“Another superb stay at the Presidente InterContinental!”

InterContinental Presidente Mexico City
Ranked #19 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Another superb stay at the Presidente InterContinental!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We have just returned from a wonderful three night stay at the InterContinental Presidente in charming Polanco. We have stayed here numerous times, and, as a result, feel compelled to share the consistent excellency of this hotel. Every time we stay we are treated to the same level of superb service and are delighted with our accommodations. This is an establishment that values warm hospitality while also offering superb restaurants, spa experiences and an above average Club Lounge. Further, I would like to commend the Guest Relations Manager, Christopher Juern, and Mario Laguna at the Concierge for their stand out service.

Regarding Mr.Juern, he was incredibly helpful from the moment I booked our reservation. As an example, When I mentioned to him that we were traveling with family he then arranged a lovely upgrade with two adjoining rooms with a special amenity awaiting us in each room. Further, he made a point of personally checking in to see how we were enjoying our stay. That type of follow- through and attentiveness is to be commended because it not only made our stay as special as it possible but it makes us want to come back time and time again.

We also experienced wonderful service from Mr. Laguna at the Concierge desk. Not only was he eager to provide us with directions, confirm dinner reservations or direct us to shops but he also offered us a bicycle to navigate around Polanco! Quite simply, he is a very resourceful and amiable gentleman whom we will look forward to working with during future stays.

Regarding restaurants the hotel InterContinental has some of the best it the city. We actually had a private party during our stay at Au Pied de Cochon. It is a gorgeous French Bistro with spectacular food. We were celebrating a birthday party with 29 guests and were provided with a beautiful private room. The meal was divine and the service was timed perfectly. Quite an accomplishment for such a large group! We have eaten at all of the other hotels in the Hotel and been similarly pleased. Further, Mr. Juern and Mr. Laguna tell me that in several months a new restaurant is opening which is generating some excitement. We can’t wait for our next visit so we can try it.

Finally, one of our favorite aspects of the hotel is its wonderful Club Lounge. We are Platinum Ambassador members and have traveled frequently to many luxury hotels around the world and this is one of our favorite aspects of this hotel. To upgrade to this feature provides you with wonderful breakfast, a fabulous cocktail hour that is again served with the most impeccable service. Further, the Lounge overlooks the most gorgeous view of Mexico City!

In summary, this is truly a destination hotel with destination restaurants and location with a service staff that deserves high praise! We so look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Guillermo447, Gerente at InterContinental Presidente Mexico City, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us, it is so heartwarming to read this kind of reviews. I am glad and proud to know that you enjoyed your stay and that we met all your expectations. I already congratulated Christopher and Mario for the excellent service provided. We will also look forward for your next stay with us to provide you with the same excellent service.

Guillermo Valencia V.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Turkish first
NYC
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Location in Polanco, right by Chapultepec Park is outstanding, roms in high floors have amazing views. However, room decoration is dated and renovation is badly needed. Also, room did not have a hairdryer, was brought up once I requested it... for a hotel of this quality, would expect more attention to detail from housekeepers doing the rooms.

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for giving us your feedback about our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our location and views, regarding on your comments about the dated decoration I would like to share with you that we are under total renovation process of all our guestrooms. I would like you to give us another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and provide you with the service that you expect from an InterContinental hotel in our renewed rooms.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is definitely the most tired intercontinental hotel where I have been. Old carpet, old furniture, tired bathroom. Service and personell is good. Very nice view from windows.
Breakfast was ok , food quality is decent but poor choice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Guillermo447, Gerente at InterContinental Presidente Mexico City, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for giving us your feedback about our hotel. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us due to our physical condition but I would like to share with you that we are under total renovation process of all our guestrooms, in fact we already have some renewed rooms available. I would like to change the bad impression that you have of our hotel if you give us the opportunity to serve you in the near future to provide you with the service and rooms you expect from an InterContinental hotel.

Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This modern hotel is an upscale part of Mexico City. It is a busy hotel with lots of international business travelers. The hotel contains three of the nicest restaurants in Mexico City and contains the largest wine selection in Latin America. Normally I don't eat in hotel restaurants, but do to safety concerns, I ate in the hotel restaurants or got room service for my entire stay. I didn't experience any renovation issues as other travelers did. My room was quiet with beautiful views. 19th floor. Television contained several English channels, including HBO.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your preference and for sharing your excellent comments about our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our location, restaurants, view, channel selection and hotel security, it will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Went there on a business trip and stayed there for four days. Satisfied all my requirements with an efficient and professional service. The location was perfect for me and close to many good restaurants (I did not try the ones in the hotel as I prefer to go out for a meal). The room was exactly what I requested (Club Level) and provided all that I needed; wifi worked well but could be faster.

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments about our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the efficient and professional service from our staff, we hope to have to opportunity of welcome you back in the near future to provide you with the same great service.

New Jersey
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Fantastic location, excellent service. Several very good restaurants on site and walking distance to some other nice restaurants.
My room was spacious, comfortable and with a nice view to the park. The club lounge has a great selection of complementary drinks and food. The public areas of the hotel are also well maintained.
Overall a great stay. Thank you Gabriel Tenorio for your great Service.

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your excellent comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, our restaurants, room, view, club lounge, but most of all it is so good to know that the service provided was excellent, we congratulated all the staff for their great job and particularly our Front Desk Manager, Mr. Gabriel Tenorio. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future to provide you with the same good service.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed recently at the ICP for a trade show/conference and was interested to hear they were under construction on a portion of their middle floors. I requested a King room with executive floor and was given two double beds which told me that they were overbooked on the current king room and this was not made known to me on check in.

I stayed in a room that was recently remodeled into the new style. Everything was nice about the room, rain shower was wonderful, view was great, furniture was excellent, except the bed which was as hard as a rock and was not comfortable for someone that had been traveling internationally all day. i should have called to the reservation desk to change but by the time i checked in it was very late and i was tired, so i tried it out and could not sleep well.

On the executive floor only able to use the breakfast service, which was a good continental buffet breakfast with everything you could want. i would have liked to use the evening service as well but the trade show was later.

I would have to caution if you are one person going to a trade show (that lasts until 9pm at night), only reserve a basic room and buy your breakfast and internet separate, the up charge for this wouldn't be wise.

The lobby bar was great but for Mexico City was dead at 1030pm. Go across the street to one of the other bars or to the W hotel for more atmosphere.

Room Tip: Ask if your floor is remodeled or still older style. And make sure of your bed choice when arrivin...