“not well organized staff and rude mistake”

Hilton Mexico City Reforma
Ranked #18 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 25 August 2010

We got a fantastic room, great food, the prices were fine... but because they got a mistake in our reservation (their fault) one night their staff came to check our room at 9:00pm and then AGAIN at 10:00pm and the 2nd time they OPENED OUR ROOM DOOR! with us inside! so no privacy or what?
What made me really upset was the fatc that they didn't care to call to ask us to go downstairs to check facts... but they came right to our room and opened the door. Veeeery rude! Other than that... great hotel

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
HiltonMexico, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2010

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We would like to apologize for what happened and our service was not 100% perfect. We value our guests privacy very much, and have been checking all reports from that night. We want to ensure that all our guests feel confortable and at home everytime they check in,and we hope that the next time you are in Mexico City you give us opportunity to show it.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,053)

Reviewed 20 July 2010

I stayed at the Hilton Mexico City Reforma on a recent business trip. The hotel has spacious rooms, a wonderful lobby area, and a very friendly/ attentive staff. Prior to arrival, I wasn't sure what my experience would be at this hotel. I am glad to report that this property lived up to the Hilton name. As a bonus it's also within walking distance to the El Zocalo, Garibaldi Square, and Zona Rosa. There is lots to see if you decide to leave the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank poinsda
HiltonMexico, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write you comment.
One of our bigger assets is the location of the hotel. We are very lucky to be walking distance to all kinds of sightseeings from renowend museums such as the Palace of the Fine Arts,to public markets,shopping malls,churches and the famous Reforma Avenue.
We hope next time you come to Mexico City the Hilton Mexico City Reforma will be your place to stay.

Reviewed 17 July 2010

I rated this hotel a 4 overall because there isn't much to fault about the location, condition, comfort, etc. The primary problem that we had with the hotel was that despite our taking ALL precautions they still couldn't be bothered to make sure that my wife's allergies to feather pillows and comforters would be properly addressed.

When I made the reservation I was very specific that ALL feather-based bedding be removed PRIOR TO OUR ARRIVAL. I also called the hotel from the airport to reiterate the request. I asked at check-in and was told that the room had been taken care of. Well, they had made a half-hearted effort, removing MOST of the feather bedding from ONLY ONE of the beds. This would not have been so bad except that they still left a feather pillow on the supposedly feather-free one. Having traveled enough in Mexico I know that - as probably happens elsewhere - these requests are purposely addressed by housekeeping after customer check-in (see my review of the Grand Chapultapec Fiesta Americana) to preserve the opportunity for more tips (the life blood of Mexico - even amongh government service employees).

Anyway I brought this up to the front desk and was assured that the manager would be informed and would get back to me. Yeah, right. Never heard from him (her?). My wife barely slept, this after a very emotional visit with her cancer-striken mom who, by the way, was with my sister-in-law in a second room that we had reserved at the same hotel. My sister-in-law discovered that she, too, is very allergic to feather bedding. We called 3 to 4 times asking to have the bedding changed and as of 11 pm when I gave up waiting with them, it had yet to be addressed.

If you don't have feather allergies you will likely find - as others have - that the hotel provides service commensurate with the Hilton name. My concern is that management made no effort to contact us to follow-up on the situation. Either the front-desk person was just giving me lip service about having brought the situation to the attention of management or - as I suspect - they just didn't consider it to be all that important. After all that my wife, mother- and sister-in-law have been through over the last year this was the last thing that we needed.

I've stayed about 20 room nights in Hilton properties so far this year with still more to come, and I've got to say the Mexico City Hilton Reforma is my only disappointment with the brand thus far. Buen viaje!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

First of all, thank you for leaving such detailed feedback. We apologize that your stay at the hotel did not meet your expectations. We took some time to investigate the sequence of events that led to the allegy warning not being properly adhered to, and we can assure you and the Tripadvisor community that we will be paying very close attention in the future. All of our managers ans staff in general consider all issues to be important,because we consider all our guests to be important.
We hope that you will give us the opportunity to show 100% Hilton hospitality to you and your family the next time you ara in Mexico City.

Reviewed 14 July 2010

I stayed at the new Hilton Mexico City Reforma for a long weekend earlier this month with my niece and her friend. We had two rooms, side-by-side, and they were lovely, with great views over the Centro Historico and very spacious. I didn't think I booked a suite or larger room, but our rooms on the 24th floor seemed especially grand. I had stayed here several times previously when the hotel was a Sheraton, but it appears to be in better condition, and with better service now as a Hilton. The beds are very comfortable and I loved my big marble bathroom. We had room service our first night...and it was prompt and very good. But of course, nothing beats the breakfast at the famous El Cardenal restaurant in the lobby - a great Mexican experience. I saw one other review that said they did not like tourists - I have never found that to be the case. I have always been royally welcomed at this restaurant, and I am obviously a gringa! This is a good hotel for being near the Zocalo, Bellas Artes and lovely new Museo del Arte Popular. I highly recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank FirstLoveTravel
HiltonMexico, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2010

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments.
We are very happy that your stay at the new Hilton Mexico City Reforma pleased you.
The hotel being located within walking distance of the historical center of Mexico City is an asset for our guests.
The "Cardenal" Restaurant is definitely an icon of Mexican cuisine.
Next time you come to Mexico City we will waiting for you.

Reviewed 9 July 2010

We stayed at Hilton for a wedding. I think this is one of the best Hilton Hotels I have ever been. Rooms are great, Staff is also great. And the view of our room was also very nice. