“Excellent choice”
Review of Emporio Reforma

Emporio Reforma
Ranked #25 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This was our first stay at the Emporio...we usually stay in the south part of DF. The hotel is a small and intimate. For a small charge we upgraded to a larger room with 2 beds which was more comfortable than the room we had originally booked. The staff was friendly, helpful, and courteous. The breakfast buffet was wonderful. The location on Reforma is convenient to Centro, Polanco, and Roma/Condessa. Very pleased with our stay...highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Emporio_Mexico_Hotel, General Manager at Emporio Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thanks a lot for your comments it´s very important for all staff to know your stay has been comfortable and pleasant.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Travelling from Brasil to Mexico for business purposes, I arrive really early in the mroning as a lot of people travelling from far away (5h30am). I arrived at 7am in the hotel and I asked if I could enter my room already booked to take a shower,in order to go to work straight away? Their answer was "I have to pay 1/2 day more". This is a very disappointing policy.
Beside this fact, the rest of the hotel is ok.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank larkov
Emporio_Mexico_Hotel, General Manager at Emporio Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

I really appreciate your feedback that very helpful for us. Usually, check in is 15:00 and check out 13:00, for this reason you need to pay a little difference if we have available. the best option is booking one night before, if you arrive early morning. .

We hope you come back soon at Mexico City in your home Hotel Emporio Reforma.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

From check in at 1:30 am to my check out two days later I had nothing but positive experiences with the Emporio. The staff were all friendly and very professional. I'm fluent in Spanish so I had no language difficulties at all but a friend who lives in DF and stayed with me doesn't speak Spanish and even the desk clerk that checked us in spoke some English.

I had a room with two matrimonial beds - both of which were comfortable. The room was large, comfortable and very clean. The flat screen TV was modern and provided a nice break to sit and watch a movie while chilling between excursions. Where the room really stood out was the bathroom. Everything in the bathroom looked brand new. The soaker tub with jets that work and the pull out lighted magnifying mirror were great touches but it was the double headed shower with excellent water pressure that really stood out. I lived in Mexico for 14 years and visit often and I must say, I had the best showers ever in Mexico at the Emporio.

The room service menu is varied and very reasonably priced as is the mini bar. Two bottles of water are provided in the room for no charge and there is also more water that will be billed if you use it.

The location so close to the intersections of Reforma and Insurgentes is excellent. It was a 200 peso taxi ride from the airport, a 200 peso taxi ride to Mexico Norte bus station, a block to the Insurgentes Metro Bus and a short (say 10 - 15 minute for me) walk down Refoma to Belles Artes. From there another short stroll took us through the centro historico to the Zocalo to see the Christmas lights and skating rink. Another much shorter walk on Reforma in the other direction will take you to El Ángel de la Independencia for a photo op if you're visiting for the first time.

This will be my go to place when travelling through DF in future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nan N
Emporio_Mexico_Hotel, Director General at Emporio Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Happy New Year¡¡¡¡¡¡

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Emporio is so very nice, I will recommend it to all my friends and family, very clean, Food was wonderful, and not expensive, and everyone is so very nice and professional. If you go to Mexico City don't stay any place else!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Emporio_Mexico_Hotel, General Manager at Emporio Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

We really appreciate your comments and it is a pleasure for us to know your stay was comfortable and nice. Everytime, we try to continue with the same service and quality. One more time thank you very much.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I really wonder how many stars this hotel has, as it was one of the recommended hotels i got from a list of 5. It said 5 stars but i dont believe it. It is clean but the hotel seems to be a bit old. The rooms are small but comfortable. One thing that really pissed me off was the fact that the staff didnt speak any english at all, so if you're not familiar with spanish, i would suggest you pick another hotel. But to compensate that, they were very friendly, although i found they service bad (but it could be because of the language gap). Breakfast was good, buffet with a huge variety of mexican food, and it also had a la carte international especialities. Didnt try the restaurant. It is very well located and in a safe area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Emporio_Mexico_Hotel, General Manager at Emporio Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

We sincerely appreciate your taking time to provide your comments; it is helpful for us to know your experience in the Hotel. Your feedback is very important, because the staff need to speak English all the time, sorry for the inconvenience.

We hope you come back soon at Mexico City in your home Hotel Emporio Reforma

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stay here for 5 days. The hotel its well located on reforma ave. Our room was in the 3th floor with view to the street, the room was nice and big, the bathroom was really nice with separated shower and huge tube (which my daughter enjoy some nights). Every day they put 2 bottles of water in our room without cost. The staff was really helpful and try to do the best. The restaurant was nice, we ate breakfast almost every day in there, if you don't like the buffet they have a la cart menu.
It was our first time in this hotel and we have a nice expirence.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thanks a lot for your comments it´s very important for all staff to know your stay has been pleasant and comfortable.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Café free the first day in room then you pay. Restaurant is mediocre. Suggest going to another restaurant if time permits. Room was very small and difficult to move around due to its size. You receive one free bottle of water per day.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Emporio_Mexico_Hotel, General Manager at Emporio Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Unfortunately your experience sounds bad. Thanks for your feedback, everyone will try to service and offers the best that we can. The Hotel has different kind of rooms and views. The Restaurant is Mexican food a buffet, if you could send me more information please write email to mexico.gerentereserv@hotelesemporio.com

Thanks a lot.