“Great Location!”
Review of Hotel Bristol

Hotel Bristol
Ranked #140 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 21 April 2010

I stayed at this hotel during three days, incluiding the weekend. I choose it mainly because of its location which turns out to be very good and convinient. The hotel is located just two blocks away of the American Embassy and 1 block from the British Embassy. Also, Reforma Av. is a short walk distance, so it's easy to access the most famous attractions of Mexico City within minutes.
The rooms are ok, cleanliness is provided everyday and there are courtesy hotel amenities such as bottle water.The only thing I didn'y like about my room was the absent view, 'cause I was given a 1st floor room, with a nice view to:... the parking lot....
In my case, the price included a continental breakfast at the hotel restaurant, even though it was simple, it fullfilled the porpouse for an early meal and the service from the waitress was nice.
A very recomendable hotel!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank anne_lune

Reviewed 2 June 2009

I won't stay anywhere else in Mexico City, ever! This is perhaps the best value in town. 2 blocks from Reforma and the American Embassy, close to public transportation, only a few miles away from the Zocalo and the Templo Mayor, you won't find a better hotel! The food was great, and the staff remembered me from my prior stays there (May and November of last year.) There are indeed some issues with their wireless connection but the desktops at the lobby are fast and efficient. The night staff always took great care of me, and the night phone operator, Eduardo, is fluent in English, French and German, and is extremely knowledgeable of the city and its surroundings. Don't look any further- stay at the Bristol!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2008

I stayed here for two weeks for business.

The service and food in the restaurant was way below standard for the prices, although I found the room service waiter very polite and attentive.

Every morning a housekeeper barged into my room wanting to know if I had any cleaning, without waiting for me to open the door myself. The person who cleaned my room more often than not took all of my items from where I had left them for my convenience and left them in different places. One day they re-arranged the way I had hung my clothes in the closet! Things that were clearly not rubbish were thrown away.

The walls in the room were paper thin, to the extent that one night I needed to telephone the guest next door and ask them to turn down their television so I could sleep. The beds were tiny, masquerading as doubles, but really only single beds. Also, mattresses about as comfortable as sleeping on the floor and no extra blankets provided.

They advertise wireless internet, but it there is a cost involved, and it is very unreliable which is not what I expect from a business hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank lozziep
Reviewed 11 April 2008

Let me start by saying I did NOT stay at this hotel. I was staying 1.5 blocks away at the Casa Gonzales, a budget hotel/pensione in the $60 range. Great cheap little restuarant acorss the plaza called El Mister.

However, my daughter and I did walk by the hotel (a beautiful little outdoor cafe area) and we were very impressed. As a matter of fact, my daughter asked why we weren't staying at the Hotel Bristol, which appeared to be more "together". Although Casa Gonzalez is quaint--nice floral courtyard--the rooms are very inconsistant and some have an incredible amount of black mould on the bathroom ceilings (and I am tolerant of mold in bathrooms, living in Florida and used to the problems of high humidity).

For the same price, during our next stay in Mexico City we will stay at the Hotel Bristol.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed 9 March 2007

The Hotel Bristol is definitely a good option for business executives, families or just anyone with a 50 dollar per night budget. My girlfriend and I stayed at the Bristol two nights on February 2007. The employees treated us very well, room service was fine, although one of the nights, it took them over half an hour to bring the meal up to the room, then the waiter tried to keep one dollar extra of our change claiming a "mistake"... But we reported this to the people at the front desk and they said they would talk to the waiter. I am almost sure that it was an isolated case, though, because other members of my family have stayed there and they never had a problem like that before. Everything else was great. They have a pretty good restaurant with plenty of Mexican dishes, and the service was excellent. It was a pleasant stay, except for that little detail with the room service waiter.

Stayed: February 2007
4  Thank ccalles
Reviewed 31 December 2006

Currently the TripAdvisor rating for this hotel is 34. That has to make it the most under-rated lodging in Mexico City. It is ultra clean, great rooms, terriffic food, a location that is very near the Zona Rosa without the hubbub and it is NOT expensive! And the service....it's just what I want in a hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful without that feeling of being hovered over because they think that's what their guests want. They are ready to arrange ANYTHING for you if you ask. And for me the "se habla Ingles" from everyone was very comforting, at the same time they were encouraging my feeble attempts at carrying on in Spanish. We were previous guests at the Casa Gonzalez just down the street which is another Trip Advisor favorite. We liked that place too and have nothing bad to say about it, but the more modern amenities of the Bristol almost made us glad we were kicked out of our previous favorite (well, unable to provide us with a room our final night in Mexico City because they were full, kicked out....almost same thing!!!). Bristol will be our first choice in the future.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
4  Thank philori
Reviewed 15 December 2006

This is definitely one of the most under rated hotels in Mexico City. It is very well located, two blocks from American Embassy and one block away from British Embassy. It is two blocks from the Mexican Stock Exchange and just across Reforma Avenue there is the Zona Rosa (chic neighborhood for lunch and gay and semi red light district by nights). Nevertheless the hotel is located at a very quiet and safe street. Rates are cheap and the services are good. The food is also very good. This is my first option every time I travel to Mexico City.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business