“Absolutely Phenomenal Hotel”

Hilton Mexico City Reforma
Ranked #18 of 313 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This hotel is without a doubt, one of the best in the Hilton system.

I arrived Friday 1/31, and while I arrived too late to check in at the Executive Lounge, the front desk agent was beyond courteous and warmly welcomed me to the property. As an HHonors Gold member, my welcome packet was available at the front desk, and the agent even gave me a gold slip to choose a welcome amenity from. Choices included mixed fruit plate with sparkling water, chocolate truffles, and one other that I can't remember. A really nice and solid touch!

I was given a room on the 27th Executive floor, with one King bed. Room furnishings were very nice, and standard Hilton, but the room had ample space and was nicely organized. Bathroom featured an amazing tub, and shower had great water pressure.

The next morning I used the gym which is amazing. It rivals actual paid gyms, and for those from the US, is not the typical gym fare found at most hotels. It was awesome to have so many cardio machines and free weight options to get in a good workout. The Executive Lounge BLEW me away. It occupies half of the 26th floor and offers sprawling views of Mexico City. Breakfast was decent and included a couple of hot options, as well as standards such as pastries, fruit, yogurt, etc. The coffee machine is amazing and offers a fresh ground cup of coffee served individually.

The hotel really shines with regards to their staff and customer service. I had decided to give myself a walking tour the day of my departure. Erika and Victoria in the Executive Lounge were beyond accommodating, granting me a late check out so I could leave my stuff in my room as I wandered. As I left the property, the concierge and bellman were fantastic in helping me secure a legit taxi and ensuring driver and I were in agreement on price, prior to agreeing to the trip.

The location is perfect too. Right in the heart of the Historic area. 20 minutes walking and you can visit the Palacio Nacional, Zocalo, Benito Juarez memorial, and other major points of interest. Taxi cost from airport to Hilton cost flat rate of $209 pesos (~$15 USD) and taxi cost from Hilton back to Airport was $280 pesos (~$20 USD)

I'd absolutely return back to this property!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Lyndon4444
Dariana20, Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Hello, Hope you have a nice day!

Thanks for sharing with us your review including details! Truly It´s a pleasure reading this kind of reviews because that means that we are doing well our work and most important that we are delivering our mision. We are really glad about your stay and your comments motivates us to continue giving our best service for all our guests. I read that you visited some of our historical monuments, so i think that maybe you returned a little bit tired, if this happens to your next visit, we recommend you to try one of our Spa treatments, after that, you could have some rest in our Terraza Alameda, which is a replica of the Alameda Central, its a truly oasis in the City´s heart.

Again thanks for you review, we hope to see you soon here at your home.

We will be waiting for you!!

Have a nice day, Best Regards!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,116)

Reviewed 27 January 2014

The Hilton Reforma is located on a short number of blocks away from the old Central District, with all its museums and churches. The immediate neighborhood is refreshingly not touristy. Fine, well run hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Dariana20, Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Hi, thanks for your comments.

We´re glad to know that in your visit to Mexico you had the opportunity to take a walk to know our architecture. In the historic center of Mexico City real jewels of architecture are found as the Metropolitan Cathedral in Mexico City, also a few steps from the cathedral is the National Palace, seat of the Mexican Executive Branch and more... So it´s nice that you learned about our culture. Now talking about your stay here in our hotel, I hope you have rested a after a full day of activities. Please we recomend you to visit our Lobby Bar, a place where you could taste our delicious cocktails and take a rest while you watch maybe a football game, a concert or something else.

We hope to see you soon! Here at your home

Best regards!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

The hotel is conveniently located on Reforma next to the Palacio deBellas Artes and walking distance to the Zocalo. Very positiv: very friendly staff, always ready to help and trying to please. Unfortunately the only restaurant in the hotel worthwile going to, the „Cardenal“, is not open for dinner and hopelessly overrun during the day. Since it is so popular with the locals, the (probably overworked) restaurant staff is not as efficient and friendly as could be. They also do not make any concessions to hotel guests as far as reservations or wait list goes. The only restaurant open for dinner did not impress me at all – neither food nor service. The view from the executive lounge is fantastic – almost as good as Torre Lationoamerica. Breakfast in the executive lounge was good and vary tasty. The room I had was big and roomy however the design was a bit old fashioned and dark reminding me of upscale european hotels of the 70s and 80s, even though the hotel is only 10 years old. No walk in shower, one has to climb into a slippery tub without anti slipping mat. Water pressure was rather weak. There was neither bath robe nor slippers and every day the service forgot something – wash cloth one day, glass for brushing you teeth the other.

Room Tip: get the executive floor, it is worth while
1  Thank weinweber

Hi, Weinweber have a nice day.

First of all let me thank you for the review of your stay at this hotel. For us is very important to know every little detail about guests experience because this let us better understand your needs and expectations, this allow us to improve our service. We already shared your comments with the team members. Pplease give us a second chance to make you feel at home.

