“Good Service”

Hilton Mexico City Reforma
Ranked #18 of 313 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The service was exceptional, I enjoyed the hotels location as it was walking distance to a lot of the things we enjoyed, churches zocatlo etc.., . Able to be out till 12am on the streeet in front of the hotel and feel safe. I ordered room service which was prompt and the food was good. Breakfast buffet was good also as I and enjoyed the views. On eproblem arose when I arrived to mexico city my credit card did not work because I failed to inform the Credit Card Co that I was leaving the coutry and this created a problem at check in. Also I couldnt resolve it because it was after hours and the customer service went through a foreign country and they would not approve the charge even at thier managers level. The Hilton Staff were very understanding and let me leave a cash deposit until my credit situaution was resolved the next morning. Kudos to Hilton Staff, THANK YOU.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
GMHiltonReforma, General Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear GaryWilkerson,

We are grateful for your review, every comment is very important to us.
We are glad to hear that you took advantage of our unique location and that the service of our team members during your stay meet your expectations.

We will be waiting to welcome you back at Hilton Mexico City Reforma.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,116)

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I would like to share my perception of the hotel experience in my past stay:

LOCATION
We stayed at this hotel because of its location, it really is unbeatable if going to Mexico City for a 3-4 day holiday. 2 blocks away is the metro station "Juarez". From the hotel to the north entrance of Chapultepec Park is only 3.5 kms walking.
There is plenty to do around and good restaurants and cafes.

ROOM
Rooms decoration are OK but average, although the view is astonishing (we were on the 17th floor).

AMENITIES
Amenities are short of what is expected in a hotel like this one. The hotel only provides shampoo, conditioner, soap and body lotion. Other amenites such as Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Comb and other standard products were missing. We did asked for a tootbrush and had to wait for 20 minutes to get it.
Additionally there weren't complementary water bottles in our room. Not even for purchase. The minibar was locked (I assumed had I called to open it they would do it, but this is not a 2-3 star hotel to have the minibar locked...)

INTERNET
Internet speed was OK, but consider a 180 pesos charge (this is about 14-15 USD) per 24 hrs use and limited to 4 devices. I find it abusive to charge for internet, this should be complimentary. Period.

PARKING
What I also didn't like was the fact that parking is not complementary but also is compulsory to use the Valet Service, which provides a very limited liability clause should anything happen to your property or the car. The daily charge is 110 pesos (about 8-9 USD) and they expect tips.

IN ROOM DINING
We requested one day in room dining. We had club sandwich but they were not the common club sandwich, they were far better. We really liked them.

Staff is courteous, but nothing really stands out.

If only location and standard room comfort is what you are looking for in the same area then consider the Fiesta Inn next door or the newly opened Hotel One. If you want to add spectacular views with overpriced internet and parking, then the Hilton it is.

Room Tip: Because of its location I think either side of the rooms is great, but I can tell that looking at th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jorge_Ethel

Dear Jorge_Ethel,

First of all we want to thank you for your review, each comment of our guests is an opportunity to provide better services. We are already taking care of every detail you mentioned. We are sorry for the inconvenience you experienced.

We hope you can give us the opportunity to meet your expectations at your next visit to our country.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Hotel is new, rooms are spacious, and typical great mexican service. I was there for business and had to stay one day working on my room. There was no bottles of water available in the room, complimentary or not. And the mini-bar was locked. I called to ask to come to unlock because I needed to drink water... they came, and inside of the mini-bar there was no water at all.... So I had to call to ask for a bottle of water from room service....
All not a big problem, but come on.... having water in the room is kind of basic, no? Especially for a 5 star hotel?
Anyway, overall it is good. Just this little detail that become big when you are on business and have to interrup meetings to get people in and out of your room to open a mini-bar (why is it locked in the first place?) and/or receive room service just for a bottle of water.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JerusaMoura
GMHiltonReforma, General Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear JerusaMoura,

Thank you for your review, it is very important to us to have your feedback. We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience related to our service, we are taking action in order to provide the best service to our guests.

