“Excellent Service”

InterContinental Presidente Mexico City
Ranked #19 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The InterContinental Presidente in Mexico City is in a great location in Mexico City. The area is called Polanco and there are many great restaurants and bars. The hotel is very nice and the sevice is exceptional. The staff members are very attentive and friendly. There were many large groups staying while I was there and the hotel accommodated everyone with little inconvenience except for a few elevator backups in the evening.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Guillermo447, Gerente at InterContinental Presidente Mexico City, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments about your experience at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, our location and most of all our service, it is our goal to provide our guest with the best service so it is pretty heartwarming to know that we accomplished our goal during your stay. We do appreciate your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Guillermo Valencia V.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Turkish first
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Before arriving I had contacted concierge and set up p/u from airport. Chauffeur was great and was able to charge to my room. Staff are very friendly and willing to assist. Rooms are a little small. Plenty of onsite restaurants as well as many within walking distance. One of the largest city parks in the world only a couple blocks away.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Latino_Hog
Dear guest,

Thank you for your preference, for staying with us and for sharing your great comment about our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, our location and surroundings but most of all it is so good to know that the service provided was excellent from our concierge staff to all the people who were friendly and attentive to you. We are going to congratulate the staff for their great job and we hope to have the honor to welcoming you back in the near future to provide you with the same good service we did last time.

Thank you for choosing InterContinental hotels.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

I was very well assisted by the hotel staff as usual and enjoyed my visit. Special thanks to Enrique and Ivan who helped with getting around the city.

The French restaurant opening 24hrs was incredibly helpful given my flight times. Having a nice meal and relaxing after a long trip at late at night is not usually possible at other locations I visit. Overall I was very satisfied with the decision to stay at the Intercontinental.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bracouple
Guillermo447, Gerente at InterContinental Presidente Mexico City, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for your great comments about our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, our French restaurant and most of all the service provided by Enrique and Ivan, we will share your comments with them and congratulate them for their great job. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future to provide you with the same good service we did last time.

Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel presidente intercontinental is located in a very good and safe area! There is a Starbucks in front of the hotel that is a good option due to expensive breakfast. If you want to go shopping the palacio de hierro is 5 minutes by car and another option the stores on marysak street!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Danjaps
Guillermo447, Gerente at InterContinental Presidente Mexico City, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your preference and for your great comments about our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and most of all our location, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future to provide you with the same good service we did last time.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 27 September 2013

There were some nice things about this hotel, such as the cleanliness and quality of the restaurants and concierge.

However, there were a few big misses:

1) Our company negotiated internet and the club lounge in our rate, but taking advantage of these was a bit of a pain.

Specifically, I had to get a new code for the internet every 12-24 hours, despite being there for a week. The site that they use for logging in is terrible and doesn't work half the time, which is irritating for trying to work.

And frankly, I don't like the fact that you have to wait for someone to give you utensils and a napkin in the lounge, despite the fact that they could easily have them out. I was asked for my room number each time, despite using my room key to get in there, which they notably didn't ask other guests.

Furthermore, the Nespresso machine seems like a nice idea, but it was broken about half of the time that I wanted to use it, with a message about either the milk steamer needing cleaning, the espresso nozzles being clogged, or both.

2) The housekeeping borders on obnoxious if you leave a "Do Not Disturb" card on your door. This is especially a pain if you're asleep during the day, because not only will they call you on the phone to leave a message, they'll also slide a card under the door. It's obvious that they wont come in to clean if you have that card on your door. If I'm taking a nap in the middle of the day, I sure don't want to be woken up by a phone call.

3) The area where the hotel is located is downright boring. I suppose it's fine if you really want to be in the safest possible area, but there are few things of interest nearby.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank billatq
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments about your stay at our hotel. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us and I am also sorry for the inconveniences you experienced with our internet service, our Club Lounge staff, Nespresso machine and housekeeping. I am going to share your comments with our management staff in order to prevent these kind of incidents. It is a pity that you have a bad impression of our hotel and we would like to change it if you give us the opportunity to serve you in the near future to provide you with the service you expect from an InterContinental hotel.

Porto Alegre, RS
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed there for many nights in nov, dec 12 and jan 13 and it was a great place to stay! Got view to Auditorio Nacional and the room is very silent and confortable. There is a subway station just in front, a good way to visit many places like Zocalo.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Ftomahawk
Guillermo447, Gerente at InterContinental Presidente Mexico City, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us, for being a frequent guest and for sharing your comments about our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, our location, view and rooms. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future , we do appreciate your loyalty to our hotel.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

The Intercontinental Mexico City is a "classic" for business travellers to the city. Apparently, this is where many foreign VIPS come (the Chinese president stayed there at his last visit - June 2013 if I remember well). I have stayed there various times between May and September 2013 for business purposes.

Positive aspects: fantastic location (close to Chapultepec park which is great for running, and at a walking distance to the lively Polanco bars and restaurants), a good choice of restaurants within the hotel itself (French, Italian, Chinese,...), great view (particularly the park views), good service. Negative aspects: rooms a bit old fashion (I understand they are progressively renovating them), can be a bit noisy by night (no great noise isolation). I would have appreciated a swimming pool (a real pity), but to be fair, the gym is nice (with a view as well). Some tips: the buffet brunch on Sunday morning/afternoon at La Chimenea restaurant is a good option, ask for a park view room (really worth it I tell you), restaurant Le pied de cochon is 24/7, which can be helpful when you are dealing with serious jetlag...

I must add that I paid my company negociated prices which made the rates very reasonable for this category of hotels (daily rate: 140$ without taxes). Overall: a solid choice for business travellers: not necessarily exceptional but no bad surprises! I always come back to the Presidente...

Room Tip: Pick-up a park view room!