“Good all round hotel except for the poor wifi”
Review of Hotel PF

Hotel PF
Ranked #65 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 5 October 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The hotel is situated within 10 mins walk to the Angel of Independence and also very close to Zona Rosa, the gay and red light district in Mexico City. You have to catch a taxi to the main business and shopping centre (downtown)  as walking will take you at least 45 minutes. Taxis are very cheap in Mexico so we think it is better to stay away from downtown. If you walk within a 2 km radius of the hotel there are lots to see. There are also lots of Korean restaurants in the area.
The staff are very friendly and the room is clean. There is also a safe in the hotel.
Whilst they have free wifi, the network is extremely bad and keeps dropping out. This is a huge minus.

Tip: The name of the hotel is HP Fiorencia. It can be misleading when you first arrive there and cannot find the hotel

• Stayed: September 2011

Reviewed 11 July 2011

I stayed here while on business. I was given a room without a safe, so I hid my cash deep in a suitcase. I've done this many times at hostels in South America, because I don't like to carry large sums of money on my person (I've seen some purse snatchings and pick-pockets). I returned that afternoon, decided to change and couldn't find a tank top that I had packed. So I then panicked, thinking that someone must have searched through my things. The money was all gone, as well as the tank top (weird) and my birth control pills (weirder). I figured she thought they were better drugs. Thankfully, the manager was apologetic and reimbursed me for nearly all of what was missing. He said that he fired the maid, as well. I really liked the front desk staff. They really made things a lot better.

I guess I am too trusting. I don't think this is something that would generally happen in the U.S., but Mexico City is a whole new ballgame. Otherwise, it was an alright place. Zona Rosa is definitely a gayborhood, which didn't bother me, but I'm not gay, so it wasn't really my scene either. It also started to seem like it got kind of sketchy after 11pm, but I think that's all of Mexico City. There were some loud people across the hall from me, but I was kind of sick of complaining. The bed was also a bit firm. The sheets were kind of rough. I guess that's why the room rate was so low.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank ColleenTDwyer
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I stayed here for a few days while vacationing in Mexico City with my partner. We booked through a third-party site. The location is great, with lots of shopping, food, and things to do walking distance from the hotel. It is also a couple blocks from Paseo de la Reforma and a few blocks from a metro station.

The service was decent and friendly. We used the hotel's taxi service a couple times, which is much more expensive then using regular taxis, but felt more secure and the driver would always make sure we got to where we needed to be. In the end, we decided it was better to take a chance and just get a taxi from the street.

The breakfast in the hotel was okay and somewhat cheap, but the service was slow. We actually found cheaper, better food with quicker service throughout the neighborhood. The room was comfortable enough for what we needed, however, it seems that during the middle of the day, the air conditioning would stop working. We didn't know if it was shut off on purpose to save electricity or if it was just being overused.

Overall, it was a decent hotel for the price we paid, you pretty much get what you pay for.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sirgious
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I stayed at this hotel 3 days and it is centrally located en la zona rosa..the area has a lot of options..restaurants, galleries, bars, clubs, shopping and its close to the most beautiful avenue in Mexico...you can easily walk around and is pretty safe...the hotel was vvery clean and confortable even when the bed was a little hard..the staff was very helpful and friendly..the price was right..but get it online.. I will def stay there again on my next visit to Mexico City.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 14 July 2012

We will always be welcome here! We are proud to hear your sincere words about us! Of course this area has a lot of close alternatives from the HPF where you can visit with out incidents. It´s great to know that you had a comfortable stayed and we have acomplished with the expectative. Thank you again foy shareing your experience!

Reviewed 23 June 2011

I stayed from June 17th - June 20th. Very easy check in. Friendly staff. The bellman was very helpful. We had four rooms. Always clean, and no complains about this hotel. It is in the middle of Zona Rosa, walking distance to every night club and place I wanted to visit. I would stay here again in Oct.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank zaidlecenum
Reviewed 22 May 2011

The location is good for night life and good food, as the hotel is located in Zona Rosa. It's also close to the subway station so you can easily travel to the old center. The rooms are average. Our only problem was that there were activated wake up calls in the room next door which went off at 4 A M and woke us up. The breakfast room was in the cellar and was a dissappointment - so was the breakfast in it self. Not much to choose from and the quality of the food there was nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank EllenChr
Management response:Responded 14 July 2012

Thank you for giving us your comments about your stay, it´s very important to know all the complains and the suggest to improve our services. We are happy to know that you had a good experience in the different places around the area. Do not hesitate to contact us in your following visit at Mexico City.

Reviewed 8 April 2011

The old Zona Rosa is slowly coming back to life, and Plaza Florencia is in the middle of it. It sits 2 blocks to the main Reforma Avenue, surrounded by food & taxis & gyms & spas & small shops, with malls & the US & Brit embassies a few blocks walking. Free WiFi in the rooms & lobby.

Best hotel and service for the price in the entire city. The area is safe. I totally recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank HollywoodGuyDC
Management response:Responded 14 July 2012

Thank you to recommend our hotel. It´s very nice to listen that we have acomplished with the expectative. It´s very importan to mention that this area is safer. For us all the points mentioned are important. Thank you tho share with the all community.