I have stayed at this hotel 3 times. The hotel has a great location in Mexico City in trendy polanco. It is centrally located to the business district and there are several nice restaurants within walking distance. For this reason, I have always chosen this hotel. However, during my last visit, I woke up before a busy day of meetings to find that my room did not have any water. You could not turn on the faucet, take a shower, or flush the tolit. When I called down to reception, I learned that the pump to bring the water to the floors above level 10 broke! So everyone's rooms above floor 10 had no water!!! The receptionist did not really care at all, but I guess there was not much she could do.
So this meant that I had to spend a whole day in meetings feeling very icky from no shower! I was in Mexico City to make an impression to some clients -- but I couldn't even take a shower! It was miserable! When I returned that night the problem was fixed and they gave everyone cookies in their room. Kind of a joke in my opinion. This is supposed to be a business hotel --- and you couldn't even shower!
I am sure this was a one-off event, so I would recommend this hotel to business travellers. However, due to my terrible day without a shower, I will never be back! I was never given any compensation for the inconvenience either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Presidente InterContinental Mexico City is an award-winning hotel in Polanco, one of the capital's most dynamic cultural, business and shopping areas. This prestigious building is close to the National Museum of Anthropology, Chapultepec Park and Castle and the National Auditorium. Nearby Mazaryk Avenue and Antara Mall are also worth seeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Presidente Mexico City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Presidente Mexico City Hotel Mexico City
- Intercontinental Mexico City
- Mexico City Intercontinental