Mercado De Artesanias La Ciudadela

from US$39.99
More Info
from US$888.71
More Info
All reviews one stop shop arts and crafts few blocks gifts market vendors mercado mexico pesos mass
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Very fun place to explore! Lots of vendors, not too aggressive. There were many similar items for sale but there were also some unique stalls. We also walked a short distance to the Mercado San Juan to see all of the exotic foods for sale there. It was a fun experience.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

This wasn't our favorite market of our trip to Mexico City but it was worth doing. The big positive was that they didn't pressure you to buy. Lots and lots of options, tons of shops, can easily see everything in 60-90 minutes.

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank adam m
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Ive been visiting Maria Bonita for over 20 years. The clothes are beautiful and well made, and the prices are very fair.

1  Thank cheribokern
Reviewed 26 June 2017

If you can't quite hit all of the states of México, this market is the perfect place to get a taste from craft cultures all around the country. (The black clay, alebrijes and embroidery from Oaxaca are my favorites.) Give yourself some time as there is lots and lots and lots to see ;)

Reviewed 25 June 2017

I was looking for a place just like this, where I could buy small handmade items and textiles for a few folks at home. I enjoyed making decisions, bargaining in my weak Spanish, and buying a few things. I also had been to a government sponsored shop--a small one--at which there was only a limited selection and higher prices for comparable items.

Not all of the vendors speak English, and not all will give discounts. But I found that most will give at least a 10% discount if multiple items are bought. Some vendors were nicer than others. But I have found that just about everywhere . . . .