“Great service, reasonable rates”

Marquis Reforma Hotel & Spa
Ranked #14 of 306 Hotels in Mexico City
“Great service, reasonable rates”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed here for two nights in early January, still in the holiday period, so we paid a relatively low rate for a spacious junior suite. The bathroom was good and the bed extremely comfotable. The suite had only a view of the backs of other buildings but it didn't matter. The employees we encountered were some of the best ever, including the bellmen, the concierges, the front desk staff and the Cadelaria restaurant servers. The concierge desk did a good job finding taxi drivers they knew and trusted; we used one for six hours of sightseeing on a Sunday who really knew the city and how to navigate it successfully. The location is also great, right on the Reforma and close to lots of sights, shops and restaurant. We would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
MexicoMonica, Gerente at Marquis Reforma Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear guest

Thank you very much for your feedback, it's always a pleasure to know that all staff provide optimal service quality to our guests.

We appreciate your positive feedback and would like to welcome you again soon.
Angelica Villalobos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel because I was with a wedding party and because it is part of the Leading Hotels. There was a Nespresso machine on the desk with 6 capsules of coffee and two small bottles of water. I had two capsules of coffee. When I checked out I was asked if I had any coffee in the room. I said I had two and low and behold I was charged for two cups of coffee. You would think if the coffee wasn't free it would be put with the rest of the mini bar items. Those are assumed that you have to pay. I have never stayed in a hotel where you have to pay for the coffee in the room.

Despite that the buffet breakfast was nice with lots of traditional food and delicious fruit. The bar staff was wonderful. Interestingly enough the food served in the bar is Japanese. The location is perfect to catch the Hop on Hop off tour bus. The room was nice and clean. They use l'occitane products. The safe was a little tricky to use. I had to ask the front desk and they told me you have to use 6 digits.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest

I appreciate the time you have taken to send us your positive comments during your stay at the Hotel, as well our services and the variety of food in our restaurants.

We appreciate your suggestions regarding the extra charges for the capsules of coffee; we are already working on it.

Hope to continue with your preference.

Regards
Erlangen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Located right at the Reforma street, this is my favorite hotel in D.F.
The location is perfect near the pal-anthological museum, the Reforma and the city tour bus stop. The service is excellent. The hotel has its own character not like many of the various hotel chains.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
MexicoMonica, Manager at Marquis Reforma Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Mr. Juergens

Thank you for your very positive comments during your last stay in the Hotel.

It will be a pleasure to have you back with us in a near future.

Fort Worth, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed at the Marquis Reforma for three nights and I was impressed by all aspects of the service at the hotel. The front desk, concierge, spa, and restaurant personnel went out of their way to ensure that I had a great experience.

The room was well appointed with a comfortable bed and an adequate work space. The wireless service, though not free, worked well enough for me to conduct business as required. The only issue I had was that I had to contact the front desk each night to have the heat turned on in the room. The maintenance staff was very responsive, however, and the issue was always fixed in a short time.

If I return to Mexico City, I would not hesitate to stay again at the Marquis Reforma.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
MexicoMonica, Manager at Marquis Reforma Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Guest

It is a pleasure to receive positive feedback from all over the person who treated you during your stay, we are checking with our internet provider failures that had to be not repeated in the future.

On your next visit we will be watching for your heating does not have any problems during your stay.

Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

I do usually stay at the Marquis when on business in Mexico and this time I took my family for some days incl. New Years dinner. As always, facilities, services, staff and comfort, all were at outstanding levels. I just cannot imagine it can get much better. They fulfilled every little request promptly and made us feel welcome all the time. Excellent.
Perhaps the only wish might be that after 22 years in operation the hotel extends their soft-refurb program (recently done the lobby areas) into some of the room features (carpets, etc.).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mr. Alfredo

It is a pleasure to receive positive feedback from all over the person who treated you during your stay on december for New Years day with your family.

I hope that on your next visit, I can offer you one of our remodeled rooms.

Best Regards,

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel for business purposes. Great location, spacious room, great view. It was a really nice surprise for the price. The hotel is well maintained, the bathrooms are renovated, and the bed was very comfortable.

Room Tip: The location is the key on this hotel. Very well located, from there you can go to main Mexico City...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
MexicoMonica, Manager at Marquis Reforma Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Mr. Ronaldo

I appreciate your positive comments and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you in your next visit to Mexico city.

Angélica Villalobos
Turin, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We were travelling diferent families with a bunch of kids. For our stop in Mexico City we chose the Marquis Reforma as it advertised its pool and considered a perfect way to spend the late afternoon after our long flights. Once we got there they told us that the pool was forbidden to under eighteen years old. We were left with no activities and hyperactive kids after hours on airplanes. The rooms are good and beds comfortable, like many other hotels.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear. Guest

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Marquis Reforma Hotel & Spa.
I´m sorry we did not meet your expectations regarding children’s activities; we are pleased to inform you we are working on that, in your next visit we will have a lot of options for children’s that you can enjoy in the city.

We continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us, and we will work to improve the points you mentioned, we hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.