My friend and I wanted to spend a day in Mexico City exlporing the museum of Anthropology before she flew back to the US. We also wanted to stroll through Chapultapec park and have a nice dinner nearby. All of this was an easy walk from the hotel Presidente. We secured a room at a special AAA rate saving us about $40 US dollars. Arriving before noon we asked to have our luggage stored until check-in and the staff was more than accommodating. The Lobby is open and beautiful and a comfortable place to sit and puruse the complimentary maps offered by the concierge. Our room was very comfortable with a magnificent view of the park and the Civic Center. The beds were very comfortable as well. There was no hair dryer in the room and we had to ask for another coffee cup, otherwise it was excellent. There was some renovating on our floor but we were not disturbed by it.
On returning from the Museum we stopped across the street at a 7-11 to purchase bottles of water and soft drinks, as the ones in the hotel minibar are incredibly expensive. There is also a Starbucks across the street where you can grab a more affordable breakfast than the 500 peso pancakes offered in the restaurant.. Just down the street is a fine cevicheria where we enjoyed samplings of several ceviches - my favorite being the very simple Peruvian style. The concierge can offer many fine suggestions for restaurants if you prefer not to dine in the hotel but ask for a radio taxi rather than taking the hotel van which is twice as expensive. This is doubly true for trips to the airport or bus station.. I think this hotel is best for business travelers. If we hadn't specifically targeted the Museum we probably would have stayed at one of the great b&bs Mexico City has to offer closer to the old district.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Presidente InterContinental Mexico City is an award-winning hotel in Polanco, one of the capital's most dynamic cultural, business and shopping areas. This prestigious building is close to the National Museum of Anthropology, Chapultepec Park and Castle and the National Auditorium. Nearby Mazaryk Avenue and Antara Mall are also worth seeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Presidente Mexico City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Presidente Mexico City Hotel Mexico City
- Intercontinental Mexico City
- Mexico City Intercontinental