This hotel was located in a lovely neighborhood in Mexico City "Polanco" and was an easy taxi ride away from the airport. Although the neighborhood is aesthetically beautiful the local night scene is average and actually pretty dead. The local restaurants had mediocre food at inflated prices and most places we ate had awful service. The hotel itself had good service, attentive staff and a pleasant atmosphere. One negative for the staff is that they put us in a room on a floor that was having 9am-6pm construction which meant we were rudely woken up by hammers and drilling (they offered no warning of this when we checked in). The staff were courteous when we phoned to complain and moved us to a different room. The rooms all have spectacular views of Chapultepec Park and it was lovely to wake up and fall asleep to the city views. The beds were comfortable but the rooms themselves were nothing to write home about. Pretty outdated and old décor, it's obvious you're paying for the nice neighborhood and sweeping views. The hotel is centrally located with the metro only 1 block away, the National museum of anthropology 1 block away and the auditorium also only 1 block away which makes it easy to jump on a number of tour buses coming through. We also were one street away from avenida reforma which closes on Sunday morning for bike riders (a lovely treat), the hotel has bikes you can borrow. Overall, we had a very pleasant trip, slept well and would possibly stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Presidente InterContinental Mexico City is an award-winning hotel in Polanco, one of the capital's most dynamic cultural, business and shopping areas. This prestigious building is close to the National Museum of Anthropology, Chapultepec Park and Castle and the National Auditorium. Nearby Mazaryk Avenue and Antara Mall are also worth seeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Odigeo and IHG so you can book your InterContinental Presidente Mexico City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Presidente Mexico City Hotel Mexico City
- Intercontinental Mexico City
- Mexico City Intercontinental