“The BEST 4* HOTEL IN MEXICO CITY”
Review of Hotel Gillow

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mexico City
Hotel Gillow
Ranked #99 of 306 Hotels in Mexico City
New York
“The BEST 4* HOTEL IN MEXICO CITY”
Reviewed 18 July 2008

Before I did my booking on this hotel, I was searching on the webpage tripadvisor for a hotel in Mexico City. At the beginning I had some doubts in choosing Hotel Gillow due to its position on the webpage. However let me share with you my magnificent experience.
When I arrived to the Hotel Gillow, I had a warm welcome of the receptionist which with a big smile and perfect english gave me the room 401. The first impact of the room was of a spaciousness, comfort, modern and vivid place. This room included a large king size bed, new coaches, plasma tv and several amenities that made my stayed just perfect. Moreover, the hotel is located next to a beautiful church called LA PROFESA which gives to the hotel a colonial view. If you are looking to stay right in the center of Mexico City this hotel gives you the perfect landmark to visit all the most important attractions of the city such as EL ZOCALO, 5 DE MAYO AND THE TEMPLES.
I also really recommend the restaurant LA CAPILLA for its service and food! for exmaple, there is a plate of a filet full of shrimps which is delicious and I only paid 5 bucks!!!!! amzazing!!!! . For all mentioned I really advice Hotel Gillow to anyone who is searching for an hotel with a centric location, excellent service, low price and cleaness. CERTAINLY IT SHOULD BE CONSIDER AS ONE
OF THE BEST 4 STAR HOTELS IN MEXICO CITY!.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing, Nadda, Finito
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
2 Thank YoRobertoYo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
USA
Reviewed 11 July 2008

Mexico was my final destination in my around the world trip. I was really glad i stayed at this hotel due to its great location, great service and great value. The rooms are clean and spacious and my room had a lovely view. Once i got to the hotel i was at walking distance from a lot of Mexico City sites. This Spanish run hotel was, in my experience, one of the best price/quality hotel in my whole trip. The restaurant is tasty and very reasonable price.
Try "the paella".

• Liked — Location and price quality
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HOLAOLE
Mexico City
Reviewed 27 May 2008

I highly recommend this hotel, for it´s excellent location close to the main square in Mexico City, and also for good prices and service.

The hotel restaurant is also great offering varios dishes at good prices compared with other hotels in the area.

• Liked — The rooms and the restaurant
  • Disliked — the availability of taxis
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank mart-345
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 15 January 2008

We stated at Hotel Gillow the week of a family wedding in Mexico City. We got a suite for 4 of us for the week and it was pretty big (two rooms with bathroom between and a sitting area). This hotel had large, clean rooms at a very reasonable price. Some with patios and great views. The noise was not a bother for us. Walking distance to many great locations with shopping, food spots, site seeing, etc. For the price, we were very pleased! Be careful when using the toilet, they are very sensitive!!

Overall, a nice stay at a great price!

• Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank want2travelm0re
San Diego, California
Reviewed 26 November 2007

This is a good choice if you want to be in the historic center of Mexico City. You are within walking distance of most all the sights including the Zocalo, Alameda Park, Giribaldi Square (a long walk), and various close subway stations. I would recommend this hotel to the traveler who wants a hotel that is a step up from a budget hotel but is not fancy . The rooms without a patio are larger than the rooms with a patio. The rooms with a patio are on the top floor and are fairly quiet given the location of hotel. The rooms without a patio are larger by the size of the patio from what I saw. Traffic noise was not a problem but occasional car alarms and sirens can be heard. I am posting some photos taken from from the rooftop patio.

• Liked — The location in Centro Historico, room rate, view from room, nearby places to eat
  • Disliked — As with any place in a city center the city noises sirens, car alarms though not bad at all
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank Russ-Parsons
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Reviewed 28 September 2007

I usually stay at the Gillow when I come in late off a flight and don’t have a booking. They always seem to have rooms available. I don’t stay here on longer visits, since the centro historico is dead at night. Rooms are large and a bit dreary, but comfortable enough if you don’t mind quite a hard bed. Staff are friendly and helpful and I think most speak a bit of English. The restaurant does a perfectly adequate buffet breakfast and there is a ten percent discount on the room rate for cash.
I arrived at 1.30am on my last visit, rang the main door bell and was in my room and asleep within five minutes!

• Liked — Late check-in
  • Disliked — Hard bed
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled solo
4 Thank Londinense
san rafael, california
Reviewed 29 August 2007

We stayed here for 12 days; part of the time, there were 4 of us and the rest just two.

We had a great room with a separate bedroom and plenty of space. The staff were fantastic, the management helpful.

Their restaurant recommendations were right on the money, their assistance on the smallest details was always there.

The price was so remarkable that I don't want to share it....the location was perfect for exploring. Taxis were always available (even if a bit more expensive).

I would return here time and again; there is not enough that I could say about it.

Sarah R. Belletto

• Liked — The rooms, staff and safety
  • Disliked — can't think of anything.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family