“Worst Customer service ever !!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Ritz Mexico

Hotel Ritz Mexico
Ranked #129 of 306 Hotels in Mexico City
“Worst Customer service ever !!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

The room with Double Beds was awfully small ! The beds don't even fit inside the room.
Wireless network was down for 5 days the only way to get signal was walking downstairs to the main lobby to get wifi from the reception, the issue was reported to the service desk clerk 5 different times and we didn't get any attention whatsoever, At least not until we requested for the Hotel Supervisor who provided us with a temporary conection that was good for 3 hours only !
The lifter was broken also , there was a day when the lifter was stuck in the middle between 2 storeys and they forced the lifter doors open and the people inside had to climb down from the lifter. I would not recomend this Hotel to anyone and certainly I am not coming back my self.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Washington, D. C.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

This hotel was recommended by an American friend in Mexico, but how wrong she was! It's basically a dump for locals from provinces, and not suited for international travelers. Our room was small, old, basic, and was even cleaned when we arrived at 2.30 p.m. It faced a courtyard (nothing you want to go out to), and we were bothered by people talking into late at night. Bedding looked clean but was old. I was so miserable that I used free Internet (the only good thing about this hotel) in the middle of the night to book a room at Hilton Reforma, only a few blocks away and only $50 more (weekend rate). but was so so much better. The room was clean, spacious with a view, and the bed was very very comfortable. Pool was great, and service was superb. What a difference! The lesson I learned is when in Mexico City, don't try to skimp of a few bucks on hotel and go for internationally recognized names -- and avoid "Centro Historico." It's crowded, noisy and dirty, and most buildings are very old and not very well maintained. On top of that, the street in front of Tulip was being dug up for repaving, and was so dusty.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Mexico City hotels

irvine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2010

I had fun at Mexico City.
But I was not able to rest well at the Tulip Inn Ritz.
What was nice about it: It was like in the heart of Mexico City, near the cathedral & shopping stalls. A few meters down the road is my favorite ice cream shop...they sell the best ice cream.When I needed my caffeine fix, I just cross the street where I can have a steaming hot cup of coffee plus freshly baked pastries.
The room is really spacious and clean.

What needs to be improved though is:
I was there for 3days and in 3 days, breakfast food is the same. : (
I was not able to sleep well because the bed is kinda hard and the pillows are not that fluffy.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelbuff01
Palm Springs, Ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2010

This hotel is located in the heart of the historic district. The hotel is safe and clean. Not for those looking for luxury. It was great for our needs and budget. It is a downtown hotel and therefore noisy. I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank PalmSprings21
Kingsnto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

After first staying here with my aunt in 2009, they didn't keep a copy of her receipt, and charged me a second time when I left. Our faxes and calls from VISA went unanswered and unrefunded.

When my dad wanted to stay at the same place because "at least we knew it", I had my emotional reservations before booking.
- THE STREET IS INACCESSIBLE to our taxi because Moderna is now closed to cars and is a pedestrian street. Thanks for the info.
- The elevator was busted, poor bellboy with 7 bags
- Messed up our 4 person reserved room to a 2 person room
- No bathmat, 2 thin bathtowels, no handtowels, no remote for the TV, busted hairdryer, no ventilation in the room
- Breakfast was the worst thing I have ever had the mispleasure of eating. Soggy chilaquilles, undercooked and raw bacon, hair in cereal bowls
- Kids screamed down the halls all night and the staff did nothing.

The barman is very nice though.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank sarah412
Osttirol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2010

People there are very kind and helping, the room was clean and comfortable. I didn't find anything to complain about. I didn't expect such a beautiful, great-located hotel for these little prices! Next time I'll visit Mexico City I know where to stay again!! It was a great time!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrsGalvez
Meriden, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2009

3 of us girls stayed here for 4 nights. the food was good. the room was nice. but most importantly, the service was excellent!
the girls behind the counter went above and beyond to help us in every way possible. getting us taxis. arranging excursions, making phone calls, and everything else.
great location, near the zocalo, near trendy shops and little restaurants.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends