“Average for Mexico standard”

Marquis Reforma Hotel & Spa
Ranked #12 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 26 September 2012

As in most hotels in mexico, the room is big or suite.
Good location between polanco, chapultepec and historical district.
Good bkf.
Good gym.
CONS: you must pay an extra fee to enter the pool. Ok, rules are rules, but not 20usd!!
you must pay to enter the business center...

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
MexicoMonica, Manager at Marquis Reforma Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2012

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Marquis Reforma Hotel & Spa. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team and we will focus on your observations, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

The Marquis is in the best location if you visiting Mexico City for the first time. You can walk a half mile in any direction and enjoy some of the best restauraunts in the city or opt for local taco restaurants or even enjoy some of the US franchise fast food restaurants. Cheoultepec park is just a five minute walk and if you want to see the castle it's just 15 minutes away. The hotel is bright and cheery with plenty of brass/bronze/silver cast statues at every corner of the hotel. It has three in-house restaurants, one of which is a sushi bar. Ever had sushi with Mexican flavors mixed in - They are wonderful! The hotel rooms are spacious and wall to wall windows with interesting views of the city from the upper floors. The staff go out of their way to be sure you are happy and have a good stay. The soft goods such as towels, sheets, pillows, have all been recently updated and are of excellent quality. The 50 or so TV channels are about equally slit between Spanish and English, CNN, FOX News and plenty of Movie channels. The safe is large enough to hold the largest computer and about one suitcase full of items. Parking is convenient and secure within the hotel.. All in all it is a great hotel as well as being centrally located right on the park lined Reforma, Mexico Cities main road.

Room Tip: Best views are sixth floor and above.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Jancauskas

I will share your comments with our team and we will work in the details, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

I spend most of my time in hotels, and normally I take the time to congratulate the hotels I enjoyed living there. I spent in hotels at least 44 weeks out of 52 every year, and this year I have spent it in Mexico.

This year I stayed at least 14 weeks in the Marquis in which I was treated really nice by all the staff and the rooms are not bad at all. The rooms are not as big as the ones in the JW or the St Regis. However the staff of the Marquis is better than both.

The bad things of the hotel, they charge you for using the pool and spa. You pay like 20 dollars a day for using the pool. The gym you can use for free. By the way the gym is one of the bests out of all the hotels if not the best.

Room Tip: they views are really nice out of all the rooms, specially the ones that overlook Reforma.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Hernan L
MexicoMonica, General Manager at Marquis Reforma Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Dear Mr. Hernan,

We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and we look forward to serving you in the future.

avillalobos@marquisreforma.com

Reviewed 23 August 2012

Stayed here for a business trip recently and was very impressed with the experience. The bell staff especially were very friendly, attentive and helpful. Everyone spoke English well, and were quick to help with any needs. The room was more like a suite but I think this was an upgrade. Restaurants had decent food and good service. Price for everything was very reasonable. Just need iron/ironing board in the rooms. Good location.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelJunky_8
MexicoMonica, General Manager at Marquis Reforma Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear Guest:

The hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Stayed one night on Tuesday 7/31/2012 - Booked through Priceline, the price was about $200 after taxes and everything and I have to say, it was well worth the money. This was my first time in Mexico City, and I had heard Reforma was the best part of the city to stay in.

I don't speak much Spanish, but that wasn't a problem since most of the staff spoke excellent English. I had originally booked a regular room with one king-sized bed, but found upon checking in that they had upgraded me to a suite without me even asking.

Personally, I am not used to people doing nearly everything for me and I'm a little uncomfortable with it. I am capable of carrying my own bags and such from the car to my room, but there are plenty of people there to help you if that is your preference (or even if it isn't - most 4/5 star hotels will do this part for you). Pablo took our bags and showed us to our room. He was very friendly and told us about the hotel and our room while he delivered us.

