“Great hotel, great location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Mexico City Reforma

Hilton Mexico City Reforma
Ranked #15 of 304 Hotels in Mexico City
Washington DC
“Great hotel, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

This is the 2nd or 3rd time I've stayed here, and my husband also looks forward to it when he comes on business. Really comfortable beds, very clean and well kept hotel with excellent service. Fantastic downtown location near all sorts of sights in the restored historic district. The alternative is to stay in the Polanco area hotels, also good, and a cab ride away. The Hilton Reforma is modern, up to date, good food, and has one of the great Mexican restaurants on first floor (El Cardinale) open for breakfast and lunch/supper until about 5. GREAT spa on 6th floor, excellent facilities and massage, an amazing jacuzzi that overlooks Reforma and Bellas Artes opera house. Used the pools every day. Executive floor on 26th offers great views and good breakfasts and light suppers, well worth getting exec room for this option. At least 5 museums within a stone's throw, hard to know where to start, and walking distance to the Zocalo and all its sights. We relaxed and enjoyed the hotel and spa, did just as much as we wanted and took a mini-vacation in the heart of Mexico City. For business or tourism. Good for kids too.

Room Tip: Try to be up high, and try to get upgraded but if not, don't worry, it will still be nice.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Isaias A, Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Hi, I really appreciate your comment and the time you spent to wrote it. We are really proud and glad that you really enjoyed your stay with us, its a pleasure and thanks again for your loyalty to our hotel, this kind of reviews give us a lot of feedback to let us treat you as you deserve.

We are looking forward to see you again in this your home at Mexico City.
Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed here a week and loved the hotel. Its in a good area the Opera House (do see a show) in the central historic district. The Hotel is new and stylish. The staff were very good and I relied on the concierge staff a number of times and they never let me down in anyway.
I also had access to the club lounge (Gold Status) which was among the nicer lounges I have partaken from, 1.5 meals a day and free drinks between 6-8. The gym was a full fitness center (with open public membership) which had better than average equipment, free weights, and a beautiful spa with lockers and a fantastic steam room. Definitely exceeded my expectations.
The room was very good, spacious ( I think they upgraded me) and the bed very comfortable. Honestly I hope I come back to Mexico for some more good Bohemia beers and Mole as well as a chance to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank flipper95
Isaias A, Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Hello! we are looking forward your return to Mexico City, and please let us be your home again away home, we are gonn ahve ready that MOLE for you ;) I wanna thank you for your comment, this kind of feedback help us a lot to better understand what our guest want. I'll let know all the Concierge staff the good work they did. And once again, thanks a lot for the comment, hope to see you soon again!
Thanks
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

This was my second stay at the Hilton Reforma and it confirmed my initial impressions... this is an excellent all-around choice in Mexico City. The location is safe and central to the various sights. In fact, there is an adjacent park which comes alive on the weekends as a street market with food, crafts, entertainers, etc. Hotel service was excellent, rooms were very clean, and security seemed good. They have a nice, attended fitness center which I would rate 4 star. I didn't try their restaurants as I typically use the executive lounge. And as executive lounges go, this is one of the better that I have experienced... very pleasant and attentive reception and servers, nice assortment of food, and plenty of space. I also appreciate the hotels fleet of vehicles which I used daily. It was nice to be able to arrange transportation in a safe, comfortable vehicle which could be charged to my room.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello, first of all thank you for you comments.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, the park you are talking about is the famous Alameda Central created in 1592 the name comes from the Spanish word álamo, which means poplar tree, in this park you can find decorative statues and the "Hemiciclo a Juarez" which is a large white semi-circular monument to one of our presidents Benito Juarez.
I'll make sure to share all your comments with the rest of the team, once again thanks.
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

Due to changing airline schedules we needed to overnight in Mexico City. We chose the Hilton because of its Tripadvisor ratings and its central location.

We were not disappointed - the service was attentive without being "over the top". The room was large and comfortable with everything you would expect from a major chain hotel. The food - well normally I would not expect a major chain hotel to deliver food where I wanted to give top marks. Well the Hilton did - because of the crowds on the street and in the adjacent restaurants (it was January 6th - a major Mexican fiesta) we elected to eat in. Both dinner and breakfast the following morning were a "wow". I don't give this rating easily, but I was impressed. The 6th floor breakfast buffet was outstanding. I spend 90 nights a year travelling and I rarely find a hotel breakfast that is this good. I could keep writing on this but try for yourself.

Our one gripe was the cost of internet service, but this Hilton is not alone in seeking top dollar for something that should be either free or modestly priced.

