“Our memorable and wonderful stay at Hotel Catedral!”
Review of Hotel Catedral

Hotel Catedral
Ranked #16 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We were very impressed by the excellent quality of service we received from all members of staff.
The location of the hotel is fantastic as we were able to easily visit various sites and relatives around the city. Also, the rates are very competitive and the breakfast buffet was delicious.
From our 6th floor rooms we had a fantastic view of the the Cathedral.
We would love to stay at this Hotel again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the Cathedral. The back rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
HCatedral, Director de Recepción at Hotel Catedral, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2013

It was an honor Cathedral to have received it in the Hotel and it is good to know that the service that received seemed to him to be wonderful, we always are working for you in order that they sit down like in his house, from an amenity as fruit or cookie up to his cleanliness and a comfortable room. It makes us happy to know that our location favored him very much to be able to know our historical monuments, our museums, restaurants, etc.

Our breakfast buffet differs for being very varied and offering day after day different saucers from salmon up to a traditional saucer. We wait to see it very prompt

Reviewed 13 April 2013

This wonderful establishment has top notch staff and facilities. Breakfast buffet was good with many choices, my daughter loved it. As far as I am concerned, if proximity to Zocalo is your concern then there is no other choice other than Hotel Catedral. The Metro station is a block away, and is very easy to use. My experience here was fantastic.

Room Tip: Cathedral view rooms I like, maybe you too like. \(^_^)/
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

It is very satisfactory for us to know that his stay with us was completely satisfactory and that it did not have any disadvantage. Beside knowing that the breakfast buffet was of total pleasure so much for his family as for you and have as insurance that always my companions are working for you to offer to him a great diversity of saucers during his breakfast. This comment will be spread to my companions which will feel very happy to know that his help and amiability for services to offer to them this one producing fruits.

The location that we have is favoured since it allows them to know the places about the city of Mexico and likewise we invite her to know in his near visit the tours that we handle for Teotihuacan, It populates, Taxco, Xochimilco, etc.

We wait to return to see them very prompt in the Mexico City but especially in his house Hotel Cathedral.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

We stayed twice at the "Catedral"' the first time was upon our arrival and the second time before we left Mexico. The hotel is very good especially for the price you pay. Its in excellent central location, clean and the stuff is friendly for the most part. Two really minor things i didn't like, but generally this place is highly recommended.The first time, we didn't make reservations was actually better, our room had a beautiful view, it was spacious, clean and the stuff was friendly and helpful. Before we left Mexico we wanted to return to the hotel and we booked a room, we got a confirmation from the hotel about the date and time of the day and for our request for a room with a window to the outside (some rooms have windows facing a corridor). When we got there (in the evening, the room was suppose to be ready hours before) the room was not ready and the receptionist was neither friendly nor helpful, just said we have to wait an hour or so. After a while we showed her the letter they sent us, she gave us an "upgraded" room with a Jacuzzi but window facing the corridor. we didn't mind so much for the room, just for the time spent and the arguing. The day after we left the room with the "Do not clean the room" and when we got back we found the room cleand. Its only very minor things but i didn't like it as i don't like my personal belongings being organized by others. That's why you have that sign (plus they ask you to help the environment with that sign so why not respect that).
Overall the "Catedral" is a very good choice to stay in Mexico.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yael C

Thank you very much for his sincere comment and us it regrets knowing that it had these two problems during his stay and we offer him a sincere excuse, have for insurance that we will check that it was what happened with his room to be able to prevent this type of situations do not from returning to happen in a future.

Concerning the service offered to receipt have for insurance that is not it is if the service that we offer always we do the possible thing for offering to him what is needed, this situation of was analyzing with my companions and in question with the rooms with sight cathedral, dress to the street or balcony they manage as preference in his reservation and up to the moment of his arrival it is known if we have this type of rooms due to the fact that in occasions the hotel fills days before and these rooms never deal from much before for such a motive there is guaranteed, but what if it has for insurance is that always we try to separate the rooms when the preference is had.

We are grateful for both observations that it did to us to be able to go I end an analysis of what I spend and we wait us of the opportunity to have it again with us.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

I decided to stay at the hotel Catedral on the recommendations of friends who had been there.

Upon my arrival I was greeted by several of the staff, all were very friendly and accomodating.
Since I had just arrived from the Pacific coast after a 12 hour bus ride at 8am and check-in time was still hours away I was able to leave my bagagge in storage and take the Turi-bus to see Mexico City in a leisurely way.

Upon my return a very nicely appointed room was ready for me which faced an inner courtyard making it quite quiet.The room had a very comfortable bed, a 32" LCD TV, A/C and heating, whatever your pleasure. The bathroom and showere were spacious and very clean. No street noise or noise from the zocalo either.
My room was made up every day with fresh towels and 2 bottles of bottled drinking water as well as some very nice candies.