The room was extremely nice - we had a suite on the 4th floor with a decent view. They had some complementary purfied water, as well as a mini-bar with other snacks/beverages (not complementary). The room likely could have accomodated 4-5 people, but we had one king-sized bed that was very comfortable. The room allowed almost no light with the shades closed, which let us sleep as late as we wanted, however it was on a corner and there were plenty of windows.

My girlfriend and I, who hadn't seen eachother in 3 months, would have appreciated a little privacy when we arrived, but we were interrupted twice and it's difficult to complain about either. The first was when we were offered a complementary dessert, and the man who delivered it told us about the best and safest way to explore the city. The dessert was excellent (some chocolate/raspberry thing). The second was a housekeeper offering us complementary fruit. Each interruption was brief and didn't really bother us.

After looking at our options, we decided the best way for us to get a look at the city was a private tour with Francisco, who worked at the hotel. He was extremely knowledgeable about the history of Mexico City dating back to the time of the Aztecs, and for about two hours showed us a lot of the important stuff on the Reforma Ave and down to the "Socalo" (not sure about the spelling on that). He spoke excellent English, was willing to take as many pictures of us as my girlfriend wanted. It cost us 800 pesos (roughly $60) for the tour and it was well worth it, especially if you are concerned about security. We never had any problems in the city but it was nice to be with someone who knew their way around.

The hotel has several restaurants in the complex, and is a short walk to many more. We didn't eat in the hotel, but felt safe on the short walk to the nearby restaurants.

Got a good night's sleep, which was nice after an extremely long day of travel. No problems with the checkout or any unauthorized billing.

All in all, it was an excellent place to stay and well worth the money. It is not the St. Regis, but at 1/2 the price it is a much better value. I would definitely stay here again if I ever find myself in MXC again.

Room Tip: Hopefully you get upgraded to a suite!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffrey N

Dear Mr. Jeffrey:

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. The hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

An old property showing signs of quick fading.
With a staff and management not up to an International 5 stars hotel.
Rooms testify the hotel age, despite an attempt to rejuvenate them through large TV screens only.
Staff is not trained and management is quite arrogant.
Definitely not worth both the 5 star and the LHoW affiliation.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Ballyes
MexicoMonica, General Manager at Marquis Reforma Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Dear Mr. Ballyes,

We wish to thank you for your comments, which are very valuable to the hotel.

We wish to share with you that the hotel has completed in an 80% the first phase of renovation of all guest rooms, this phase includes besides the change of TV screens, new furniture, carpets, curtains, bedding, minibars and air conditioning. All inspired in a fresh and renovated look.

In our continuous process of renovating our property, we incorporated 7 years ago the best SPA in Mexico City certified as the only Leading Spa in the city. Four years ago we opened the restaurant “Los Canarios Marquis” which has become a local favorite, and finally on March 2012 we opened the distinguished Japanese restaurant: Nicksan Marquis.

The company Leading Hotels of the World is an autonomous entity with its headquarters in New York City, each year our property is subject to an exhausted audit where a countless number of quality standards are revised in service and facilities, the results of these audits have always been reflected in high levels of satisfaction.

By not knowing your name and date of stay, we are not able to contact you in order to know more details of your stay.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Beautiful luxury hotel with VERY professional and attentive staff. My wife CC and I stayed for 2+ weeks in June 2012 and we WILL be back (in October). We were upgraded to a Reforma Suite, which was a 3-room affair, with a huge terrace looking out toward the park/castle. CC especially loved the terrace, as it allowed you to view all the action and beauty of the Reforma area. Excellent and reasonably priced restaurants, with a well-trained staff added to a wonderful stay. A special thank you to Fabian Alejandro Calderon, who made our arrangements, and to the bellmen/concierge who took such good care of us -- a VERY professional, well-run property -- my compliments to the Marques Reforma management!

Room Tip: Get a suite -- you won't regret it!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
MexicoMonica, General Manager at Marquis Reforma Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2012

Dear Guest,

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to serving you in October.

avillalobos@marquisreforma.com.mx