“Far too expensive, max. 2 Star standard”
Review of Hotel Bristol

Hotel Bristol
Ranked #141 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We had to pay nearly 90 USD for a double without breakfast so we expected at least a 4 Star hotel! No way, this Hotel looks (and smells) like it hasn't seen any remodelation for the last 30 years. Dark hallways without any window, incredibly dusty aircon, walls as thin you can hear the snorring from both bedrooms next to you, and the worst: the mattrasses are so old, the steel-springs are torturing you the whole night through!!! There are by far better Hotels within this area for at least 20$ less including breakfst and internet! Oh, did I mention that they charge you extra for using the Internet?!? YES they do! So: if you get a Double for 50USD it might be OK, but every dollar more is waisting Money! Better check out the nearby Hotels...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 February 2011

In the heart of the Reforma near the Monument of the Angel. Rooms are fine; food in hotel is good; plenty of activity in area; area seems to be quite safe; price is right! What more could you ask for?

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank QueenBee0301
Reviewed 21 April 2010

I stayed at this hotel during three days, incluiding the weekend. I choose it mainly because of its location which turns out to be very good and convinient. The hotel is located just two blocks away of the American Embassy and 1 block from the British Embassy. Also, Reforma Av. is a short walk distance, so it's easy to access the most famous attractions of Mexico City within minutes.
The rooms are ok, cleanliness is provided everyday and there are courtesy hotel amenities such as bottle water.The only thing I didn'y like about my room was the absent view, 'cause I was given a 1st floor room, with a nice view to:... the parking lot....
In my case, the price included a continental breakfast at the hotel restaurant, even though it was simple, it fullfilled the porpouse for an early meal and the service from the waitress was nice.
A very recomendable hotel!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank anne_lune
Reviewed 2 June 2009

I won't stay anywhere else in Mexico City, ever! This is perhaps the best value in town. 2 blocks from Reforma and the American Embassy, close to public transportation, only a few miles away from the Zocalo and the Templo Mayor, you won't find a better hotel! The food was great, and the staff remembered me from my prior stays there (May and November of last year.) There are indeed some issues with their wireless connection but the desktops at the lobby are fast and efficient. The night staff always took great care of me, and the night phone operator, Eduardo, is fluent in English, French and German, and is extremely knowledgeable of the city and its surroundings. Don't look any further- stay at the Bristol!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2008

I stayed here for two weeks for business.

The service and food in the restaurant was way below standard for the prices, although I found the room service waiter very polite and attentive.

Every morning a housekeeper barged into my room wanting to know if I had any cleaning, without waiting for me to open the door myself. The person who cleaned my room more often than not took all of my items from where I had left them for my convenience and left them in different places. One day they re-arranged the way I had hung my clothes in the closet! Things that were clearly not rubbish were thrown away.

The walls in the room were paper thin, to the extent that one night I needed to telephone the guest next door and ask them to turn down their television so I could sleep. The beds were tiny, masquerading as doubles, but really only single beds. Also, mattresses about as comfortable as sleeping on the floor and no extra blankets provided.

They advertise wireless internet, but it there is a cost involved, and it is very unreliable which is not what I expect from a business hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank lozziep
Reviewed 11 April 2008

Let me start by saying I did NOT stay at this hotel. I was staying 1.5 blocks away at the Casa Gonzales, a budget hotel/pensione in the $60 range. Great cheap little restuarant acorss the plaza called El Mister.

However, my daughter and I did walk by the hotel (a beautiful little outdoor cafe area) and we were very impressed. As a matter of fact, my daughter asked why we weren't staying at the Hotel Bristol, which appeared to be more "together". Although Casa Gonzalez is quaint--nice floral courtyard--the rooms are very inconsistant and some have an incredible amount of black mould on the bathroom ceilings (and I am tolerant of mold in bathrooms, living in Florida and used to the problems of high humidity).

For the same price, during our next stay in Mexico City we will stay at the Hotel Bristol.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed 9 March 2007

The Hotel Bristol is definitely a good option for business executives, families or just anyone with a 50 dollar per night budget. My girlfriend and I stayed at the Bristol two nights on February 2007. The employees treated us very well, room service was fine, although one of the nights, it took them over half an hour to bring the meal up to the room, then the waiter tried to keep one dollar extra of our change claiming a "mistake"... But we reported this to the people at the front desk and they said they would talk to the waiter. I am almost sure that it was an isolated case, though, because other members of my family have stayed there and they never had a problem like that before. Everything else was great. They have a pretty good restaurant with plenty of Mexican dishes, and the service was excellent. It was a pleasant stay, except for that little detail with the room service waiter.

Stayed: February 2007