First of all, I had really high expectations after reading so many wonderful things about this place online. However, I was disappointed. I ended up staying here last minute, and they were able to fit me in, which was nice. The room was VERY modest, no tv, no air conditioning (which is bad for the hot natured, like myself) and not very clean. My room was also very loud because it was near the street, so stay away from those. As for cleanliness, I watched the lady clean one day, after a customer checked out, (while in the common area). They do no mop, only empty the trash cans, change the sheets, and give new towels. She was in there for only 15 mins or so and later that day I saw a new person check in that very room that afternoon. GROSS!
As for the friendliness, the staff is not friendly at all. I never saw the owner. The staff made fun of my Spanish accent, which is rude, because I speak it well, just with a bit of an accent. No one was really helpful with directions and when I checked out, they were very rude about me having to call my credit card company, while they waited (they froze my card thinking it was stolen-being in another country. Which leads me to another tip- call your credit card company BEFORE you leave). I was unhappy with the service, overall.
The food is not very consistent. Sometimes my breakfast (and dinner) was not very good and other times it was fabulous.
Also, be warned the hotel is far from the metro, but in a nice business type of area. The price is right, but for the cleanliness and lack of customer service, I wouldn't stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most important is that we want to make this your home away from home, at an accessible price.Casa Gonzalez is four old homes surrounded by courtyards and gardens of different eras that have been adapted to make a home for travelers. The two original homes were built by the current owners grandfather in the mid 1920's.One of the houses belonged to a famous movie star, Lupe Velez (who married Johnny Weissmuller for a few years).The latest addition was built in the early 1940's by a relatively well know architect, Roberto Buenrostro, as his private residence. The guest house started operating in the early 30's by the grandmother and great grandmother of the current owners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Hotel Casa Gonzalez reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Gonzalez Hotel Mexico City
- Casa Gonzalez Mexico City
- Hotel Casa Gonzalez Mexico City