mexican dishes and they were again too simple and tasteless. On the other hand, however, the in-room service (sandwiches and salads) for dinner was really good.
Anyway, for food I'd suggest having breakfast at the hotel, then eating outside and having dinner either outside or ask for something in your room.
When I go back to Mexico City, I'd definitely go back to the Hyatt.

Room Tip: Ask the concierge to call for a Radio-taxi instead of Hotel taxis, you will save around 40-50%.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family