That being during the Easter weekend made the hotel quite busy, but there was still a relaxing atmosphere in the restaurant and the breakfast room, never felt rushed about anything.
The in-house restaurant serves some very nice and tasty dinners at reasonable prices.

I have no compuction to recommend this hotel to anyone.

As an aside, I met a couple from my home city who originally stayed in a hotel along an expensive hotel strip in D.F. That hotel smelled of sewer and was more expensive than the hotel Catedral, they said they wished they had moved earlier into the hotel Catedral.

Buen viaje

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street may receive noise from nearby bar. Rooms facing the catedral will get bells...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

We are grateful for his friends for having recommended ourselves widely with you, beside thanking him for credit it decides to lodge with us and to have known the service that we offer. Likewise we him mention that our check in is opened it is to say if we have the rooms from early the access can be offered to him without mattering the hour of arrival or one guards his baggage and later there is assigned he. Our rooms are new which already possess already this box of safety and the air conditioning in process of remaining worked and the new thing are the windows which already rely on special glass that it does not allow the entry of any noise.

We are grateful for so sincere comment that did us and the time that you take to write it and it makes us happy to know that his stay could find everything what he needed and what never had any problem, have as insurance that always we will be to serve him. We wait to possess his visit soon

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This was our first trip to Mexico City and Hotel Catedral was a perfect starting point. The location is great, the room looked as if recently upgraded and the staff was courteous. The only complaint is that our room card had to be reprogramed everyday...we would go up to the room and it would not work so we would trek down to the front desk every time...this should be addressed as it is a daily irritation. Good value for the price.

Room Tip: They have rooms that look out to the street or with a view or an interior light well. If you are noi...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
HCatedral, Director de Recepción at Hotel Catedral, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

We are glad that we were his first choice to stay in Mexico City and that our location was very favorable for their activities. Also we invite you to visit our breakfast buffet with which we, the breakfast offers a variety of dish and every day just keeps changing with different dishes. Also hopefully on your next visit to have the opportunity to meet our seventh floor terraces and wonderful view they have.

We offer an apology for the inconvenience that was every day with his key detail we know this will hurt his stay with us, but rest assured that we will review it won´t happen again in a future visit. We look forward to a return visit and it was clear this detail.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Excellent value, great breakfasts (buffet style), helpful staff, very close to everything.
I was travelling alone, and found the hotel convenient, safe and clean. I would stay there again.
Ask for an inside room, they are quieter.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

Thank you very much for such a heartfelt comment that makes us, us is very satisfying to know that our location favored him enough so he could visit the places we have around us, our staff is here to serve in what you might need from a water bottle to help getting somewhere or something else they needed. Also we invite you to visit for your next visit a cathedral view room with balcony, these rooms are subject to availability on the day of arrival and likewise know the new windows that are implementing where noise is no longer penetrable room, new windows are already in operation.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write it and have a nice day.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

Hi -
Friends invited me to stay with them in San Miguel Allende, and I decided to spend several nights in Mexico City, as I have never been there. I agree with all the positive comments others have made about the hotel. I was concerned about safety (as I was traveling alone), cleanliness and convenience to major attractions. I also desired a boutique Mexican-run hotel instead of a major US hotel chain. My hotel room was spacious, clean with a comfy bed. Terrific value. Earlier reviews mention that the hotel does not have safes, nor air conditioning. But that was not the case with my room. It must have been one of their upgraded rooms. Breakfast was included in the price. Nice buffet with a variety of breads, juices, eggs, meats, beans, fruits, and hot cakes. One morning they also had salmon. I also tried the front restaurant one morning with a delicious omlette. My room was 613 with a view of the National Cathedral. The front desk was helpful in giving directions. Noise levels were minimal. My room was not on the street, and I could occassionally hear a neighbor entering their room. That was about it for noise. This hotel is recommended in several travel books that I read. It is just around the corner from the Zecalo - the main square. You can pick up Bus Tours there, or walk to the sights yourself. Lots of restaurants in the area. One small nit is that they didn't leave wash cloths. You might wish to bring your own.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
HCatedral, Director de Recepción at Hotel Catedral, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2013

His words leave us in awe of the service you received and all my staff are satisfied and happy to be able to have made your stay more than perfect if I may say, but the best thing is knowing that we fail not and gave us the opportunity to meet our service.

Our rooms as well mention it has a new design all this change is being done to provide greater comfort and relaxation during your stay, safe and air conditioning is a plus more for their rooms, on him Noise Ratio commented that they are placing new windows to prevent noise. Also let me mention that the breakfast buffet is always changed to provide greater variety of dishes, plus if you crave some other dish my chef can prepare without any problems.

We are always here to serve you with your needs and we hope to have her back here at home Hotel Catedral