Hotel Gillow
US$254
Zocalo Central(Mexico City)
US$178
US$173
All reviewspurified watergreat locationperfect place to walkxix centurytwo blocksstay there againgreat bargainhistoric districtwithin walking distanceper nightpalacio de bellas artesmetro stationfloorcathedralmexicohistoriconightlife
Reviewed 6 October 2009

As a single woman I could not have felt safer than being a guest at Hotel Gillow. From the moment that I arrived by taxi & was met by the hotel doorman, until the moment when I departed I experienced genuine hospitality, service, assistance, & an understanding of the challenges which one can experience when travelling single & speaking no spanish. All staff in hotel & restaurant were gentle people.
Fabulous location. Great value. Spotless room & pleasant decor.
Tours can be purchased at the hotel. Easy walk to MANY attractions within the city & only steps to the subway.

You will not be disappointed!!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank babilu
Reviewed 6 May 2009

I just want to recommend Hotel Gillow for any business travelers! I’m a jeweler who buys silver in the center of Mexico City every once in a month. At the beginning at used to stay on the popular chains like Holiday Inn or Sheraton because that was the only ones I trust for doing business. However one of my Mexican friends told me about Hotel Gillow which was inexpensive and had a great location. I couldn’t believe the low prices for a 4 star hotel, but I decided that with the CRISIS I need to reduce my expenditure, so I gave the hotel a chance. I was surprised with the personalized service and facilities they have for business travelers. I´m now a loyal client to the Hotel Gillow and dear reader you should also become one.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank ANDY_IF
Reviewed 17 April 2009

We had a great stay at this hotel and we are happy to recommend it for travellers to Mexico City. It is perfectly located in the historic centre. Rooms are comfortable, clean, spacious and quiet , and the service is friendly and accommodating. There is so much to see and do in Mexico City and it is great to come back to this hotel at the end of the day. Try the superb coffee across the street from the hotel at Cafe El Popular on 5 de Mayo, and enjoy an interesting bakery experience at Pasteleria Ideal about 4 blocks from the hotel on Republica de Uruguay #74.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mareliToronto
Reviewed 8 January 2009

We stayed in a regular suite. It was a great deal the room was huge and had a funky '70s vibe. The bathroom had a new Jacuzzi which was wonderful. The service was excellent(with one exception-a front desk worker who would not look up our reservation.

Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank stickerj
Reviewed 5 December 2008

Hotel Gillow is in an awesome, central location and overall I'm really glad I stayed here. We had 2 top-floor rooms with private balconies and they were very nice; they were very clean, the shower in the bathroom was 5 star, the people at the front desk were very friendly and very helpful. We slept great the first night, however on Friday night there was a rooftop club 1/2 block away that pounded the music out until 2:00AM and it was literally the worst noise I've ever had in a hotel room. Our windows shook with each beat of the drum and I could literally feel the music thumping in my chest. I wouldn't advise staying here on a Friday or Saturday night but mid-week it was fabulous.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Over60Countries