“It's all about location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Segovia Regency

Segovia Regency
Ranked #93 of 306 Hotels in Mexico City
Queretaro City, Mexico
“It's all about location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I have been in this hotel a couple of times and it is now my place to stay whenever I go to Mexico City.
Most of the time I go for fun, and it is just located in the middle of it.
Just behinf the Zona Rosa, you are steps away from the most exciting area in Mexico City.
It is located half block form Insirgentes Subway station which make it very accesible by any mean.
I usually leave my car in the parking lot and use the public transportation.
The hotel is very comfortable. Well-sized rooms.
Price is low. Clean hotel.
You get a very good service for a low price room.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room not facing the street, it would be kind of noisy.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Korean first
Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

I chose this hotel for its location and price. I could not make the reservation from the hotel website so I called and made a phone reservation three weeks prior to my trip. I was given a reservation code. Just to make sure everything was ok I called the day before to confirm the reservation and I was assure everything was ok. Next day I flew to Mexico city and arrived at 8PM (instead of 1PM)because my flight got delayed and I missed my connection. When I got to the hotel, the desk clerk told me the room was given to someone else because I didn't show up by 2PM. I was never asked about my arrival time, I was never informed that arriving late meant losing the reservation (not even the day before when I called) and what bothered me most was the attitude of the clerk. The way he told us, that they were full, the room was given away and it was not his problem if me and my family were late night in a foreign city with nowhere to stay. No apologies or nothing. -It's your problem, find another place to stay. My wife was starting to panic. Thank god for the cab driver who was very helpful, made some calls and helped us book another hotel a few blocks from there.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Mauricio M
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

I have stayed on this Hotel for the third time. I went in the year 92, 97 and now this year. This hotel always meets my expectations and all necessities. Is near Reforma which is the main street of Mexico. Also you have the subway 1 block away. The location is secure too as it is in front on the Zona Rosa.
The rooms as always are clean and basic for what you need as tourist. You don't need a luxurious hotel if you are spending the whole day outside meeting the city.
The personnel are nice a very helpful. The restaurant and room services meet my expectations as always.
All in all, I will continue staying in this Hotel when I come to Mexico.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

The hotel is across the Avenue from the Zona Rosa. It looks respectable from the outside and has both interior and exterior rooms. There is a restaurant and a business cenet. There are single double and triple rooms. You can request a lock from the reception to secure a lock-box in the room. Beds are hard, as are the pillows. There is no heat or air conditioning, but in Mexico city you rarely need those. There is an ice machine on each floor and filtered water in each room. The reception will arrange airport transporation if you want. Visitors are allowed. The best things about this hotel are the location and the price.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank anderson80067
Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

This hotel is ideal for its location. It is centrally located at the city centre. It is an ideal business hotel for the budgeted business traveller. There is free parking for travellers with a vehicle. At restaurant Segovia, you can tickle your taste buds with delicious mexican food and also continental food. The Lobby bar is a great place to unwind after a hard days work. The staff is warm, friendly, hospitable and polite. You are provided with services more than expected. The rooms are neat clean and tidy. I faced no problem whatsoever. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank atishay78
rio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

The hotel is very Spartan when it comes to luxury, but clean. Don`t expect much about the surroundings if you are a tourist, no nice vista is available, but on the other hand, there are plenty of options to have dinner at walking distance. You need to be tall to reach the air conditioning because it is a trap door located on the ceiling.

Room Tip: ask for a room where the trap door for the air conditioning is above the bed if you are less than 1...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ricardo c
Sonora, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

very nice, clean cheap fancy , near to pink zone, safe, wooooow
bonito barato limpio cerca de todo seguro wooow

este lugar es perfecto, me encanto, es muy elegante, buen servicio, alrdedor hay mucha policia l,o recomiendo totalmente

Room Tip: room in 2d floor segundo piso
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple