“Convenient hotel”

Ranked #48 of 306 Hotels in Mexico City
Melbourne, Australia
“Convenient hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

This hotel is convenient at the international terminal. When we arrived, the staff at the airport were extremely helpful and friendly and directed us to the hotel (look for staff in red T-shirts if you need help). Signage to the hotel is not great: this is probably a function of the airport rather than the hotel. The room was more a motel room rather than a Hilton quality standard. This is disappointing but we expected this from other reviews. I am a Diamond Hilton member and generally get upgraded but this did not occur and just given one voucher for a drink (there were two of us!). We did take up the offer but it took quite a while for the waiter to finish his book work and to then decide to make the drink. The next morning however, the staff at breakfast were helpful and friendly and eager to please. We were surprised at how good the breakfast was ... All freshly made with great fresh fruit and excellent coffee. We flew out from a different terminal and had the shuttle bus take us which was absolutely fine: the driver was very friendly to all the passengers.

The hotel is convenient but rooms need renovation to bring it up to Hilton standards. Generally good service and yummy breakfast!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonMexicoAirport, Director de Recepción at Hilton Mexico City Airport, responded to this review, 23 September 2014
Dear Guest;
All staff appreciate every comment for your last stay. every comment are very important for us in order to improve our service as well quality.
He hope we can have another opportunity in your next trip to serve you.
Regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Turkish first
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Very welcoming staff, very clean and comfortable rooms. Located inside the airport, it can get a little noisy (jet traffic). However, it is safe and extremely convenient for early departures. I will stay here again but will ask for a room opposite the airport terminal.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs, flight noise can be a little noisy in evening and late morning.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
HiltonMexicoAirport, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hilton Mexico City Airport, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Mr. Kiel F;
We are very proud to see that you enjoy your last stay with us, and found very convenient our location to your early flight. as you mentioned we are located inside of the terminal #1, and we have the service of the shuttle to Terminal # 2 complemenatary.
We hope we can have another opportunity to see you soon.
Thank you very much.
Murrieta, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Very convenient at the end of a long plane flight. The airport venues are amazing. There are three hotels in the airport. There are more than a dozen high class great meals at the restaurants in the airport.

Dear Guest;
Is our pleasure to know that your last stay was amazing with us. we work hard every day to offer all of you the best experience ever had.
We hope to see you soon!
Regards.
Frankfurt, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I will start with the worth thing that can happen to a traveler...

My SAFE BOX in the room was opened by the hotel staff and 1600 US $

As a 'Hilton Hhonnors Gold' member I always have an option for the late check out if the room is available...

After a long morning business meeting I got back to the hotel at 14:30 went in to my room and I was shocked to discover that my room was empty and the most shocking thing was that they empty the safe box with all my belongings ... I went strait to the lobby asked them why would they empty my room ... there was no answer, just a stupid silly smile ...

I asked to see the manager right away, and there he was after 10 minutes he came out with my bag... then I tried to ask him were is the money I had in the safe box and why would you check me out as a HH Gold member while the hotel was 20% full.....

guess what was the answer ... I DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!!!!!! (Now what kind of a hotel will put in charge some one that don't speak English not even a simple words?????)

And then it hit me!!!!! this is their technique check you out while you are not in the room open your safe box and take your stuff....

I immediately google "I was robbed in Hilton Mexico city" and there it was so many people had the same thing in that hotel

I immediately asked the lady at the reception to call the Police but again, the answer was we can't call the police from the hotel, you have to go to the nearest station ...so i went to the police station but guess what, they don't speak English......

That was the point that I understood why Mexico City is such a hated place all around the world
Hotel that managed by "Mafia" will do every thing for money

I contacted the HHonors customer service (Mexico Department 0-1800-00-31400)
i was on hold for 35 minutes then i was transferred 6 times to tell my story and after all this and spending money on my phone calls nothing happens i just got 'we are sorry to hear that'

Shame on you 'Hilton Hotels & Resorts' that you backing up those "Mafia" people that managing this hotel

Do everything to avoid this hotel / Sh. hall same will happen to you specially if you traveling with kids i would never trust this hotel with my family!!!

there a re bunch of hotels at the airport that are much much better then this hell-ton

Many of you probably will ask your self's if its so bad why would he not move to other hotel.
so my answer is I had less then 20 hours in Mexico I was 4 hours tops in side my room

And now to the hotel review that has nothing to do with my situation.

-Location / Good
-Room / Small, Very old, Very noisy, Super sewage and chemical smell, Not clean at all, Killed 2 cockroaches, Hand marks all over the walls in 3 different rooms (my group)
-Bathroom / Disgusting I didn't even touch the water handles without paper
-Restroom / I have no words to describe the dirt I saw there (see pictures)
-Towels / Brown and black stains on all towels (see pictures)
-Room service / don't even bother, no English there (my partner called there tried to make his order for 15 minutes they say "ok , ok" the food was never delivered to the room.
- So much more ..... dirt dirt dirt !!!

Final words:

I'll give 2 stars tops to that "hotel" ... do not fall in to the pictures on their site full Photoshopped ...

A real hell on earth, do everything to avoid this hotel u have my word on it!

------------------------------
A message to a Hilton Mexico City Airport: do not reply my review there are no words that can fix the hell I've been through.... your nice words will not fix my though ...u are low class Mafia that's all I can say ... on the next few days I am gathering all people that were robbed in your hotel and we will take it to the next step ... your robbing system is going down soon!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ethan N
HiltonMexicoAirport, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hilton Mexico City Airport, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Guest;
First of all recive our sincerly apologize for the terrible experience you had in your last stay in our property. This will definitely out of the standards that characterize our property.
Trust me that at this moment we are taking steps to have greater control, in this type of situation.and so to offer the highest security and integrity that each of you deserve.
All staff desire you can give us another opportunity to give you a different experience during your next visit to Mexico City and rest assured that we will take care of you.

Travellers are raving about these Mexico City hotels

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel is inside the airport, making it very convenient for an early morning flight. I have used this hotel many times,when I am working out of Mexico City. Rooms are OK, large, although a little "tacky". Service at the bar and restaurants could be speedier. Employees are nice, when around, but not very much connected to their guests. Of course I would never recommend this hotels if you are planning to go to the city.
Noise: not from airplanes, but airport announcements

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sergioinflorida
relacionespublicas2, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hilton Mexico City Airport, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Guest;
We really appreciate your comments about our location and service, is a pleasure give you the best quality. as you said we have an excellent location inside of the terminal # 1, is very convenient for an early flyghts, as well our breakfast is since 5:15 am every day.
All staff can't wait to see you soon!
Thank you.
Las Vegas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

My 2 night stay was ok, the staff was great but I just could not get very much sleep because of the noise going on outside my room. There was so much background noise from the airport operations and sirens from police.

1 Thank David D
relacionespublicas2, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hilton Mexico City Airport, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest;
Ireally appreciate that you mention us all your comments. We are really concerned and distressed ones for the inconvenience you had with the noises coming from outside.We know what as important is for each of you to sleep before you take a flyght.
We hope you can give us another opportunity to give you a different experience with us.
Best regards.
Swampscott, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Other than the gentleman making the omelettes every morning, the service in the bar and dining are was very slow. Not once in 5 mornings (2 recent stays) did anyone ask to refill my coffee, nor did anyone ever stop at my table to make sure everything was all right or if we needed anything, and waits for checks were longer than i am satisfied with. My room did have a couple of cleanliness issues and toiletries in the room were not consistent. One check in there were two shower soaps, the next two face soaps. Simply not what I would expect from a Hilton, especially one charging $180.00 per night. I must add that the desk personnel were very good.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

relacionespublicas2, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hilton Mexico City Airport, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest;
I am sorry to hear the inconvenience they you had during your visit, immediately I will share these with the departments involved. in order to improve that points.
that will always be a pleasure offer you our best service and quality in all the areas.
We hope we can another opportunity to change your experience.
Thank you very much.