US$152
US$393
US$279
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
All reviewsroom was cleanthe hotel staffbreakfast was includedoxxonightlife
Reviewed 4 February 2008

Not too bad for a $60 last-minute booking -- the location is pretty good (on a street with various apparently good restaurants), and you can walk to the "zocolo" in 20-30 minutes (or take a cab). Nevertheless, I would advise you shop around -- I am sure you could get something better. Bathroom was pretty nice with lots of hot water, but the room overall was a bit shabby and breakfast very slow.

• Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank CH-made
Reviewed 24 January 2008

Real bad hotel. Spend the extra 10$ for a good hotel. We checked out and checked into a random hotel nearby named "maya land". For 46$ (after bargening) we got a clean hotel in a good location. The staff at the new hotel were very good.

• Stayed: January 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
22  Thank reviewNyc
Reviewed 16 November 2007

Greetings, I have traveled to many destinations in Mexico and stayed in many bohemia settings, with very nice cherry wood lobbies and the scent of their reception that fills oneself with tranquility. However, having said that the moment we stepped out of the taxi and looked at the doors we knew right their and then that it did not reflect what we saw in the internet. The hotel represented pictures that are obsolete, they show the Statue of Mexico Independence “from a guest room balcony” which is entirely false. Their in front of the hotel sits in its view a 40 story building!
The beds sheets are so worn-down that they are almost transparent. The bed is as hard as the floor. When we got back home we went directly to the chiropractor for back adjustments. Their shower would overflow in matter of 5 minuets. When cleaning is concern, they do not respect the do not disturb sign and even if they do clean, they would not leave enough towels, bottle of water or glass to drink in. Every time we would call in for service (food, towels, etc..) a wait of 1 hour would pass and often I would need to head down to reception and asked them again to send me what I ordered. I must say the employees were nice, just a lack of training on service.
Last but not least, the day we were checking out that reception informed us that they had two luxury floors with exquisite rooms, we went to see them and they match close to a tier 1 almost 2 star hotel. So their perspective is small as to the understanding of luxury. Never again will we stay their as we wanted to leave they informed us that they would not return our prepaid rooms. So, so much for a peaceful vacation…

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
13  Thank osno00
Reviewed 21 March 2007

I usually stay at this hotel when I go to Mexico City. But. on this trip I found the hotel staff to be a little rude. The incidents were as follows.
Friend called one evening and was told that I wasn't there when I was actually in the room waiting for his call. I don't know why she told him that the call was returned to her. Anyway, due to this error, I missed a very important breakfast the next morning. When I checked into the hotel, I asked for two keys to the room and explained to them and introduced them to the person who would be coming for me everyday and told them that the key was that he wouldn't have to wait and come up immediatly when he arrived. Needless to say, he was interrogated by the front desk staff and made to wait anyway. I was quite firm with them when I found out and from there on in, recieved very poor treatment from them. Upon leaving, due to my own error, I failed to check my bill carefully and realized they had charged me for 2 meals at the restaurant that I never ate. I never even visited the restaurant. So, make sure you check your bill carefully before you pay!. I plan to look for new accomodations for my next rip to Mexico City. I can no longer reccomend this hotel to you. The hotel staff ruined the whole stay for me.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled solo
5  Thank mexcolt
Reviewed 7 March 2006

This hotel, while located right near the famous Angel monument, is old, dilapidated and service is poor. First, I got this hotel in a package deal, the same package is found on Site 59, Travelocity and AOL Travel. The room I was given had a balcony to which the sliding glass door did not even lock, one could step right over from the next room's balcony and enter your room easily.

Second, the staff is not honest about the un-sealed glass bottles of water that have red caps, that are provided by the hotel in the bathrooms. They claim they contain potable water and can be used for drinking, brushing teeth etc, no restrictions. I became ill twice from this water, discounting that it could be the source of my illness the first time because the front desk staff assured me it was safe. The second time, I became very ill and on top of it, was due to check out in the morning.

There are no alarm clocks so I spoke face-to-face with the front desk help to get a wake up call at 6:45am in order to get to the airport for my return flight to the US. I watched the front desk man write 6:45am so I know it had been done. At almost 8am I was awakened by the sun entering my room and called the front desk about my wake up call. They had changed shifts and claimed to know nothing about it. Not only very sick with Montezuma's revenge and now worried about missing my flight, I was furious. This was the worst travelling experience of my entire life.

8  Thank cctrips2