“Business Trip to Mexico City”

Marquis Reforma Hotel & Spa
Ranked #13 of 306 Hotels in Mexico City
Vancouver, Canada
“Business Trip to Mexico City”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

I went to Mexico City for a short 3 day business trip back in December 2013 and stayed with the Marquis Reforma Hotel. Overall, the hotel was quite old. However, all the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel gave me an upgrade to a suite and so I think that was nice. However, since I am located right above the restaurant, it was VERY noisy at night as the music went on all night long. For anyone who is thinking to stay here, I would not put WAY too much expectation in terms of the condition of the hotel an the buffet breakfast. However, I do believe that it may just be that I am a Chinese and the taste of the breakfast didn't match my senses very well. That being said, I think the hotel is still acceptable and clean. Just not grand, that's all. The area that the hotel is situated in is the financial area and hence it is pretty safe in general. However, I don't feel 200% safe when I was walking down the street after dinner. Still got to be careful when you are traveling out by yourself.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
MexicoMonica, Gerente at Marquis Reforma Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear. Guest

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Marquis Reforma Hotel & Spa.
We appreciate both your positive feedback and your concerns.

We continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; is important to inform you that our rooms are being remodeled as well as different areas within the hotel, therefore your feedback is very important to us, and we will work to improve the points you mentioned, we hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Angelica Villalobos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chihuahua
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is a great option to stay if you are going to Mexico for leisure or bussines. Located in Reforma, Polanco is only 15 minutes away, and downtown is at the same distance ratio. Rooms are very well equipped (even with a Nespresso Machine) and very comfortable beds. I am looking forward to be back in the Marquis in my next trip to Mexico city!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Signore_Colomo
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Marquis Reforma Hotel & Spa. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.
We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and we look forward to serving you in the future.

argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed at the Marquis Reforma for three nights. The hotel is dazzling, high-class, with a very friendly, helpful staff.
We stayed in a suite on the eighth floor, with a huge and wonderful view on Paseo de la Reforma.
The bathroom had a shower cabinet and another one with a whirlpool, equipped with first class amenities.
The bed also was very large and terribly comfortable with a big 42´ LCD.
We had breakfast included, with food variety and taste.
Nearby, there are a lot of restaurants within a few minutes walk.
I recommend those found on Río Lerma street, there are many and varied styles.
In short, an excellent and elegant hotel in the best location of the City.

Room Tip: All the staff in each área deserves an applause.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Best Regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

Marquis Reforma is one of the best options to stay at the heart of Paseo de la Reforma in Mexico City, not only because of it's size, the warmth on the way you get served. It's elegant and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MexicoMonica, General Manager at Marquis Reforma Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Guest

I appreciate your comments on our facilities and services of the entire staff.

I look forward to your choice in the future on your next visit,

General manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed here for two nights in early January, still in the holiday period, so we paid a relatively low rate for a spacious junior suite. The bathroom was good and the bed extremely comfotable. The suite had only a view of the backs of other buildings but it didn't matter. The employees we encountered were some of the best ever, including the bellmen, the concierges, the front desk staff and the Cadelaria restaurant servers. The concierge desk did a good job finding taxi drivers they knew and trusted; we used one for six hours of sightseeing on a Sunday who really knew the city and how to navigate it successfully. The location is also great, right on the Reforma and close to lots of sights, shops and restaurant. We would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest

Thank you very much for your feedback, it's always a pleasure to know that all staff provide optimal service quality to our guests.

We appreciate your positive feedback and would like to welcome you again soon.
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel because I was with a wedding party and because it is part of the Leading Hotels. There was a Nespresso machine on the desk with 6 capsules of coffee and two small bottles of water. I had two capsules of coffee. When I checked out I was asked if I had any coffee in the room. I said I had two and low and behold I was charged for two cups of coffee. You would think if the coffee wasn't free it would be put with the rest of the mini bar items. Those are assumed that you have to pay. I have never stayed in a hotel where you have to pay for the coffee in the room.

Despite that the buffet breakfast was nice with lots of traditional food and delicious fruit. The bar staff was wonderful. Interestingly enough the food served in the bar is Japanese. The location is perfect to catch the Hop on Hop off tour bus. The room was nice and clean. They use l'occitane products. The safe was a little tricky to use. I had to ask the front desk and they told me you have to use 6 digits.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest

I appreciate the time you have taken to send us your positive comments during your stay at the Hotel, as well our services and the variety of food in our restaurants.

We appreciate your suggestions regarding the extra charges for the capsules of coffee; we are already working on it.

Hope to continue with your preference.

Regards
Erlangen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Located right at the Reforma street, this is my favorite hotel in D.F.
The location is perfect near the pal-anthological museum, the Reforma and the city tour bus stop. The service is excellent. The hotel has its own character not like many of the various hotel chains.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
MexicoMonica, Manager at Marquis Reforma Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Mr. Juergens

Thank you for your very positive comments during your last stay in the Hotel.

It will be a pleasure to have you back with us in a near future.

General manager