Hotel Catedral
  • Free Internet
Hotel Florida(Mexico City)
Hotel Cuba(Mexico City)
View Hotel
Gran Hotel Ciudad de Mexico(Mexico City)
  • Restaurant
1,374 results
All reviewstour desktemplo mayormain cathedralgreat bargainexcellent locationcentral locationtwo blocksbreakfast buffetsingle roomzocalo areathe hotel stafftop floorhistoric centerno air conditioningrooms are cleaninternet accessfive nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2010

You will find many reviews that indicate that the front rooms are loud. They are, no question. Bass laden thumping at the bar/club just across the street woke me up Saturday morning at 7am. That is the negative.

The staff is great, I just suggest requesting an interior room. Breakfast is good, and convenient. You are 2 blocks from the Zocalo, so easily can get to tons of tourist sites/cool Mexico City feelings.

I felt very safe, though always watchful, I moved around the city from 8am until 11pm and always felt comfortable in the neighborhood. I also rode the metro and a bus or 2, super convenient and cheap, albeit crowded, but not too much. I would avoid rush hour during working days.

Overall the staff was professional, and helpful, they called a cab for me on my last day to go to the airport. The bed is not new or even updated, but clean linens and decent shower, I did not stay here to enjoy the hotel, but to enjoy the city.

The "potable water" tap in the bathroom and ice machine in the hall allowed me to fill my water bottle, without worrying about getting sick.

Overall a decent place to stay. This reminds me of a tour group European hotel. Well situated, clean, but not fancy. You can’t beat the price.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank expo02
Reviewed 1 November 2010

The best quality of this hotel is his location. Directly downtown beside the zocalo and the majors museums within a walking distance and the metro. If you choose a room inside (not on the street which is very noisy), you will sleep well. The rooms are clean and the restaurant offers good food at a good price. We stayed there 10 days and we were satisfied of our stay all along. Weappreciated the terrasse on the roof, taking our apero every night.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Clean and nice hotel with wifi and friendly english speaking staff. very good location.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2010

Just back from the Bicentennial Festivities in Puebla and other states. On the way back stayed two nights at the Catedral and it will be, from now on, my hotel of choice in Mexico City. Great location, friendly staff, great morning buffet and, when you walk out the door, you have Mexico City at your feet. The man purse I use when traveling is a replica of the old Mexican mail bags from the 19th century...it had a rip in it after long use. The concierge told me exactly where to go with it and in a matter of 15 miniutes it was fixed for $3.00 American!

Usually I stay in the Zona Rosa but I really enjoyed being downtwon. A cab ride to Polanco was just $58 pesos...$4.50 American.so my friend and I could go to other places we like having been to Mexico City at least a dozen times. A good restaurant about a block away is Mexico Viejo and the food in the hotel is good, too. I was always very cautious about my bag and my wallet becuase you are in downtown Mexico City, after all. I do the same thing in LA, New York, Buenos Aires, Paris or any other large city.

I HIGHLY recommend the Hotel Catedral....about $60-$65 well spent including breakfast.

Mal Parker,
Tucson, Arizona

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank malito
Reviewed 13 September 2010

This hotel makes a good base for a relatively budget stay in the centre of Mexico City - very close to the main square and many of the sites. The rooms are fine. The staff are helpful although don't speak great English, and while I try to speak Spanish, it did perhaps lead to a few things not being completely clear. Examples including needing to pick up a voucher from reception each day if breakfast is included in the rate, and getting a code for wifi internet. It would have been good if there had been a folder of info in the room, but there wasn't anything.
The breakfasts are good, and the bar/restaurant at the front serves cheap cocktails and food. The food is nothing amazing, but good for a low key night.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple