“Good hotel, not favourite location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal Pedregal

Royal Pedregal
Ranked #128 of 306 Hotels in Mexico City
London
“Good hotel, not favourite location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Hotel has good service, large rooms. Front desk always helpful. The pool and gym is reasonable and there is someone there to support. Classes are held in the studio if you fancy yoga or other activities.

A western style mall is close by, but lots of traffic usually in the area. Note the area around the hotel is totally dead. Not really a fun tourist area!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JazzyYazz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed in this hotel from Jan 28th - Feb 4th and our experience was awful!
Starting with the check in, we didn't get the room that we booked plus the front desk staff was very rude. The bed sheets had holes, the towels were ripped, the shower was clogged and the phone in the room was not working. The table cloth in the restaurant was dirty and old. After speaking with the manager, we got upgraded to a "better" room, which was bigger but with a lot of maintenance issues. the service recovery from the manager was very poor and not genuine at all. Poor quality food. We left very disappointed with the hotel and with the staff. Look for another options and I would not stay in the hotel ever again.

Room Tip: All rooms are old and with maintenance issues
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank adri m

Travellers are raving about these Mexico City hotels

San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've traveled to Mexico on business on many occasions, but never stayed this far south. It was recommended by my customer for a good corporate rate, but there is many and much better alternatives. Bedrooms are large, but everything about them is OLD. My linens and specially towels were very old and had seen better days. Although WiFi is free, it is too slow.
Personnel at front desk with NO personality; the only time I order room service, only coffee, it took well over 50 minutes. When I asked for an umbrella, the answer was "we don't have any"
Never again.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rene C
Padua, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

I was in Royal Pedregal during my first business trip in Mexico city and since it was my first time on FD I asked my local contact to book the hotel for me... I'll never do it again!

The hotel is globally good.. room was big enough and clean, good tv set (32" flat lcd sony HD), bathroom big and clean... the WiFi in free, the signal was quite poor in my room but was enough for stable connection.
Very useful was also the iron and ironing board included... I definitively need it when travel for business because my luggage are always too full and shirts too pressed :-)
The AC is quite efficient but very noisy... I cannot sleep when activated so I just tried to refresh the room and switching off during night to sleep better... At the end was ok but in summer time should be a nightmare!!

The breakfast is just good, nothing special but I enjoyed fresh fruits, good yogurt and very good pancakes with nuts... I eat these topped with strawberry jam ..... really yummy!!
There are also a lot of cooked dishes likes scrambled eggs, beams, pork, beef, cheese, tacos, and others...
The price for breakfast buffet is reasonable: 179 $pesos (around 11€).

The guests also have 2 hours free in the meeting room (really useful to receive your customers) but the projector is not included and the rent is quite expensive: 2.200$pesos for 2 hours.... Actually you could buy a new one for this price!!

I also tried the internal restaurant for the lunch; I had a good salmon carpaccio, a tasty deep fried balls with ham and cheese and a glass of Spanish white wine.... I really enjoyed this simple lunch with good service and reasonable price (sorry I don't remember the cost).

The real problem for this hotel is the location!!!!!
Periferico Sur is really far from the downtown, the expo, the airport, everything is too far.... and considering the mega traffic jam in DF, the hotel is really OUT OF THE WORLD!!
I spent more time traveling by cars, then sleeping on my bed!!

So I suggest to choose this hotel just in case you have some specific interest in that area... or just move to downtown that is very exiting place... I had the opportunity to spend some hours walking around the downtown and I really liked it...
Next time for sure I'll try to live in Zona Rosa to be closer to business area, downtown and to enjoy the positive energy that you can feel walking around that area.

BTW even if the location caused me a lot of troubles, I really spent a pleasure time in Pedregal Royal hotel and for sure I will never forget that moments.

Good luck to everybody!
Stefano.

Room Tip: Try to ask for new AC system... this will help you to sleep better.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Bardano
Lima
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

Royal Pedregal looks better on the website from what actually is but it delivers. It seems it had better years in the past but it has mostly renewed. Rooms are very big and comfortable. It is far from downtown, so convenience of location will depend on your business. Restaurant is not good but there is nothing else nearby. Food service at the main restaurant is slow, try to avoid rush hour as they usually have group bookings. Room service, on the other hand, proved to be very good.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

I have stayed at the Royal many times, 11 years ago I practically lived there for 6 months. The rooms are large and clean, and the service is excellent from the bellboys to room service and the lobby staff, too bad they don't have a rewards program otherwise I would have plenty of free nights. The hotel is old now, but they made a big renovation changing all the carpets and TV's, however they took out the movies system which I used to like. The only con I found this last time is that the undersheets for the beds are still super old, they need to change this ASAP, and also the A/C was making strange noises during the night. But is by far the best option in the south of the city, way better than camino real or radisson

Room Tip: Ask for a view to Jardines en la Montana, and if you can get a junior suite is worth every extra pes...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Grapevine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013 via mobile

I stay at Royal Pedregal every November for a conference. I'm not a big fan of this hotel. While it is definitely clean and comfortable, it could use some major updates. The hotel appears to have been decorated and furnished in the 1980s without many major updates since then.

Giving credit where it is due - the front desk staff is almost entirely bilingual which is a big help for international travelers. The hotel restaurant is also pretty good.

If you are staying in this part of the city and you have a choice, I recommend looking at all of your options before staying here.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business