I recently traveled to Mexico City with a friend. We decided to book two rooms at Casa Gonzalez. They were both absolutely lovely! There was Mexican tile in the bathrooms and around the sink in the bedroom.
I felt very safe - there was a private door to the property that was always locked and then the regular bedroom lock.
The staff was enormously friendly and helpful, the place was very clean, and the breakfast was divine.
If I ever find myself back in Mexico City I will definitely spend a night or two here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most important is that we want to make this your home away from home, at an accessible price.Casa Gonzalez is four old homes surrounded by courtyards and gardens of different eras that have been adapted to make a home for travelers. The two original homes were built by the current owners grandfather in the mid 1920's.One of the houses belonged to a famous movie star, Lupe Velez (who married Johnny Weissmuller for a few years).The latest addition was built in the early 1940's by a relatively well know architect, Roberto Buenrostro, as his private residence. The guest house started operating in the early 30's by the grandmother and great grandmother of the current owners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Hotel Casa Gonzalez reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Gonzalez Hotel Mexico City
- Casa Gonzalez Mexico City
- Hotel Casa Gonzalez Mexico City