“MAGNIFICENT”

Courtyard Mexico City Revolucion
Ranked #74 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I lodged in this hotel mid-November 2012. Although far from the main airport with heavy traffic, one can easily get affordable taxi from the airport. It is better to get one at the taxi stands in the airport where you get a good bargain or else fraudsters will capitalise on your ignorance. The hotel is an excellent one with friendly and helpful staff. Check in was seamless and the room was magnificent - very clean with all facilities in perfect condition. The room service was perfect and breakfast was very tasty. The fitness centre was very good with standard facilities. Many of the staff can also communicate in English which was good for me. I love this hotel and hope to return one day.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
UWCR005, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Mexico City Revolucion, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Dear Guest:

For us it is very important to know about your stay in our hotel, we are very pleased satisfying to know that our facilities and could enjoy them.

We appreciate your comments and hope infinitely greet here soon.

Have a great day.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Quite a tower, this place.
It has all the facilities, is clean and in good proximity to the main roads.
However, it is a bit dark and styled in the early 80s.
Good to stay, but not to spend all the leisure time there.
There is no complaints, just it does not make me come back.

Room Tip: Rear side, away from road
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
UWCR005, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Mexico City Revolucion, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Dear Guest:

It gives us great pleasure to have received your kind preference are very important to us feedback about our facilities, and all suggestions will romadas in mind though I tell him that the hotel is constantly looking to remodel the facilities are as more new and exciting for you.

I hope that happens soon nice day.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

The good thing about this hotel is that they have super comfortable beds and it's an easy walk to the metro station to go exploring in other places of DF.

The room I stayed in was a little bit small and was slightly annoying NOT to have an extra mirror in the main bedroom area of the room. There were 4 of us girls sharing a room and the "vanity area" outside the bathroom was not big enough for all of us to share.

The one pet peeve that I have about the hotel is that they don't let you enter the hotel with food or drinks bought from the outside. Apparently you can take the food directly to your room without problems but everytime I saw someone walking in with a coffee that they bought from the nearby OXXO or other place, the security guard would tell them they had to throw it away or drink it outside.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank rei25

Dear Guest:

We are very pleased to have your kind preference, as you said the room for four can be insufisiente and 4 women when we all know that the basics are the mirrors but will take into account your suggestions.
Look forward to your company for future stays and to serve you as you deserve.
Nice day.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Most of the staff I've met spoke a bit of english. I got a room on the 8th floor which helps for the noise. The bathroom was quite small & in need for renovation. The water tap was middle eage's and the sides of the bath needed an upgrade...
Room itself was fine and all the features worked fine.
The staff was friendly and helpful to arrange a taxi. They arranged the payment so I didn't have to worry which taxi to take neither to get mexican pesos. Getting a 'safe" taxi is advisable. When arriving at mexico airport, best arrange the taxi just after exiting the luggage pickup. You pay & get a ticket which shows a number. With this ticket you get into an 'authorized' taxi. You can pay with credit card.
Radisson is located on a area which is not super safe at night.

Room Tip: high level rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
UWCR005, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Mexico City Revolucion, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your preference and the kind comments we send you please, I tell him that the hotel suffered 3 remodeling and the last was two years ago and that at all times try to qe our facilities are operating in good condition, but we following up to ensure your complete satisfaction we hope you consider us in another time and give you the service you deserve.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

I was booked in this hotel and was fortunate to get the 9th floor - the Business Class floor. It had king size beds, a business center with beverages, special breakfast zone, a bar for your personal needs, The hotel is not in a great neighborhood, but the staff watched the doors and were helpful getting cabs and transportation. The underground garage was open to my hosts - to pick me up and drop off the car to meet with me. The lobby is a bit dated, but with 2 TV's hosting the NFL draft and a bar with the ability to get a beer ( 40 pesos). The in room food menu was great but I could not figure out the codes to put in the phone to order specific meals - but that was not a concern for me. Shower was amble and quick warm. The bathroom included many amenities - shampoo, lotion, shoe shine, etc. Separate doors for putting clothes away. Iron included. The TV had many stations including a CNN in English. .Wifi worked well.

Room Tip: Floor 9 was best choice.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank KerryZ35
UWCR005, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Mexico City Revolucion, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Guest:

We are pleased to pass a good time at our hotel, and has enjoyed all the services we can offer you in it. We also have free sauna service which we hope to enjoy another visit.

Thank you very much for your comments and we hope soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed with some colleages from work. Local colleagues used a third party site to book the rooms, but when we showed up the couldn't link the reservation number we had with a room. We had to leave for some meeting, but when we returned, Silvia Benitez (and her team) were able to figure out a solution and take care of us. Turned a potential bad situation into a great experience. Thank you.

the rooms we had were great and roomy. they were called Master suites and had two bedrooms and a living room.

the bar and bartender were great and we had a fun time having a few beers before retiring to bed.

Room Tip: Master Suite 12 is awesome.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
UWCR005, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Mexico City Revolucion, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your comments, we are pleased to have him serve as the you deserve.

We look forward to your preference on subsequent visits to the city.

That takes great day.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Nobody on this staff can give good service and nobody cares about it! TWO Days in a row the restaurant made the SAME MISTAKE on my food order (a club sandwich WITHOUT lettuce or Tomatoes) and BOTH times (room service and in the restaurant) they left it on. After filling out the comment card, the front desk called to find to find out what was wrong (which would have increased this review score, if not for what came next) and said they'd call me back. THEY NEVER DID!!! AN HOUR later, someone came up with a fruit tray that I NEVER ORDERED. I explained to him that the front desk needs to call me about the restaurant AND that the A/C has been broken for 2 days (had already complained about this, but no use there either). An hour later, I call down AGAIN and they never got the message from the fruit tray person.

Eventually they sent maintenance up again to look at the A/C, he said that to get it below 25C in the room, you have to set the "cool to" temp to 13C (and not the 20C I was aiming for). But it spent my first day in the room set at 13C and it made no difference, the room was still heated instead of cooled.

I realize that I'm in a hotel in Mexico, but when a guest is complaining in English, it is not a sign of good customer service to not at least send someone along who speaks English so that the person on staff can communicate with the guest. Combined with the rest of the reasons I REALLY dislike this hotel, I'd not stick around the rest of the week if it weren't right across the street from where I needed to be. :(

The local people from work advised me to not go outside after dark, and the hotel staff didn't disagree with that assessment.

MAJOR THUMBS DOWN!!!!!

Room Tip: Find another hotel!!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
UWCR005, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Courtyard Mexico City Revolucion, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear Guest:
We appreciate you for taking the time to let us to know about your concerns.
We talked personally whit you during your stay. We apologize on behalf of our entire staff here at Radisson flamingos for the problems you encountered. In Radisson our promise is 100% Guest satisfaction guarantee. Our standard procedures in this event have filed an invocation Guarantee form in order to give you in complementary your food consumptions. Once again please do accept our apologies. If you give us the opportunity we hope to serve you in the future.
We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations.