“great place to stay”

Ranked #66 of 307 Hotels in Mexico City
Valsad, India
“great place to stay”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

very well maintained property. breakfast and restaurant is great and ideally located with a few mexican eateries around. great business hotel. staff guides perfectly to safe and reliable places to eat and drink. though internet quality is questionable.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
UWCR005, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Mexico City Revolucion, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Guest:

On behalf of the Radisson Hotel Flamingos we thank you for your kind comments, we truly are delighted that your stay with us is pleasant result that our services have been satisfactory.

For us it was a pleasure to assist you.

Have a great weekend and look forward to greeting you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 30 September 2013

First time staying at this Radisson hotel in Mexico City, selected based on location of a business meeting and poor experiences in other hotels in the area.
The hotel is located on a big main avenue in the central/south part of Mexico city but with easy and fast access to the WTC area. Had a reservation for a regular room but at booking was offered the option to be upgraded to the Club class and it was confirmed at check it. The club rooms are in the top floors and breakfast is offered in 2 locations. In the business club, they offer american breakfast and on the main restaurant a buffet. The buffet is fantastic, several mexican and american options with a chef preparing fresh on-demand plates (the fresh-prepared quesadillas were amazing).
The business club remains open with snacks and drinks during the day.
Overall is a nice hotel in a really good location to easily access certain areas in the city.

Room Tip: If you don't have a "club" room already book, ask at check in if there is any availabl...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
UWCR005, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Mexico City Revolucion, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
On behalf of the Radisson Hotel Flamingos, we thank you for your kind comments, it is very satisfactory to us that your stay is pleasant result which is our main purpose so that we can provide a quality service.
We look forward to your kind preference upcoming trips.
Orlando, Fl
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This hotel is part of Club Carlson. It is quite the gem on this less notable side of town called Tacubaya. At first impression the neighborhood might scare you away but once inside that will all disappear. Read on. We were greeted by Daniel the bellhop and checked in immediately. The lobby is spacious and has a very nice separate lounge and bar area. On the walls are proudly displayed awards of excellence won by hotel and staff. Our room had a king size bed, very comfortable. Modern amenities; flat screen, free wifi, coffee maker, safe, lotions, blowdryer, iron, etc. My husband here on business was pleased with the desk, chair, lamp and many outlets. The bed table has outlets. Im told by staff that Business Suites have a mini fridge (frigobar). However, room service is happy to provide an ice bucket (yelera) at your request even daily. The bathroom has tub, toilet and small bench with door then closet, mirror and sink is outside bath. Its a bit tight in the bath area so you can not get dressed with much room. Staff is Courteous, welcoming, friendly and ready to fulfill your special needs whenever possible. I ordered room service daily and best time for prompt service is before 6:30pm. Only one evening did dinner arrive cold and they went Out of there way to make it right. Mgmnt assured us the bill would be credited and extended profuse apologies as did the server who retrieved the dinner from our room. I have traveled 5 times to Mexico and have stayed elsewhere but I must say the personal attention here gets my thumbs up. My tip is give this affordable luxury a try. The area is modest working class and Mexicos crime is aimed at touriss so be travel savvy and take hotel taxis to areas of interest. The hotel is more than happy to pick you up and bring you back. There is a free service to the local Metropolis mall nearby. There is a GYM by the way on yhe 2nd floor and the Breakfast buffet included with our stay is Immense!! Omelettes made to order and fresh squeezed juices. Every fruit, cereal and pastry imaginable. The atrium on the Mezzanine is relaxing and beautiful. Security roams with a low key presence. See my review on the Zoo, Metropolis mall and Italiannis restaurant all get good reviews.

Room Tip: Rooms on high floor facing away from street are comfy and quiet. Room 812 was perfect. King size.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TravLin93
UWCR005, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Mexico City Revolucion, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Dear Guest:

On behalf of the Radisson Hotel Flamingos we thank you for your kind comments, we complase much enjoyed your stay with us, because that is our main goal, to have the adequate facilities and staff to make your stay something special.

We look forward to reuniting with their preference and to thank them personally.

Have a great day
Coatzacoalcos, Mexico
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I just came back from a two night stay at Radisson Flamingo Hotel , its had been some time since i was there last time and i found the hotel in perfect shape , very well kept , clean and most important the personel has improved or changed into a much warmer and friendlier that they used to be in prevoius trips .
another nice experience was the executive lounge they have was quite nice and the staff there were the best i can remember to make sure every thing was fine for me .
they even provided me with drinks and breakfast courtesy cupons and sent fancy desserts in the evening to my suit .
this nice modern hotel is in aVery unatractive neighborhood just south of the central part of the city but its very well comunicated even with the Mexico City intl. aiport , downtown , polanco and santa fe areas . as well as the world trade center and san angel .
its hidden and hard to find inside the hotel but the restaurant its really attractive , niclely arranged and one mourning i tasted the buffett and was quiet tasty .

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TonyCardenas
UWCR005, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Mexico City Revolucion, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Dear Guest:

For us it is very nice to know that your stay turns out to be satisfactory, as you said you are near many points of interest for people visiting the Federal District either walk or business. As well as the hotel cares about maintaining the factory in perfect condition for your convenience, we reiterate our thanks and we hope soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I like very much the hotel, the food at the restaurant and at the event was great, the rooms are clean and in general you have all that is offered by the price. Except that during all my time there the GYM was in remodelation, then no GYM.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
UWCR005, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Mexico City Revolucion, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Dear Guest:

On behalf of the Radisson Hotel Flamingos we thank you for your kind comments, for us is very pleasant to know that your stay was enjoyable.
As you said our Gym is being remodeled, but is to improve the facilities and you can enjoy better service inside.
Thank you once more for your kind preference and to provide all services including gym.

Livermore, CA
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Hi everyone,

I know that I have a lot of followers out there who will immediately recognize that this is NOT my usual post. As you all know, I try to ALWAYS be incredibly balanced and fair and that will certainly still be the case here. It is my goal to provide everyone with the best possible "true" review of a hotel as possible. That said, I have a sort of unspoken policy to never review a hotel that is given to me complimentary. Well folks, it was bound to happen sometime, and I'm sorry to say that this place is just SO bad, that it has to be the one to break the tradition.

For those that don't like to read long reviews I have summarized it for you in the title. Skip this hotel and you can do MUCH better.

You know I love giving great reviews and I do my best to put the hotel in the best light possible and to see things from both sides. Sadly - this is not a good hotel. If you read no further then for your own sanity, and health I beg you - avoid this hotel!

Now for the rest:

On this 5 day trip I was traveling with a group of 21 young swimmers and their families. Having set up our reservations and confirmed early check-in I figured we would be good to go upon arrival. Well - No. The check-in process was grueling. We had sent ahead a list of which children were to be in which rooms. The hotel did not put the kids in the rooms we asked. In fact we had kids and parents on different floors. As a result, the check-in process took well over an hour with a bunch of very tired and hungry kids wondering why they couldn't just go put their things in their rooms. However, the staff did accommodate and we all got rooms on the same floor.

Next it was time for breakfast. When we made the reservations we were told that breakfast was included. However when we went to eat we were told that breakfast would not be free for that day. Okay - no big deal, we can pay for one day. The waitress gave me vouchers for each room which I was completing when she came over and took one of the voucers out of my hand and pointed to the line that says, "tip" and said rather rudely, "TIP - you must leave a tip!" To which I looked up at her and said in Spanish, "No mam, I do not need to leave a tip. I was going to put one on the table, but I assure you that the amount I will leave has now gone down."

The first night was not great. In my own room the shower drain did not function. I called for maintenance and it never came. I cleaned the drain myself and it functioned just fine there after. I quickly started hearing complaints from others on our trip. Two rooms had non functioning room safes, one had non functioning hair dryer, one had strange stains on the mattress and the entire room smelled like something had died underneath the bed. Maintenance was called for all these issues and never showed for anyone. Keep in mind that of our nine rooms, there was only one that I would consider to have been "trouble free." - that was to change, but I digress.

The bed was not great, but not horrible. I've seen worse. The bed was very stiff and somewhat uncomfortable. As tired as I was I was finding it hard to sleep, but nothing a little Advil PM couldn't solve.

The next morning I mentioned these problems to the front desk staff and was told we would be comped our breakfast from the prior day. We left for the day to our international swimming competition. Upon returning later that night we were all exhausted from swimming at altitude and just wanted to go to bed. Keep in mind our team ranges from 7 years old all the way to 16. These kids were exhausted. They took the elevators to their rooms and none of the room keys worked. I got called to the front desk where I was told we needed to pay for the breakfast. When I told them that they agreed to comp us the breakfast, the person denied ever saying this (I have a photo which I will gladly share with anyone interested). He did not allow our swimmers to get to bed. Instead he and his manager argued with me for nearly 90 minutes at which time he admitted that he lied and that, YES, he did in fact say that but did not have the authority to do so. His manager finally agreed to comp the breakfasts. But then said that we did not pay for the rooms yet.

I pointed out that we gave my credit card early in the morning and had paid. He said they only took it for an imprint. As I am familiar with this I thought it was a common misunderstanding so I told him to please go ahead and pay for the rooms with the card. He did so and our room keys were reactivated. The kids finally got to their rooms for some sleep WAY after they should have and it DID affect their performance. The staff was just plain RUDE folks.

Now seriously I am NOT the type of person to just put down a hotel for a couple of issues. And yes, it is possible that I may have had a single bad experience, but that's not the case here. As most of you who follow me know, I always try to revisit hotels and places where I travel frequently especially when I have given them a bad review in the past. You may remember that I reviewed this particular Radisson 7 years ago and there were some minor issues then. I decided to revisit to see if they had improved. I am sad to say, it has gotten much, much, much worse. I do not say this lightly but in all seriousness - ignore the other posts and AVOID, AVOID, AVOID! Skip this hotel and you WILL thank me later!

For those that want the rest, keep reading, it gets much worse.

