“Loved the Hilton, Reforma and Mexico City”

Hilton Mexico City Reforma
Ranked #17 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
“Loved the Hilton, Reforma and Mexico City”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My wife and I spent two wonderful,weeks here. We were lucky to get a corner room, 24th floor, overlooking the Park. (My wife is a diamond HH member) The location is perfect, close to attractions, subways, Opera House, the zocalo, etc. The HH floor was excellent, good food, service and beverage choices. Erick and Ramon were very attentive with small or large crowds in the evening. In the morning Diego and Juan Carlos brought our delicious cappuccino without being asked. Nice pool inside plus a lap pool outside. Good workout room and outdoor dining on the sixth floor. There was a large police/military force in evidence on the streets, most days during peaceful teacher demonstrations. We never felt our security was threatened anywhere in the city.
Most days were clear and lovely, little sign of smog. The Mexican people were friendly and helpful, including the staff. The restaurants were good and often filled with locals. The Hilton staff were excellent.
We will depfinetly be back. Highly Recommend.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are best, high floor facing the park
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The best Honors program I've ever seen. Great friendly bi lingual staff. The housekeeping was the best I've ever seen in a Hilton...
Stayed here 5 times and will continue to do so when in Mexico City
A shining star in the Hilton Line.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 December 2013

A very good business hotel, across the street from a great park and minutes from the concert hall and old centre of town. Rooms are very well appointed and spacious. The breakfast buffet room can get a bit noisy and crowded at peak hours, so careful how you navigate yourself there. But overall, no complaints.

1 Thank RPM59
Nassau, Bahamas
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I would recommend this hotel for stay. It was clean, spacious and comfortable. Great breakfast and dinner. Getting hot water for baths was a problem, I guess due to the amount of persons using the heater; figuring out the amount of tips due was a problem since it was not indicated on the receipts; and security could be a little more visible. Other than this, I had a great time at this hotel. Employees was quite friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I was there with my 16 months baby and everybody was nice and helpfull with us. We were on the 21 floor with a really nice view of the city. We also really enjoy the park in front of the hotel. The only deception : the pool was not open :-(

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I had the pleasure of visiting MX City this past weekend (during El Buen Fin, their Black Friday) and had an awesome time! It was a FAM trip with a group of 10. We did so much. This was my first time there. I recommend getting a tour guide to take you around because it is so crowded and they drive with their eyes closed. We got to see so much and ate at some interesting places. The hotel staff were all fantastic from check-in to check-out. Big room. My bed was comfortable. Ample towels. Wireless wi-fi for a fee but free in the business center or lobby. Gym was a nice size. Breakfast was included and offered fresh fruit, cereal, fresh squeezed juices, waffles, made to order eggs; they had everything. Indoor and outdoor pool. We walked the the Historic Reforma area, there is so much to see, eat and do there. There are more Starbucks than hotels. We visited the Polanco area (Mexico's Rodeo Drive is there). We visited The World Trade Ctr and ate at Bellini's (rotating restaurant) on the 50th floor and my beef fillet was perfect and I also enjoyed the awesome views. Soumaya museum is a must. Chapultepec Castle is beautiful. National Palace was full of Mexico's history (painted on the walls). Metropolitan Cathedral is large and very popular. Shrine of Guadalupe, also recommended. Plaza Garibaldi was so alive, all the mariachi groups/bands can be found there. There are so many more places we visited. Some of the recommended restaurants are Bellini's, Cafe Tacuba (awesome coffee), La Opera, La Cata.

Room Tip: Room 1026, gave a nice view of the outdoor restaurant
2 Thank sweetandujar407
London
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

I have visited Mexico City many times on business but have never stayed near the historical centre. Despite the warnings that I would be trapped in traffic for hours on end, this never materialised. I was probably lucky! It's fantastic to walk out of your hotel after a days work, take a right and walk to the Zocalo. The outdoor swimming lane, I don't think you could classify it as a pool, had water that was disturbingly green in character. I confined myself to the backstroke. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the food in the various restaurants was also very good. Very good breakfast buffet. I have stayed in rooms which had a more modern feel, but for the price I was paying, which struck me as very reasonable for the centre of Mexico City, I thought it was good value.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business