“Perfect location, awesome hotel”
Review of Hotel Catedral

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mexico City
Hotel Catedral
Ranked #15 of 309 Hotels in Mexico City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Perfect location, awesome hotel”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The hotel is located close to many landmarks in Mexico City. The rooms have air condition with digital control. This is helpful in winter since many places in Mexico City don't have heating facilities. The staffs are courteous and very helpful. In particular, the concierge, Ms. Soron P., helped with our next stop hotel reservation, bus tickets etc.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Czech first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Arrived on December 23, relaxed and had dinner. December 24, took a bus tour to the Pyramids and other sites, attended mass with the Cardinal Norberto R Cabrera at the Basilica Metropolitana. This was a surprise for us. Received a special personal blessing from the Cardinal and then enjoyed a dinner of all the traditional foods served during this time of the year. December 25 took a bus to the Basilica of Guadalupe and the Museum of Anthropology. Highly recommend.

The Hotel Catedral is located in the Centro Historico and within walking distance of many sites. The restaurant catered to our special needs and the service was absolutely excellent.

We are going back in July 2014 to visit other sites and museums. Lots of things to do in Mexico City.

As in any country it is always best to be cautious of your surroundings although we had no problems with security and felt safe while we walked during the day.

Mexico people are friendly and always willing to help. Enjoyed the trip immensely.

Felipe & Juanita

Room Tip: We did expect a Queen size bed and found the room had a double bed.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Susan Weckbaugh
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Everybody loves this place for good reason so I'm going to talk about special benefits. I traveled alone and got a HUGE single room (check out the prices), walk-in shower, granite sink, safe that was big enough to fit my laptop and my "jewels." I mentioned I loved the sugar cookies they make, and they brought me up a huge plate, gratis. (Don't know if I should thank them for that as I ate them all.) The breakfast changes everyday, but Telma whips up the best omelettes ever--I had Oaxacan cheese and flor de cabeza. They even had spaghetti a la carbonara!! And a green juice made from orange, celery and nopales for digestion. Plenty of rolls and cereal and yogurt and all the regular stuff but you really don't have to eat until dinner after this. Sandra and Mayra help out in the breakfast room --anything you need, it's there in a NY second. The young women that staff the desk are all beautiful--must be a prerequisite--and so accommodating. Jessica welcomed me the first night and I felt I was home. Eddie in the restaurant and Gustavo in the lobby were so attentive to my requests. Rosy always left my room immaculate. I would suggest hairdryers be put in every room but that's my only criticism. Thank you, HC!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Suporto
yukon
Reviewed 20 December 2013

i was thoroughly impressed with the hotel..was just renovated .. room are very modern..means lots of room to lay your stuff around..even a dispenser of filtered water in bathroom...generous with their bottled water..amazing buffet for breakie..very helpful staff...had an awesome room with view of cathedral....geat sound insulation from the windows that open!!.beautiful view from terrace on top floor....5 min walk to zocalo and metro.. all for 64 dollars canadian ( inclusive of buffet)
Will definatly come here again and recommend highly to all!!

Room Tip: ask for a room with view of cathedral which means higher floor and back of the building..less noisy...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This was in a good location in the historic centre.and was like a modern Thistle hotel or similar. Staff were friendly (not all speak English so brush up on your Spanish) - it is mostly other Mexican guests. Breakfast was hearty in true Mexican style! Beds comfy so made a good base to get over jet lag and explore the city.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
HCatedral, Director de Recepción at Hotel Catedral, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
We are grateful for his sincere words and likewise the time that I take to write this comment. It makes us happy to know that his demurrage with us was very pleasant and that our location was of great help for you.

Hotel Catedral possesses a privileged location since we locate ourselves in the tourist downtown of Mexico and the principal places has them closely together. Likewise it fills with pride us to know that our collaborators did of his stay the best of Mexico. Our breakfast buffet is the only value for us, since always it contains a great variety of saucers and besides it our bonus is that it can request what you want though he is not there.

We wait for his visit very soon.
olympia, washington
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We've stayed at the Catedral three times in the past few years, most recently in early November.
It is consistently comfortable and the hotel staff service is excellent.
The restaurant on premises is convenient, but the food's not the greatest.
Bottom line, you can't do a lot better for price and location. Clean, well-run, and location, location, location.
Never hesitate to recommend this place.

Room Tip: interior rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
It makes us happy to know that we continue being of his preference and that like that it will continue being in every trip that they do to the Mexico City. We are grateful for the confidence vote that they offer to us in every visit and have as insurance that we will never do anything to defraud them, always we are working for you to offer to him the best service that is deserved.

We companions of cleanliness always are brightened for offering to them the best cleanliness that it could obtain in any other place, since for us the cleanliness is a very important point in order that you feel entrusted of being able to use the room to 100 %.

All our collaborators always will be to serve them in every visit that does us and likewise we invite that he us visits very soon for that we will be waiting with the opened arms.
Sacramento
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I was a little concerned regarding what we were getting into, After all, our room was only like 70.00 per night. My expectations were not high at all. To my surprise, the hotel was very clean and updated. Our room was very spacious, and the location was amazing! I was expecting a motel experience, but, wow! It is a nice Hotel! I can't complain one bit for the price we paid. Service was great, the breakfast was more than generous, and the location cannot be beat. I would recommend this place, and I will come back. I can't even get a divey room back home at this price!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
It makes us happy to know that the image that tape-worm of us initially it changes in its entirety and that you I take a great surprise to him with the service that we offer, has for insurance that we worry for each of our guests in order that he feels as comfortable as possible or it sits down like in his house.

Our location as well it mentions it is unsurpassable since it centres us between the principal tourist places to a few minutes of distance walking or in bus. We count with tours to different destinations, hope that in his near visit it has the opportunity to know them and to encourage to take someone, I am sure that will not repent.

Likewise also we invite them to that you know our terraces that you find in the seventh floor with a spectacular sight of the Cathedral of the Mexico City. We wait for his visit again.