“Super Clean, Super Slow Wifi” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Mexico City Reforma

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Mexico City Reforma
Ranked #15 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
San Marcos, California
“Super Clean, Super Slow Wifi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

One of the cleanest hotels ive been in Mexico. But honestly, not sure if its worth four stars. Room was just average...nothing special. We had AMAZING views from the room. 23rd floor, corner room. But inside was just average things I could get in a comfort inn in the states. Nothing that screamed luxury or even something approaching it. Everyone I dealt with was courteous. The maid service was great.

Complaints: First morning, at about 8 when I was trying to sleep still, I was awoken by the window washers and their cords banging on my windows. seriously why would you wash the windows in the morning instead of in the middle of the day when people are not sleeping? My biggest gripe was the WiFi. it was super slow, and I could not hold a steady Skype nor kakao, nor VOIp call. Something im always able to do in other wifi. For this caliber hotel, I wish the wifi reception was better.

Room Tip: don't choose 2302 if you want steady wifi!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dariana20, Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Hi, Thanks for your review and for the time you spent writting it. Please, accept our apologize for the concerns you faced in your stay.

We regret that we have not met your expectations, we can very much empathize with your situation, we will share this review with the team members to improve our service. Hope getting another chance to serve you, to your next visit we will try feel you at home. We also invite you to prove our faster Wi-Fi or enjoy a free Wi Fi in the lobby, restaurants and executive floor.
Please know that we will work hard to earn your trust once again
Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

I was upgraded to a suite as a HHonors Gold member, and I must say the rooms are over-the-top gorgeous--and would have been great at half the size. Our suite had two full bathrooms and an enormous living room. Each bathroom and room had at least one telephone. The location is just outside the old center, which is good because traffic doesn't move in the old center. It's two blocks from one subway stop and three blocks from another. Rooms on the east side of the building offer sweeping views of the park, the old center, and the Zocalo in the distance (one mile, or 1.6 km away). I suppose the rooms on the west side show Chapultepec Forest, although I never saw the view from that side.
Those with access to the executive lounge benefit from a warm, hearty breakfast buffet and an evening meal with unlimited free drinks. Espresso drinks available throughout the day. I stayed for four nights. The hotel is quite modern and up-to-date, and seems to be diligently well kept-up. The staff were all friendly and helpful as well.
My only minor quibble is from the concierge staff. When I came up in the line, they never waved me in or asked if they could help--I had to go up and assert myself. Also, I booked a tour for the Teotihuacan ruins and the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe, which, unbeknownst to me, was on the day of the apparition (December 12), which was a national holiday, and in which a visit was impossible (at least according to our guide). While I didn't know, I certainly would have expected the concierge to know, and at least advise us--we would have picked another day. The tour itself was also disappointing in that the guide didn't take us through the Teotihuacan site itself, but just left us at the gate and told us when to meet him for the return. That's not exactly the hotel staff's fault, but guests may want to look into booking tours independently.
That being said, this was one of the most luxurious hotels I've stayed in, and I've stayed in some pretty nice places. It's hard for me to imagine someone wouldn't be happy with this place.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side have a view of the park, Palacio de Bellas Artes, and Zocalo in the distance.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lebelgo
Mexicali, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

Newer, elegant, modern hotel in a very good location if you want to be in the Historic Center. You can walk to most HC sights easily. The location is very safe and secure. The Cardinal restaurant located next to the lobby is very good. Its part of the chain of the classic Cardinal restaurant located in the HC. The breakfast package is worth purchasing with a very good selection. The only issue is that two out of my four nights they were experiencing towel shortages. However this will not stop me from returning.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing Bella Artes Palace have a great view
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Beaumont, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

I have had to travel for business to Mexico City this past year several times and The Hilton Reforma is by far the best hotel in Mexico City, and espcially for the value. It has everything you can need for the business traveler.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

First the pros - great location (easy access to metro), very helpful concierge and clean hotel. If I were to rate the hotel on just that, I would give it 5 stars.

However, cons are:
1. Hot tub, pool and fitness extra charge - they wanted 150 Pesos ( US$12) per person per day to use the hot tub, pool and fitness center. I was very disappointed to hear that, particularly given that I was a prior HHonors Gold member (not anymore) and have never faced this in the 10 other Hiltons I have stayed at.
2. Local phone charges - they want US$1.5 per min to make local calls, which I thought was outrageous. Use the payphone outside :).
3. Cab from airport - they charge almost triple the airport taxi charge to pick you up at the airport. Luckily we read about this and took a cab from the authorized airport cab companies.
4. Exchange rate - not surprising that the exchange rate is lower than even the airport exchange rate.
5. WiFi - you would think that in this day and age, when there is free wi-fi in airports every where (even Bahamas!!), Hilton would give you free WiFi in the room. But no, they want US$14/day. Time for the Hilton brand to step up here.
6. Business Center - had to pay US$12 to print out 8 pages and use the internet for 5 mins.

Overall, when you are in a foreign city, ur hotel is supposed to be ur best friend and help you out. Instead, they use every opportunity to nickel and dime you. Disappointing.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GanaK98
Dariana20, Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Hello First of all let me thank you for your feedback and for taking the time in writting us, for us is very important to know the experiences of our guests here at our hotel.
We apologize for not meet your expectations. But have for sure that we will work hard in order to be better in our service and fulfill your needs.
Regarding to the extra charge at the Fitness Center, all our guests have complimentary access to the Fitness Center, the only extra charge is for using the Spa, we encourage you to reactivate your HHonors status so you can enjoy all of their benefits like the Business Center copies. Now, besides the luxury service of the taxis the hotel offers, we also have the option to request an external taxi services with lower rates, the main difference being that they are not luxury cars.
About the WiFi connections, that is complimentary for all our guests at the lobby, restaurants and public areas of the hotel for guests that need a faster connection they can requested at the front desk.

Thanks for your review, we´ll share your comments with the Team Members. Please let us be your first option here at Mexico City in your next visit.

We hope to see you soon.

Best regards
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Recommended hotel few minutes away from the old city centre and concert hall. The room was clean and comfortable with incredible view of Mexico area. Staffs were welcoming and helpful. A very good hotel for visiting the Mexico City.

• Stayed September 2013
dubois, pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

The entire team at the Hotel deserves to be congratulated. The Executive Lounge is great under the leadership of Miriam. The location is very good; very close to the historic sights with easy access to other modes of transportation. The rooms was always clean and in good shape. The restaurant in the lobby is great; with good services.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family