We hope to welcome you soon at Hilton Mexico City Reforma to give us an opportunity to be your first option on your following visits to our city.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

A recent 3 night stay in this hotel brought home to me vividly why I choose preferably hotels from the Hilton brands as much as possible when I travel. Firstly there is the firm bedding ensuring a great night’s sleep. Following up closely is a good desk and chair with internet connectivity: on average I work 3 hours every evening / night when I travel. A gymnasium helps work off the stress of modern business life, or adjust to local time zones; and finally room service for lunch or dinner when I am too tired to go out.

I obtained all the above at the Hilton Reforma, and in addition a welcome from the hotel personnel which went beyond the already high level of the brand. From the moment I entered the door, every member of staff made me feel at home and cared for. Reception, concierge, room service, housekeeping and waiters all came through as real people genuinely preoccupied with my well-being, all of them speaking perfect English as well. The executive centre on the 26th floor deserves a special mention: excellent breakfast, excellent espresso coffee available throughout the day, and great views over the city, all this with the same attentive service I have mentioned before.

When you next travel to Mexico City for business or pleasure, look no further than the Hilton Reforma. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GMHiltonReforma, General Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear BCN1992,

First of all we want to thank you for taking the time to write the review, your comments are very important to us. We are happy to hear that all of our team members offered an outstanding service at your stay and that we fulfill all your expectations as a brand. We are pleased to know that you take advantage of our facilities such as the gym and of course our Executive Lounge on the 26th floor.

We hope to welcome you back here at your second home, Hilton Mexico City Reforma.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

A average Hilton where lots of airline crew stay as well. Clean and friendly staff. Nice tidy rooms with comfy beds and clean bathrooms. Try to get a room on the higher floor so you can enjoy a god view. Good breakfast with deliscious juices and fresh fruit and good choice of local and continental products. Small gym but equipped enough for a work out, with a small roof terass pool in and out door. Close to the old city center and a short taxi drive or walk to the Zona rossa and Condesa quarter.
All ove a pleasant stay. ... good choice of shops and restaurants in the hood!
Certanly would concider coming back again. Simply because its location.

Room Tip: any higher room to have a view....

Dear Furrydandy,

First of all we want to thank you for your review, our guests comments are helpful to improve our service. It is good to know that you felt comfortable at your room and that our accomodations such as our gym and our breakfast pleased you. We are also happy to hear that you had a chance to enjoy our unique location.

We will be glad to welcoming you back at Hilton Mexico City Reforma.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel goes above and beyond to make sure that their guests are taken care of. My girlfriend (now fiancee) had never been to Mexico city and I wanted to make sure that this was a special trip. I planned our engagement in the hotel and the concierge, Jaime, was amazing. He made sure we had a special table, he took care of flowers and champagne. The wait staff was amazing and we had the best view of Mexico City possible. The rooms are great. We received an upgrade to a top floor suite and the views from the room were spectacular. The executive lounge is worth the extra few dollars! In terms of location, this place can't be beat. Lots of major attractions are within walking distance (zocalo, central cathedral, paseo reforma, palace of fine arts, etc.) We are excited to come back again soon!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Manuel R,

Thank you for your review, each comment is really important for us. We are happy to hear that our team members made possible such a special moment and that you enjoyed our privileged location through our Executive Floor at the 26th floor and surrounding attractions.

We hope to see you soon here at your second home.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Wonderful views of the park and the city. Room were spacious and comfortable. The bathrooms were tired and old fashioned and the air-conditioning was too noisy.
My biggest negative was the usury $15 a day charge for internet in the room, all the more irksome as we were provided with a magnificent desk for the purpose. I think hotels that charge for internet access should be downgraded on the star system - this is 2014.
The staff were great the buffet breakfast was excellent and well worth the cost.

Room Tip: High floor overlooking the park.
1  Thank ztonyj
GMHiltonReforma, General Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear ztonyj,

First of all thank you for your review. Each comment provided by our guests is helpful to improve our services. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the view from our high floor rooms.
Regarding the air-conditioning we have sent the report to our engineering manager.

We will be waiting for you at Hilton Mexico City Reforma on your next visit.