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Geddes_7
Isaias A, Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, 23 January 2012
Hello, thank you for all your comments and the time you dedicated to wrote them.
We are glad you've enjoyed our restaurant Terraza Alameda and its buffet, its a great place to spend some time, a great outdoor garden, we like to call it, the Oasis in the heart of Mexico City. I've already share this comments to the staff of the 6th floor where the restaurant its located. About the price of the internet access, you can be sure is one the fastest and with entire connectivity in the entire hotel, several hotspots aloud to give you access in every place of the hotel.
Once again thanks a lot for your review, we are looking forward to see you again and treat you as you deserve in this your home far from home.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

I spent 2 nights at the hotel to recover from an exhausting trip and enjoy Mexico City and its nightlife from a central location.
It was a kind of spontaneous decision and I had booked the hotel room over a web travel agency on the very same day I checked in. The disadvantage was that I couldn't print out the voucher, so I had to send it to them via email upon check-in (always traveling with laptop sometimes helps). I was quickly checked in. However due to arriving early (official check-in time is 3PM), they couldn't give me a good room, so I first had a quite big but very dark room without any view. Even the window was partly occluded by what seemed like some sort of frosted glass stripes. There were also 2 beds but I only needed one.
So, later I decided to give it a try and ask for another room. Much to my pleasure I got a room in the 12th floor on the other side of the building with a fair view (higher up must be even more spectacular), good enough, a bit smaller but well laid out, with a large window front. The staff was always super friendly and helpful. Even if there were some very slight problems I overall enjoyed my stay excellently. Special thanks to Veronica at the Reception from a very satisfied client.

The bad:
- Air condition was too loud. I didn't need it anyway, but could be an issue during hotter period.
- Minibar is locked. Why??? I asked the concierge to come and open it, but nobody came. Fine, 7/11 (one block away) it is!
- Rooms in 10th floor (guest rooms start at 10th floor, so it is the lowest you can get), facing west, seem to be really dark and don't have a view. Not so good, only take it if you come here to sleep and spend your days outside/at work.
- Internet is fast but expensive. If you are looking for a Hotel with free WiFi this is not the place. I know some places in Mexico City with free WiFi that cost less per night than the Hilton's fee only for WiFi! A somewhat far-fetched comparison, but you get the point.

The good:
- Excellent breakfast buffet on the 6th floor. A true delight. They also have excellent wine for the afternoon or evenings.
- Location of the hotel is superb.
- Very quiet and well insulated rooms.
- Clean and modern, somewhat dark luxurious ambiente.
- It is a skyscraper so if you score a high floor you will have a great view.
- Even though I only reserved the room on the very same day on an inexpensive web-travel agency site, and then checked in early, there was no problem.
- Very good and friendly shuttle service, a bit expensive, but with very good and fast driver.
- Everybody speaks English, but will also appreciate the gringo traveler's basic Spanish vocabulary.

Room Tip: The higher the better, prefer east side.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Isaias A, Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Hi! thanks a lot for the review!
I've already share this comment with the entire managers team, thanks to this feedback we are always able to learn more and know what to do to give you the service you deserve :D the maintenance department is already aware about the noise of the Air Condition and also the F&B for any Minibar aspects, we are glad you found our staff friendly and we are gonna congratulate Veronica for the magnificent work, thanks a lot again for all your comments and if you ever come back to Mexico City we will be happy to receive you again in this your home!
Thanks a lot, Best Regards
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

I have been staying here for 2 weeks now and this is just about the best position to place yourself for the city. Zacola is 5 minutes by taxi, there is metro train and bus on your doorstep ( Hidalgo ) The markets and restaurants line the street outside. The hotel itself is first class with excellent staff. The 6th floor breakfast buffet is about the best you will get and for 15 bucks !! Check out the websites as I paid 157 dollers a night direct to the hilton but found it for 111 a night using the web. Very clean, highly secure and excellent

Room Tip: Ask for a view of latin america building, spectacular sights of the city
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Isaias A, Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, 12 January 2012
Hello! Hi, I'm glad you are enjoying your stay with us, thanks a lot for the comments.
We always look forward to give every of our guest the service they deserve, If you are gonna stay with until the Sunday, try the sunday brunch, your gonna love it! and here is another tip, go to the lobby at the coffee cart and ask Cesar, the barista to give you a CHAIPUCHINO our signature drink of coffee. Thanks a lot for all your comments, Best Regards
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

we stayed at the hilton reforma over new years for 4 nights
we had to wait 45 mins to check in. the girl on the check in counter was very slow, and they didnt appear to know what was going on.
our rooms were on different floors, though we were obviously a family and the travel agent had booked us as such. they couldnt change rooms for us.
our travel voucher clearly stated breakfast included, but they argued that was not the case, and spent 24 hours getting confirmation that it WAS included.
our room was dirty, with what appeared blood droplets on the bathroom floor. EW!
we recieved mininum towels and often had to make do with facewashers for bathmatts etc. when i rang up for more, i had to ring several times to get delivery, and each day was the same problem.
Breakfast, on the other hand, was fantastic, though service was slow. mainly men waiters, who concentrated on the young girls.
great location.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sue r
Hello! First of all please let me thank you for your comments, all this reviews and feedback always helps us to learn more about what our guest need.
I' terrible sorry about the situation at the check in, i've already share this comments with the entire managers team in our daily brief and we are improving our communications processes in order to have immediate answer to any of your requests. About the droplets I checked with the HouseKeeping and Maintenance departments, it is a varnish that the maintenance staff uses for the furniture, They are already aware about this to avoid this happen again. Also I share your comments with our Food and Beverage manager to make the necessary improvements in order to have a better service. Thanks again for your comments, we really appreciate them, if you ever come back to Mexico City, please give us the chance to serve as you deserve.