Best regards

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I was in Mexico City for a week on business and my wife came along. Since neither of us had spent much time in Mexico City, we decided we would make the best of this opportunity. We could not have selected a better hotel for this experience. The Hilton Reforma is in the middle of everything, and walking distance to most. The service was great, very courteous and meticulous.
The three on premises restaurants are all excellent, with Los Dones winning our highest marks. The Lobby Bar is decorated in a very relaxing theme, very comfortable and amazingly quiet - a great place to unwind at the end of the day. The Palacio de Bellas Artes is less than a block away, the Government Palace and Metropolitan Cathedral are a leisurely 30 minute walk through the beautiful streets.We decided to go to Teotihuacan and the drive was less than an hour - amazing since Mexico City traffic is legendary. A great experience and highly recommended.

Room Tip: The view of Mexico City from the 27th floor is breathtaking with a beautiful view of Polanco and the...
3  Thank MarkinBrandon

Hi, thank you for taking part of your time in writing us.

It´s very agreeable to know that your stay with us was great. Know that we always do our best effort to make guests feel at home and with many experiences to remember. I agree that our location is one of our strengths allowing our guests walking around and know about our enriched culture. We are also glad to know that we succeed in your high standards of food and that you have experienced a relaxing moment in our Lobby Bar, in fact it was designed in a minimalist trend in order to achieve comfort. For your next visit let me recomend you our loyalty program, do you know that with this program you can earn points and miles an a lot of benefits more? Give us a chance to pamper you more!!

Thank you again for your comments, We hope to see you soon and to be your home here in Mexico in your next visit!

Have a nice day!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We are HGVC & Hhonors owners/members...and this was one of the BEST hotels we have stayed at EVER. The staff, especially Miriam on the 26th floor was outstanding and could not have been nicer. She went out of her way to assist us with every request we had. The entire staff in the Executive Lounge were also outstanding and very helpful. Our room was perfect, no complaints there. The hotel is located across from a park/plaza with fountains and was always filled with people just strolling around, in addition to a great open air market to stroll through. We walked to some of the best restaurants we've ever eaten at...El Cardenal (right in the hotel) has the best breakfast we have ever had. We also ate at La Tacuba and La Opera both outstanding.

Our only complaint and it was small....was on Christmas Eve, we wanted to sit and have a cocktail before going to bed. The restaurant on the 1st floor was empty when we got there but the staff was not very accommodating. They actually ignored us....I think they had just finished with a huge party and was trying to recover from that. Once they finally seated us they were very nice and helpful.

We definitely would stay at this hotel again and return to Mexico City. Even tho the city is huge, we felt safe the entire time we were in Mexico City. We rode buses, the metro, taxis, went to all the surrounding markets, even ones that people warned us to be very careful at. Take all the precautions you normally take when traveling to any foreign country or even cities like LA and NYC and you will have a wonderful time!!!

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view. We were on the 26th floor and it was wonderful. See att...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Dariana20, Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Hi ! thanks a lot for taking part of your time in writing us. It's an honor read that your recent stay with us was pleasant . We always do our best effort to make our guests feel at home. I´ve shared your comments with the Manager of the Executive Lounge :) For your next visit, besides your ammenities in the 26th floor, I invite you to visit our Lobby Bar where we have a wide selection of national and international drinks, an ample selection of wines by the glass, as well as local and imported brews. You will feel right at home in the warm and inviting modern English design of our Lobby Bar.

Once again thanks for your comments we hope to see you soon here at your home.

Have a nice day! :)

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Ok, so after the cold water issue with my first visit, I was ready to see what this one entailed. I was pleased with the room, the service and the overall experience. No issues with cold water or anything else. The location is great for walking in the park and to see the various shops and street performers in the evening after returning from the office. The hotel itself also has a nice executive lounge for drinks before dinner or even dinner itself ( they have great food). The best part about the lounge though has to be the staff. They greet my group like long lost friends and always remember our preferences for beverages. I couldn't be happier with my visit. I will be returning there this weekend for another week and then back again the first two weeks in February.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Dariana20, Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Hello!! How´s your day? Hope fine, I want to thank you for taking the time to leave your nice comments. I´m glad to know that your stay with us was very pleasant and with great moments. Now please let me recommend our Restaurant La Terraza, a beautiful outdoor restaurant located on the 6th floor in a beautiful garden. It´s like an oasis within the heart of this city. And if you stay here on weekend you can enjoy a delicious Sunday Brunch were you´ll be more than satisfied.

For your next visit we will be waiting with pleasure!

Have a nice week!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 January 2014

excellent rates, the services are great., food is delicious in all three facilities available, best location in town,concierges,waiters and reception staff first class...pool,spa and gym facilities also first class...highly, highly, highly recommended

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Dariana20, Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Hi, thank you so much for your review, it´s very pleasant to know that your recent stay with us was great. We always do our best to make guests feel at home. For your next visit I recommend you to visit our executive lounge on the 26th floor, which have different ammenities, a delicious breakfast and more, also you can enjoy the beautiful view and have a great time.

We are waiting to see you soon here at your home.

Take care! Nice day!