“Take A Walk On The Rich Side”
Review of Polanco

US$95.00*
Mexico City Segway Tour: Reforma by Night
Ranked #28 of 529 things to do in Mexico City
More attraction details
Owner description: One of Mexico City's more upscale neighborhoods with a variety of interesting shops and quality restaurants.
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My travels today to the Museo Soumaya gave me the opportunity as well to walk among the rich and probably not so famous. For the first time in all my trips to DF, I didn't feel as though I was in Mexico. Yikes! If you're homesick for southern California, Polanco is the place to hang out. If you take the metro to the Polanco station, you can have a very pleasant walk down Ave. Horacio. The pedestrian promenade is a great place to see people walking their dogs or jogging. Turn south at Parque América and head to Parque Lincoln. This spot is complete with a small farmers market on Saturdays and a playground kids won't want to leave. If you can get a copy of Lonely Planet's Mexico City:City Guide, it gives you a walking tour of the neighborhood (I find this guide indispensable when visiting DF). Before leaving Polanco, I found the Museo Sala de Publico David Siqueiros. Having just seen some outstanding Sequeiros paintings at the Soumaya Museum, I expected similar greatness here. Unfortunately, no! Several floor to ceiling abstract works are displayed, but nothing extraordinary. But, for only $12MEX, it was worth the stop. Many of the city's finest restaurants are found in Polanco, but Mexico's real charm is to be found in other neighborhoods such as San Angel. But, I can now say that I've seen a Starbucks with valet parking.

9  Thank Grousedoctor

Reviewed 26 December 2013

What an awesome neighborhood! This neighborhood is wonderful to stroll around. So many restaurants, shops, and cafes! The area right around Lincoln Park is particularly picturesque. Grab a coffee or ice cream and sit back for some entertaining people-watching. While it was fun to see the upscale shops, the narrow streets with their beautiful homes and picturesque parks were much more appealing.

4  Thank ghanson83
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Well since I lived in Mexico City like a year,one of the best parts of Mexico City is polanco,the shopping,the cinema,and one thing u guys the best tacos I mean THE BEST tacos I are was like close to the superama,but not inside the polanco no,I think is almost close to the polanco...like I was saying u guys who are traveling to Mexico City must go to polanco,great service,cinema,things to buy....

6  Thank Laureen M
Reviewed 17 April 2013

This district has in the main street Mazarik the World's top brands, the LV has a better selection that in the US and most of the restaurants are excellent.

5  Thank LeColoniale
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Polanco is a very clean and safe part of Mexico City for the most part. There are tons of clubs and lounges for the night owls and even more places to eat. Some of my favorites are Burritos, Serpico Lounge, Osaka, and Casa Habana.

Additionally, there are some places to see like the various embassies, the cathedral, and some parks. Very tranquil sometimes, crazy at others. I find it to be a little pretentious in general, especially on Masaryk, which is why I'm giving it a 3. If you have some time to kill, money to spend, have been to Mexico City before, and/or are a little museum-ed out, then Polanco's a good place for you.

5  Thank Gareth D