“Good location, very comfortable”
Review of Sevilla Palace

Sevilla Palace
Ranked #61 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 6 August 2013

If you come here on business plans this is exactly
What you need. Very comfortable, clean, and they can get you a cab you can trust your life on (at a price I may add). If you want to come to Mexico laughing about all the paranoid warnings other people may have, then this is the hotel you want. You won't see anything suspicious around, you can get decent food at walking distance, and you get the "we all mind our own business" vibe every business traveler needs.
If you come on vacations though, location might not be as fulfilling. Food at the hotel isn't precisely cheap, so staying at the hotel for your meals might be too pricey for you. If you want to walk around getting to know your neighborhood you should look for a hotel in Zona Rosa.
So.. If you want a 2-3 day hotel where you can feel safe and comfortable, this is it.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tchrix

Reviewed 16 July 2013

This stay was a gift and was prepaid so had I had the opportunity to leave the place, I would've.
The place is old, needs to be renovated. Our AC did not work for 3 days so after multiple calls we received a dirty, old fan that we never used. Upon our arrival, I asked about a security box. Such box did not work either and it also took 2 days to get someone here to fix it. The carpet is filthy, our socks were completely black after walking on the carpet for 10 minutes. We returned 2 towels for obvious and dubious red and black stains. The food was pretty expensive which is to be expected ina hotel but also pretty bad so we walked around the corner to Sanborns or Vips and had a lovely breakfast each day. What surprised me most was the run around with the front desk & the multiple calls and pleas whenever we had an issue (AC, security box, incorrect laundry price) and instead of fixing the problem they would make us feel incompetent like we had no idea what we were doing. We extended our stay in Mexico for 3 additional nights and changed to another hotel. There are many options in Reforma with better service/instalations and at similar prices. I would not go back.

Room Tip: Be prepared to hear the piano all night long even if you're trying to sleep. The piano bar can b...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Diana M
Reviewed 12 June 2013

we have stayed 4nights at this hotel, for leasure. Its not great but not bad hotel at all. Quite good location in financial district of Mexico city.its about 10min by walk to nearest metrostation. The roof top pool and bar its bit old and bar was not working, but honnestly I can not imagine myself going there for swim or rela in "jacuzzy", rooms are OK, if you like soft bed, you will be in heawen.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MartinLV
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I stayed at the Sevilla Palace for 3 nights to attend the SAP Forum event, and I must say that my whole stay was really good.

Let me start with the convenient location on Reforma Ave., close to almost everything if you are on a bussiness trip, the area feels very secure so no problem there.

Service was very good, a little bit slow on the check in/check out process. Building isn´t new but is very well kept and clean. They offer decent wifi internet access, there is taxi service by the hotel at reasonable prices.

On the top side, room service was a nice surprise, fast service and the food is really good. I tried mostly dinner and lunch, couldnt try breakfast.

Will stay again for future trips.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I travel often to Mexico City. Was the first time I tried the Sevilla Palace. It is as good as major international chains of hotels. The bathroom is designed with a separated shower, separated toilets... There is no minibar in the room, otherwise it has the level of some 5 star hotels. Surprisingly, for the period I booked it, the price was lower than other equivalent hotels on Reforma, or out on the central area. The location is obviously excellent, at walking distance from Zocalo, from zona rosa...

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2012

The Sevilla Palace offers comfort in the heart of Mexico City.

Hotel building
Yes the building is a bit old and needs some updating. Sitting in the lobby it dawned on me that the decor is reminecent of the movie "Barbarella" with Jane Fonda. It must be said that it is clean however. There are smoking and non-smoking rooms.

Lobby
The lobby is ok with front desk, sitting area and doormen / bellboys at your service. Ask them if you need a cab as not all cabs serve the hotel. A cab ride to the Zocalo should cost you about $170 pesos.

Restaurant

Restaurant
is on the 4th floor. In the elevator, select the letter 'R'.

Location:
Great location on the Reforma, most sites are just a quick 15 -20 min cab ride away. (museum, Zocalo etc). Convenience store just 50 meters down the block and restaurants and coffee shops close by.

The food in the restaurant is very good. This includes breakfast. Good variety and something for everyone. For a change you can cross the street to the Fiesta Americana hotel as they have a very nice buffet every day.

Staff
Staff is very friendly and always willing to help. Our doorman was able to arrange a cab and a tour to the Teotihuacan ruins right from the front door of the hotel.

Rooms
Try to get an outside room as the "inner rooms" face a concrete courtyard. There is a coffee machine in the room but it has a price tag on it so I assume you will be charged for it if you use it. Too bad!! Coffee in the room should be free. There are a couple of free water bottles in the room. Room was very quiet and relaxing. There is a/c that I ran only when I was not in the room as it makes noise and gets too cold. The windows (full lenght) in the outer rooms have a sliding horizontal door at about foot level that you can open to allow outside air into the room.
The main hotel room door can be secured with chain and deadbolt. Closet is large with ironing board, iron, safe, hangers. Phone in the toilet but a lack of places to hang towels.

Conclusion
I would stay there again as the location is good, staff friendly and the hotel is clean. Food is great.

Room Tip: Get an outside room as they have a view. Inside rooms open up to a concrete terrace.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank OCHAR
Reviewed 20 August 2012

First let me start by saying we were traveling with our 19 month old. We requested a mini fridge in the room for our 5-day stay. They told us we'd have to leave a $50 deposit and then could use the mini bar which was not that cold and was full (we had to take stuff out to put in milk). Our first room would not cool down even after we spent 2 hours waiting for the maintenance guy to show up to fix it, so we had to be moved...wasted an afternoon not exploring the city because of this. If you have a stroller, be prepared that unless it's a lightweight stroller, you may have trouble rolling it to the "open" part of the room to store it. If someone smokes in another room, it will pass into your room. The space between the beds and the dressers is minimal. Then we had to put our suitcase over a part of the base of the window because it slides open, wide enough for my son's body to slip through, except for his head (room 2104). My husband didn't want to report this (he speaks Spanish and I don't, so he won). The bathrooms...they put the drying hand towel next to the toilet (away from the sink), the towel drying hook (not rack) is over the bathroom phone, there's no heat vent to suck out the moisture. The "big" towels cover my son horizontally from his shoulders to this butt. The towels smell badly too...a bit like old milk, so I had to hold my breath when drying my face. I'm not sure if it's because they are old or if it's the detergent used. But several towels had this horrible smell. One day we had housekeeping remove our unused/unopened bar of soap when they cleaned. I'm not sure if they were lacking in supply, as they were running short on facial washcloths, but I thought this was bad form. Then one day we had a do not disturb sign on our door in order to get our toddler to take a nap. What does housekeeping do? They call our room to ask if we still wanted to not be disturbed and have our room cleaned. The ringing phone nearly woke up my son. My husband had to explain to them several times that our son was taking a "siesta". I was LIVID that they would not respect the sign! We had to have 2-3 key cards redone because they wouldn't work. I do not recommend this hotel at all. Nothing but problems. Oh and if you want to use the safe...You have to put a $50 deposit down. I assume it's refunded after the stay, but I don't know. Two positives: The beds were fairly comfortable and rooms are clean.

Room Tip: don't get room 806 (broken A/C) or 2104 (window issue)
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family