“Fine for a budget stay”

Ranked #204 of 306 Hotels in Mexico City
Perth, Australia
“Fine for a budget stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed here for a Contiki trip by myself. Beds were VERY hard (and I pride myself on being able to sleep anywhere) so sleeping the first night was a bit of a struglle. The air con / heater in my room kept turning off and the water in the shower was freezing. The rooftop pool area was great, although they had private functions up there 2 of the 3 nights I stayed there which was annoying. The do not disturb doesn't mean anything to the hotel staff either, I kept getting random calls being put through to my room when I asked them not to be twice.... Elevators took FOREVER to get up to the rooms also.

Good things - there was a lot of security around the place, which was reassuring and in a very good location for restaurants and nightlife.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Athens, Greece
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Had recommend to us by our travel agent. Unfortunately not as we expected.Location was ok, but rooms not that good or clean.Usually best western hotel have better standards.I wouldn't recommend it for staying there

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Spiros D

Travellers are raving about these Mexico City hotels

Beersheba, Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I've ordered this hotel after getting some recommendations. Very central and clean.
I got room number 105, which was on the street, with all its noise.
Some groups who stayed there were very noisy.
The breakfast was poor.
Had problems with the hot water. At the morning we didn't have hot water at all and we got RUSTY water (see the picture i took). After asking the supervisor (Mr. Jose) to replace our room he told us that it's a well known Mexican problem .I doubt it.
It's was sad that the front desk workers didn't speak English at all.
Will not recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

So far so good! 4 more days to our stay, but the staff has been very nice & very helpful. Everyone seems to speak enough English that it helps suppliment our very limited Spanish. Within walking distance of the National Cathedral and the Templo Major, 7-11 4 blocks up is a convenient spot for getting bottled water as you can walk it pretty quickly. We haven't neede a taxi once since arriving from the airport and that was a big relief. The staff have a list of tours you can sign up for, our first is tomorrow, and most are very reasonably priced.

• Stayed September 2012
Bordeaux, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

Hotel is ok if you stay 1 night, rooms on the back are more quiet. Hotel need a refresh but area is safe and breakfast is decent. Water pressure for shower is an issue like in a lot of hotels in Mexico.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
San Jose, Costa Rica
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

On saturday the Sep 8th I checked-in aproximately at 11:30 pm. On monday I noticed that the Bedspread had a blood stain and it hadn't been washed. I took a picture of the bedspread, went to the Front Desk and asked the Recepcionist to ask the maid to change it. No apology was given to me. I even left the bedspread on the floor with the stain up front.
I went out the whole day and returned around 7pm, the rooms had already been cleaned. (I assumed the bedspread was changed)
Next day (Monday) I had a Seminar on the same hotel, I left at 9: 00 am and returned to the room at 7:30 pm. I removed the covers (the bedspread) and found out that the SAME BEDSPREAD WAS STILL ON MY BED WITH THE BLOOD STAIN. I inmediately went to the Front Desk, and asked to talk to the General Manager. I asked the Manager Ms. Mercedes Boullosa if she had an office where I could tell her my problem (I didn't want to do it at the Fron Desk since there were many people at the lobby), and she just said: Tell me Sir! I explained the problem, and she just turned to ask the Bell Boy to go to my room to change the bedspread. Again No apologies were given to me, and they didn't replace the bedspread nor changed the sheets.
Even though I had reservation until Sunday September 16th, I checked-out on Wed 12th.
On top of that, when I was checking-out I had to wait for 50 minutes at the Front Desk since I asked the Recepcionist for an Invoice under the company's name.
The Front Desk personnel and Ms. Boullosa just don't care about the guests.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank FW1019
Orleans, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

we had a week tour in Yucatan, this hotel was one of the best we had during this trip. It is a plaisant hotel, the rooms are nice but no windows outside (except few rooms on the front of the hotel), the rooms are around a patio on several floors. beds are good, the bathroom quite old but it was ok. The breakfast is very simple when there is no other groups, but it is a buffet when it is quite full. Except this hotel can be very noisy because people stop in the patio coming back from a walk in the city until 2 o'clock in the morning. There was a group of students, the were very noisy until midnight, not taking care they were in an hotel with other people. It seems that at the reception, they don't take care about such problem, we have to do ourselves the 'police'. The hotel is at 10 mins from the center of the city (cathedrale, town hall, center square where it is pleasant to stay because it is quite busy with singers, music etc. during the evening. there was a storm and the street was quite overflooded, impossible to cross the street because of the temporarly torrent, you have to cross without shoes (but there is a bookshop across the street to spend time when you are blocked on the other side of the street).

Room Tip: the rooms on the streets are larger and you will appreciate to have windows on the street (not too n...