InterContinental Presidente Mexico City
Ranked #20 of 309 Hotels in Mexico City
Stamford, Connecticut
“Awful”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I hardly ever write reviews, but I want to warn travelers to stay away. I typically stay in the Marriott next door but they were booked this time. As my colleague is staying there, I opted for the Intercontinental to be close. Got here today. The room first of all was not king size as reserved, second it was not really clean - half empty water bottles,used coffee pod still in coffee machine. The water in the coffee machine had brown gook floating in it - it was disgusting, yuck. I have to do some work on my laptop. A cleaning lady comes in without knocking - and does not even apologize, just tells me she has to bring a new shower cap. Also, there seems to be renovation going on - I hear hammering, the noise is awful. When I complain, they tell me they will give me a new room - this is now over 30 minutes ago and I have not heard back! Can't wait to leave!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Guillermo447, Gerente at InterContinental Presidente Mexico City, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for giving us your feedback about your stay in the hotel. I am really sorry for all the inconveniences that you experienced in our hotel, there are no excuses for the bad service that you received from our staff. Rest assure that I already shared your comments with our management staff in order to take action and prevent this kind of incidents. This is not the service that we are use to and it is a real shame that you had such a bad impression of our hotel. I hope you can give us another opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with the service that you expect from an InterContinental Hotel.

Guillermo Valencia V.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Turkish first
North Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This hotel is centrally located in "safe zone" area of Mexico city called Polanco. I stayed in club level room so I do enjoy the benefit it brings including breakfast in 39th floor where I can view the beautiful Mexico City in the early morning. The service is good and attentive. The breakfast comprises of quality food but the variety is quite limited and no salad at all. The room is clean though rather small compared to other hotels in the range of US$400! It has a big window so I can watch the beautiful city of Mexicon day and nights. I like it. The bathroom is decent with limited supplies of soaps and shampoo and the like. In general, the room is fine. The only problem that I already learn from previous travelers is the noise of door closing from other rooms. I checked and found out there is a big gap between the floor and the door so most of the time, I am waken up by heavy noise from other doors closure. I think the management should look into this matter, otherwise it is difficult for guest to get a nice sleep.

Room Tip: Anthropology museum is just next to the hotel; hop on hop off bus stop for city tour is right across...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments about your stay in our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our location, Club Lounge, breakfast, room, view and most of all the service provided by our staff; I would also like to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced with the noise produced by doors closure. I would like to share with you that we are under renovation process of all our guest rooms and we are trying to improve on this matter, we do appreciate your advice regarding the gap between the doors and floor. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future to provide you with the same good service we did last time and better soundproofing in rooms.

Llanrhaeadr ym Mochnant, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This is a very imposing property and typical of the Intercontinental chain. Everything about it is very grand, but it feels impersonal (as you would expect from such a huge hotel, to be fair).
The rooms are now dated, but very functional. Plenty of choice of restaurants/bars, but expensive, even though quality is good.
Big downside is that there is absolutely no space to relax outside, so if you want to enjoy the sunshine, you have to find a local bar/cafe. After a week here, I felt like a caged animal!
I am sure that, for the money, there are much nicer places to stay in Mexico City, but for a business stay for a couple of nights, it is bearable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Guillermo447, Gerente at InterContinental Presidente Mexico City, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your preference and for giving us your feedback about our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, our restaurants, bars and rooms which are dated as you mentioned but I would like to share with you that we are under renovation process and on your next visit you can ask for a renewed room. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Pros:
- Great location. The neighborhood is great away from the mess of Zócalo. There are great restaurants, bars, parks and museums nearby. It is really an upscale place.
- Great hotel with lots of restaurants inside.
- Staff was very kind to us from bell boys to front desk. Flawless service!
- Nice breakfast (yet we do think that we got food poisoned by their passion fruit juice...)
- The room was great. They gave us a high floor with a great view to Bosque de Chapultepec.
- Nice bed and shower.
- Free wi-fi (for intercontinental members).
- Free bikes.
- Discounted parking for guests.
- Great gym.

Cons: NONE

ADDITIONAL COMMENT:
It is really interesting how an hotel charging a price that is not that cheap can please their guests with impeccable service and quality.

Room Tip: High floor with views!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for giving us your great feedback about our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, our location, restaurants, breakfast, rooms, gym, etc, but most of all that the service provided were up to the standards you were looking for. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future to provide you with the same good service we did on your last visit.

Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Consistent property in the Intercontinental family. There is a great selection of restaurants in the hotel and in an overall great location. The staff was friendly and attentive. Would definitely return.

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments about our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, our restaurants, location and most of all the service provided. We are willing for your next stay with us.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Pros: good staff and service, good beauty salon and hairdresser on site, good choice of restaurants in the hotel and superb location, in the heart of Polanco which is a relatively secure and attractive part of Mexico City

Average: Rooms are comfortable but the decor is a little bit tired: some look as though they need a substantial overhaul. Beds very comfortable. Prices are too high to justify anything other than very fresh and elegant decor

Cons: Lobby is large, noisy and decor is tacky. In general, prices are extremely high. Breakfast area very cramped when I stayed there (Oct 2013, I believe they may have expanded it since)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
usa
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The location is great as there are many restaurants and close to public transportation if you want to go the Zocalo area. Zocalo is a half hour cab ride. It is walking distance to the anthropology museum, Lincoln park and the chapultec park. Great concierge staff - especially Victoria.Thanks!

Room Tip: Choose a room which overlooks the park.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for your preference and for sharing your great comments about our stay. I am glad you enjoyed your visit to our hotel, our location and most of all the service provided. We are going to congratulate Victoria for her great job and we hope to have the honor of welcoming you back in the near future.