for anyone with a love of Mexico, this is the place to stay. Sparkling clean with friendly, helpful staff. Casa Gonzalez is located in a central spot on tree-lined streets, close to Metro and Zona Rosa. We had one of the "bargain" rooms, great mattresses, brand new bathroom, very comfortable. Every room has antique furniture and artwork, in fact, art pervades the whole place. This hotel is obviously a labor of love for someone. If you are looking for something special and very warm and beautifully Mexican, this is your guest house. The breakfast room is in the vintage part of the hotel with lovely deco furniture, nice ceramic dishware, and smart service. Continental or hot breakfast, well prepared and tasty. Lunch and dinner also served, in the green and welcoming garden.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most important is that we want to make this your home away from home, at an accessible price.Casa Gonzalez is four old homes surrounded by courtyards and gardens of different eras that have been adapted to make a home for travelers. The two original homes were built by the current owners grandfather in the mid 1920's.One of the houses belonged to a famous movie star, Lupe Velez (who married Johnny Weissmuller for a few years).The latest addition was built in the early 1940's by a relatively well know architect, Roberto Buenrostro, as his private residence. The guest house started operating in the early 30's by the grandmother and great grandmother of the current owners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HostelWorld, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Casa Gonzalez reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Gonzalez Hotel Mexico City
- Casa Gonzalez Mexico City
- Hotel Casa Gonzalez Mexico City