The hotel sits by the Marriott and the W in the fanciest part of town, but is unfortunately a little old, noisy and dingy. However, it makes up for the so-so rooms with great service, mainly with the concierge. The hotel is also steps to a 7-11, Starbucks, HSBC and some wonderful museums and restaurants. Location, location, location.
We stayed on floor 29 which smells a lot like it might have a water damage/mold problem. Our room, in addition to the halls, also smelled a bit boat-like. This might have something to do with the lack of a fan in the bathroom. The walls are thin and you can hear anything from your neighbors conversing to loud outdoor noises such as marathons, traffic noise, or hammering/drilling due to the renovations (even though you are high up on the 29th floor). The rooms as far as decoration and such are concerned are pretty standard. Also, I agree with the comments about the temperature being too hot. We had to turn our room to about 64 degrees to sleep comfortably in bed.
On the other hand, the location is fantastic and a quick walk to some hip, safe, upscale areas and restaurants. The concierge is great and have connections to private cars/tour guides which take you wherever you want to go for about 20 US dollars an hour. This is how we saw a lot of attractions and even went on some impromptu side trips at the suggestion of or driver/your guide. All in all, we had a wonderful stay in Mexico but would preferred if it had been a little quieter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Presidente InterContinental Mexico City is an award-winning hotel in Polanco, one of the capital's most dynamic cultural, business and shopping areas. This prestigious building is close to the National Museum of Anthropology, Chapultepec Park and Castle and the National Auditorium. Nearby Mazaryk Avenue and Antara Mall are also worth seeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Presidente Mexico City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Presidente Mexico City Hotel Mexico City
- Intercontinental Mexico City
- Mexico City Intercontinental