The group woke up the next day and guess what - I discover that I have bed bug bites all over me. Sadly, I was not the only one! Two other rooms also had kids covered in bites. I went to the front desk to show my bites to the staff, but instead I was nearly assaulted by the front desk staff. They again insisted that I MUST pay for breakfast. I told them that given the service of the hotel, I had absolutely no intention of doing so. The "discussion" got rather heated on the hotel side. I attempted to maintain my cool, but I did attempt to grab the receipts out of the hands of the manager Ignacio who had told me he would rip them up and did not. After yet another full hour of debate the hotel again agreed to comp breakfast. I never did show my bites because we had to leave for the next day of competition.

When we returned it was again late and again the room keys did not work. Ignacio said he would send maintenance to fix the lock - on EVERY ROOM!? He also informed me that we would have to pay for breakfast. Again the kids got to bed late, again they agreed to comp it but would need to check with the hotel "owner".

As the story is long I'm going to skip the wash rise and repeat of the insulting and horrible service and sum it up like this.

EVERY night, the room keys failed to work. The hotel final decided that the breakfast was free on the third day and I kept checking each day just to be sure. When I showed my bed bug bites the staff acknowledged that yes, in fact they DO have bed bugs - and smiled as if to say "oh well, nothing we can do about that." Not a sorry, not a would you like another room, or we will discount your stay? Just a smile, and "Yes, we know about the problem." - Really!, Really!?

One of the reasons I still gave the hotel a 3 star rating last time was because of the nice pool. It is now gone. They have filled it with lights on the Mezzanine which, although the hotel was nearly full, no one used for the entire say. When I asked why they filled the pool they simply shrugged their shoulders. There was a billiards table and a Foosball table as the ONLY two sources of entertainment for the Entire Hotel. That's no longer three stars guys. I seriously know some really nice two stars that have better service and more to do than this Radisson. That is why I debated for three days and finally decided that I HAD to drop this once decent hotel to a two star rating.

The rooms themselves are not bad, I mean they do look okay (except for the one with the dead thing in the mattress). The facility itself is large and nice. It's mostly the poor service. And a word about that too. Some of those staff members are AWESOME and very, very nice. But if you have ANY issues - forget about it. The management of this hotel should be replaced and I intend to write a letter directly to Radisson corprate telling them so. This hotel was on the decline seven years ago and it is sad to see that it has finally fallen. I'll try it again in a year or two and hopefully it will have improved again to it's three star rating.

Oh - one last thing. As I was checking out I again confirmed with the staff about the breakfast. It turned out they were now trying to charge it to the host of the international swimming competition that sponsored our stay. That was simply not acceptable to me. I paid for the breakfast.

I do hope that after reading this you will reconsider staying at this hotel.

Simply put - You should not stay here.

-Traveling Kurt

Room Tip: SKIP IT - Staff acknowledges bed bugs are present and there was a cockroach in the food and on the f...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank TravelingKurt
UWCR005, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Mexico City Revolucion, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Estimado Cliente:

Nos apenan mucho los comentarios tan desafortunados que tiene para nuestro Hotel, cuando todo lo que hicimos fue tratar de que su estancia resultara agradable para usted y sus acompañantes como por ejemplo su entrada al Hotel que era el día 4 de Abril a las 15:00 Hrs. , Al llegar a las 5:30 a.m. se le asignaron sus habitaciones (nueve) en ese momento.

Al igual que la facilidad que se le dio para que usted no compartiera su habitación con el Sr. Vázquez, como era la indicación del club Casablanca en donde se llevarían a cabo las competencias de Natación motivo de su visita , y que eran los encargados de cubrir el pago de tres de las nueve habitaciones que usted tomaría, el Hotel realizó las gestiones para que el Club pagara otra habitación para su mayor comodidad y no tuviera que compartir habitación .

Ya una vez entregadas las habitaciones mi compañero procedió a darles la información de que tenía incluido en la tarifa que le correspondían al día siguiente de su llegada y no el mismo día.

En cuanto a los insectos que comenta reporto y nadie hizo nada , en el momento que llegó su comentario subimos a verificar la habitación sin encontrar evidencia de estos insectos de los que hace mención , ya que no hay ningún reporte levantado por usted en el Hotel.

Debido a su insistencia en que se le dieran los 16 desayunos del día y sin cargo Casablanca le ofreció pagarle 8 de ellos pero usted no aceptó quería los 16 desayunos en cortesía.

Sentimos mucho que la molestia por el pago que tuvo que hacer de los desayunos nos acarree esta serie de desagradables comentarios.

Reciba un cordial saludo.
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I lodged in this hotel mid-November 2012. Although far from the main airport with heavy traffic, one can easily get affordable taxi from the airport. It is better to get one at the taxi stands in the airport where you get a good bargain or else fraudsters will capitalise on your ignorance. The hotel is an excellent one with friendly and helpful staff. Check in was seamless and the room was magnificent - very clean with all facilities in perfect condition. The room service was perfect and breakfast was very tasty. The fitness centre was very good with standard facilities. Many of the staff can also communicate in English which was good for me. I love this hotel and hope to return one day.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
UWCR005, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Mexico City Revolucion, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Dear Guest:

For us it is very important to know about your stay in our hotel, we are very pleased satisfying to know that our facilities and could enjoy them.

We appreciate your comments and hope infinitely greet here soon.