“Good enough for a quick business trip, but rooms need work.”

InterContinental Presidente Mexico City
Ranked #21 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
“Good enough for a quick business trip, but rooms need work.”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

It was fine for 2 days for work. But rooms are in need of total makeover. Mouse trap was kind of off-putting on the 34th floor and all of the fixtures were crooked, loose and falling apart. It's very professional without any charm. Overall ok - but not for a vacation.

• Stayed February 2012
Miguel Angel A, Director General at InterContinental Presidente Mexico City, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Dear Guest,

In the name of all the staff at the Presidente InterContinental Mexico we thank you for sharing your opinion in this travel forum

It is of extreme importance to listen to our guest's voice since you are the reason we are here.
Regarding the rooms condition we agree with you that they need some work, that is why we are currently going though a renovation of our rooms and other public areas in order to scale them to the new traveler demands; we are also about to open a first class Spa in the month of March as well as future renovations in the Lobby bar and other areas in the forthcoming weeks.

Once again, thank you for taking the time, we hope to have the opportunity to have you back in the near future so we can restore your confidence in us.

Guillermo Valencia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Lovely& very clean rooms, ultra friendly staff, impressive lobby and sweeping views... My family and I were very satisfied with our stay here recently.

Room Tip: higher floors, better views.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank charlotte h
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Presidente InterContinental Mexico's staff we thank you for sharing your opinion in this travel forum.
We feel proud that our rooms, staff, lobby and panoramic views satisfied your and your family's taste.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
Warm Regards,

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Here is my "wonderful" story about my stay at the Presidente:

First day: I arrived at the hotel on the 26th. When I first walked in the room, I saw that the carpet in front of the sink was wet, but I thought: "OK, not a big problem. I'll go to sleep and I'll leave a towel on top it to dry it out, which worked (I checked in the morning). I was really tired because of my flight and I had a great night of sleep. The room also had a great view!

Second day:I woke up early and went to work. When I arrived at my room, I smelled some weird smell. It was the carpet that did not dry entirely (so my towel idea did not work), so the smell of the room was not nice, so I put a towel on top of the smelly part of the carpet and smell stopped. I ordered a club sandwich, which was good.
Now is where everything gets messy. I tried to go to sleep, but a really loud noise came from the wall. I thought it was the A/C, so I shut it down and the room got really hot and the noise did not stop. After 45 minutes without understanding what was going on and not being able to sleep, I called the front desk and explained my problem. If I'm not mistaken, it was room 3023. Immediately they offered me a room move and for my surprise the front desk person told me the noise came from the elevator. So I thought: "Oh my god! If I did not complain, the noise would never stop! And that means that people that don't complain, doesn't have a great night of sleep." Luckly, I complained. The new room had a better view and I had a great night of sleep. I think it was room 3610. No noise at all.

Third day: This I got really frustrated =( I woke up after a great night of sleep and I dialed the At your service button (I'm not sure if the name of the button is correct), a nice lady picked up the phone and I asked if breakfast was included on my stay and she confirmed me it was. So I went downstairs and had a lovely breakfast! Frijoles are great! I went back to my room after breakfast and as I walked in the room, the telephone rang. It was the restaurant, telling me that my breakfast was not included. I was really confused at this moment. So I decided to call "at your service" to try to talk to the nice lady that confirmed that my breakfast was included. Guess what? This nice lady has disappeared. I tried to explain what was going on to a nice gentleman and he told that he would check what was going on and would call back in 15 minutes, which he never did. After waiting 45 minutes for this call, I decided to call the front desk, and the answer I heard was: "Unfortunately nobody here has confirmed anything about a breakfast to anyone." I felt like a liar. It was not the money issue (my company was paying for all the extra charges I had), it was a trust issue. I was really frustrated about it. So I decided to waste another 30 minutes of my beautiful morning in Polanco to speak with the Manager on Duty. After explaining my story to the Manager on Duty, he took the breakfast out of my hotel bill, which it was fine. I just wonder, why it took 1h15 minutes to resolve this problem. Should not be faster?

Will I recommend this hotel for a friend of mine? Maybe. I just need to tell them not to stay in a room close to the elevator and write down the name of the staff they speak with.

Rafael Guimaraes

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Miguel Angel A, Director General at InterContinental Presidente Mexico City, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Dear Guest,

In behalf of all the staff at Presidente InterContinental Mexico thank you for your review.
We take seriously your comments and apologize for the noise in which we are currently working to find a solution.
In regards to breakfast, we honestly believe that there was a misunderstanding, and although you should have known if it was included or not you were not sure, the research indicates that it was not includesd however I am pleased to learn we gave it to you as a courtesy.
If there is anything else I can help you with please let us know.
Best Regards,

Sausalito, California
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I've stayed a couple of days while attending an event in their convention center.
Courtesy and clean. Good starbucks just on the other side of the street.
Noisy in the night, like any place in city...

Room Tip: top floors
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Miguel Angel A, Director General at InterContinental Presidente Mexico City, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire Presidente InterContinental Mexico City Team we thank for your comment in this social network.

We feel proud that you enjoyed the event you attended to at our Convention Center as well as our staff's courtesy.

We highly appreciate your patronage.

Miami
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Great location, excellent professional staff - very personable and efficient. Great views from the rooms which are spacious and perfect for business and leisure travel.

Would be very happy to stay at this hotel again on my next visit to Mexico City.

Dear Guest,

We feel proud that we met your high expectations regarding the Hotel's location, our professional and personable staff and the panoramic views of our rooms.

We truly appreciate your patronage.

FVG
Reviewed 3 February 2012

of course if you go to an Intercontinental you know what you can expect from them..huge spaces that causes "horror vacui" and a professional approach to the welcome part.
The rooms are quite aged but sufficiently clean ( not really spotless)
Maybe they could have added a clearer sign that the water from the tab it's "safe" to use it..The first day I was left worryng if I had to use the bottled water or not..
The hotel is conveniently located for the anthropology museum and you have a metro very close by that you can use to explore the city with a 3 Mex$!!! a treat
Food in the hotel is expensive but you can find a gazillion of places nearby with correct food and price wise.

1 Thank bidibodi
Dear Guest,

Your opinion is valuable to us, we have already talked during our Executive Committee about your comments.

We feel proud that we met your expectations regarding our convenient location close to the Anthropology Museum and our closeness to the city's super-economic subway system.

Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I was an invited guest speaker at the Annual World Dental Federation (FDI) Congress held in Mexico City from the 14th to the 16th of September 2011. I made a reservation on line in July for my stay at the Hotel Presidente Intercontinental of Mexico City, the main conference hotel. A few weeks later, the organizers of the Congress informed me that they had made a reservation for me at the Hotel Presidente for the same days. In early August of 2011 I called the Hotel Presidente to cancel the reservation I had made a few weeks before. However, the response of the Hotel was that their policy is to not allow the cancelation of a reservation, even though it was made through the official Hotel's website and in spite of the fact that there was another reservation in my name for the same period of time.The Hotel charged my credit card for the full stay at the Hotel. To make the story short, when I did the checkout of the hotel on September 16th, my stay was paid off completely on the reservation made by the Congress organizers and the supervisor of the front desk assured me that my credit card would be credited for the total amount that they had already charged to my credit card in July. and that this would happen within five working days. This did not happen. After two months the hotel reimbursed only one third of the total amount,

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business