“Timeless Gem”

Ranked #34 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Australia
“Timeless Gem”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I first stayed there with my wife in the 70s and I continue to return to Mexico each year and always stay at geneve hotel. I now stay there with my boyfriend as it's in a safe happening area. The beds room size bathrooms all perfect. For your first visit to Mexico City don't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank itsme80
Luis Felipe B, General Manager at Hotel Geneve Ciudad de Mexico, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
We really appreciate your time to write this review, all the Geneve Hotel colaborators are always pleased to give the best service to all our guests, our first concern is to satisfied our guest expectations, as I always answer, all the guest reviews are addressed to all the Geneve colaborators, it help us a lot.
Thanks again and we hope to see you soon

Sincerely

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel, very close to some bars, restaurants and tourist spots such as Angel of Independence and the beautiful parks along Paseo de la Raforma.
Seemed to be mostly business travelers in the hotel, but that didn't bother us.
Awesome beds!

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Liz H
Luis Felipe B, General Manager at Hotel Geneve Ciudad de Mexico, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
On behalf of all the Hotel Geneve colaborators and myself, let me thank you for the time to write this comment, our main concern is to get the best guest satisfaction, all of our guests comments are reviewed by me and the executive committee.
We hope to see you soon

Whakatane, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Great hotel to stay at - very clean and well presented. Beautiful reception areas and the atrium with the stained glass ceiling is just gorgeous. The breakfast room is another lovely area with gusts having the option of breakfast from the menu or the buffet. The location was perfect for using the subway, visiting sites, finding restaurants, accessing money exchanges and enjoying mexico city.
We had a room booked beside the atrium on the 2nd floor but when we arrived there in the early hours of Saturday morning there was a wedding reception being held in the atrium area. The noise from this was very loud and would have made sleeping at before the 3 am cut off time impossible. We asked for and were given a room in the older part of the hotel for that night and told we would be able to move back into our original room the next morning.
The room we were given was smaller but very quite and we were happy with this. When we went o reception the next morning to be moved back to our original room we were told that it had been given to another person but after some time the receptionist was able to give us the same type of room on a lower floor.
I suggest that anyone booking into the hotel inquires about any functions booked and the associated noise levels to determine if they will be affected.
Would like to give the hotel a 4.5 due to the inconvenience of the noise on the first night and the room booking issue but system does not allow.

Room Tip: Check to see that there are no functions on with noise levels that could affect the room you will be...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SootyNZ
Luis Felipe B, General Manager at Hotel Geneve Ciudad de Mexico, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
We thank you very much for staying with us and writting a review about your stay.
The Hotel Geneve staff is always looking to improve and give the best of service to all of our guests, we hope to see you soon.

Thanks again
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Hello, I have never been to Hotel Geneve and had not heard of it until I was doing my family research. It just so happens that Thomas Sinclair Gore ( 1869-1955) was an architect who designed, built and owned the Hotel Geneve in the historic "Zona Rosa" district of Mexico City.
Once finding this out I had to look this up to see what this Hotel was about, and what an amazing surprise. I absolutely love what it looks like!! Well done in the care of this this Historic Lady!
I can tell you if I ever go to Mexico City I will be staying there, just the the beauty of it makes me want to travel there to experience it!
I was so happy to see so many grand pictures, thank you all for sharing those! Sincerely Diana Allen (ancestor)

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Luis Felipe B, General Manager at Hotel Geneve Ciudad de Mexico, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you very much for your kind comments, yes, you are right, Thomas Sinclair Gore was an architect who designed, built and owned the Hotel Geneve, since 1991 Ostar, a company of Grupo Carso own and operate this splendid hotel, in 2007, our President of the company started the remodelation of the Hotel with the main porpose of recovering the unic ambiance and escence of "the old times".

Thanks again for the time and comment about us, we really appreciate it.

Hope to see you soon

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I really loved the charm and richness of the hotel. It was like stepping back into a by-gone era with the elegant richness. Close by to shops and restaurants. The room walls are a bit thin though. Massage in the spa was nice. I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank John V
On behalf of the Geneve Hotel I really appreciate your kind comments and the time for written them, our main concern is to make our guest stay a pleasent one, all our guest comments are forward to our head departments to have the certainty that we are doing correctly our jobs

Thanks Again!!!!
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Much nicer than I expected, wonderful old hotel with personality and presence.

Spacious corner room was clean and comfortable, with two lovely windows that opened to a lively street scene. Even at the hottest part of the day, a gentle breeze cooled the room- but as the evening wound down, the sounds of the nighttime ambience were sealed out when the windows were shut. Hotel Geneve could hold her own in any European capital city.

The photos do not do justice to the public areas. This hotel sparkles at night and lends a touch of Old World class to the neighborhood. But the real reason I will return is the staff. Always a smile and a 'Buenos Dias' from every housekeeper, doorman or other support person you encounter. All requests were acted upon promptly.

The concierge, Señor Ariel, would be an asset to any five star hotel in London or Paris. His suggestions and advice were both helpful and personalized. His graciousness and hospitality were reflected by the staff around him. My family and I were treated warmly, as if we were invited guests in someone's home.

This establishment is highly recommended for couples, families and business travelers. If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the front -- in our case, however, we enjoyed the front corner room. It was great for people watching and soaking up the experience of our first visit to Mexico City!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank spanx525
Luis Felipe B, General Manager at Hotel Geneve Ciudad de Mexico, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
On behalf of the Hotel Geneve, I'd like to thank you for the comment you made about our Hotel, our job is to exceed our guest expectations, we are very much concern in all our guest comments, they help us to achieve our main goal, I personally read each one of them and participate our colaborators about our guest experiences.
Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed for two nights to enjoy the weekend and wanted to be in Zona Rosa where there was some action. As many other reviewers have indicated, it's an old hotel with a very impressive lobby. My rate was $95/night and my room was adequate...nothing fancy and certainly no view, but it was clean and comfortable and quiet, the things that matter most to me. Water pressure was surprisingly good in both the sink and shower.. Wi-fi was included (as it should be everywhere) and was of good speed. As another reviewer remarked, the staff is a tad indifferent and not nearly as gracious as in many other hotels, but thankfully I didn't need to have too much interaction with them. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank DCTim
Luis Felipe B, General Manager at Hotel Geneve Ciudad de Mexico, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you very much for your comments, be sure that I have just had a meeting with my staff to review your comment. The hotel Geneve culture and first concern is to exceed guest expectations, I apologize we didn't.