“Excellent with qualifications”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dallas, TX
“Excellent with qualifications”
Reviewed 17 February 2009

This was my fourth or fifth time to stay at this hotel. Location, airport shuttle service, room, and food (!) are great. The breakfast buffet, which can be included with the room, is a synopsis of Mexican cooking.

In addition, if you are comfortable taking the subway, you need only to walk across the street. The grounds are beautiful; in fact, we devoted our last morning in Mexico this time to the breakfast buffet and the hotel gardens. Sometimes, if I have a few hours at the Mexico City airport, I go to this hotel to eat.

Preserve and be careful about your reservation. When we checked in, nothing we had done showed up electronically, although we had booked our room, breakfast included, on the Internet. I had to write everything again and ended up with the same price, I thought. Later, I realized I had received nothing at the desk to confirm that breakfast was included (no ticket, etc.). When I asked, the desk said all I had to do was give my room number to the restaurant. After the excellent breakfast, when we went to check out, I received a bill for the regular price of the room plus the normal cost of the buffet! I had my reservation number and confirmation, so I challenged them. The price came down more than $20.

We paid about $103 U.S. for room and breakfast for two. On previous trips, sometimes without a reservation, I have paid $100 for single occupancy without breakfast.

Either way, this is a good place.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Eastern Iowa
Reviewed 15 October 2008

This hotel offers free airport transportation. It has a good restaurant and has spacious grounds. The biggest problem with the hotel is the room size. I get larger rooms with a basic room in NYC! The room decor is very old and the TV choices were poor. I used the internet with little problem and believe it was free. It may have been billed for it but I usually catch those type of charges. The last time I was in Mexico City I stayed at the Airport Camino Real. Given the cost difference between the two, I'll be staying at the Fiesta Inn next time even with the small rooms.

• Liked — food
  • Disliked — room size
  • Stayed August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Mexico City hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 15 September 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Fiesta Inn for one night when we arrived in Mexico City. After a bit of a detour getting there due to all the construction on the highway, we arrived in the somewhat scary-looking neighborhood. Inside the hotel, things improved a bit. We got a room in the back, across the nice courtyard, on the second floor. It was a decent room, though definitely not as clean as it should've been (a few stray hairs in sheets & tub).
There was a decent breakfast buffet with Mexican fare ($).
Overall, it was nothing spectacular, but convenient to the airport. I'd give it 2 1/2 - 3 stars.

• Liked — Convenient to airport
  • Disliked — Cleanliness not up to par
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Petaluma, California
Reviewed 1 July 2008

We had our most horrible hotel experience at Fiesta Inn (and we are very experience travelers). We had an overnight layover in Mexico City and choose this hotel due to its proximity to the airport and that it had shuttle service to the airport. When we got to Mexico City we called the hotel to say we were there and they said they would send the shuttle over. We stood outside at midnight for an hour waiting for the shuttle. During that hour all of the other hotel shuttles came two or three times. We called the hotel twice more during the hour and they kept telling us (lying to us) that the shuttle was on it's way. The hotel is only 5 minutes away.

When the shuttle finally arrived and we reached the hotel, the staff was awful! I told them our situation and asked for a discount. I figured it was fair since they made us wait an hour and we were only staying for 5 hours. You can guess they said no, it was against their "policy". I guess it is also against their "policy” to say sorry for the inconvenience or give any type of empathy. When I told them we didn't want to stay with that kind of service they told us that even if we didn't stay they would charge us for the room (again due to their "policy"). We ended up staying (as opposed to loosing a 130 bucks), neither of us sleeping well because we were so angry, and left early.

I would never ever stay here. There are too many nice places and people to put up with awful service and staff.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the staff was awful, unhelpful and rude!
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank irishkat
Seattle
Reviewed 5 April 2008

We wanted something simple for it was just one overnight. But the room had an oder, a moldy old carpet smell. We asked to be put in another room (the staff was not helpful), and it had the same smell. I was not trying to be crazy, for I have stayed in a lot of places, but at over $100/night, I expected more. Ultimately, we took the room, for it was late, then the A/C turned on, which was noisey.
We tried to talk to the manager, but he would not come out of his office. Any awful hotel, and I would never recommond it.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)