We are v happy here though our room is beside the street -a bit noisy. There is internet wifi in the room though can only get it to work in reception. Hot water in shower seems to be on a timer - runs out fast. Walking distance to many restaurants. Safe in room is good. Breakfast good continental juice, bread, tea, bread and jam.
Laundry was done promptly and delivered to our room 25ps a kilo. Wifi worked well in lobby. It is also possible to order meals at night - menu del dia.130 ps a head incl soup, mains and glass of wine. Bus just a couple of blocks. Metro a few more.
Staff are helpful - booked our bus tickets to the next destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most important is that we want to make this your home away from home, at an accessible price.Casa Gonzalez is four old homes surrounded by courtyards and gardens of different eras that have been adapted to make a home for travelers. The two original homes were built by the current owners grandfather in the mid 1920's.One of the houses belonged to a famous movie star, Lupe Velez (who married Johnny Weissmuller for a few years).The latest addition was built in the early 1940's by a relatively well know architect, Roberto Buenrostro, as his private residence. The guest house started operating in the early 30's by the grandmother and great grandmother of the current owners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers and HostelWorld so you can book your Hotel Casa Gonzalez reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Gonzalez Hotel Mexico City
- Casa Gonzalez Mexico City
- Hotel Casa Gonzalez Mexico City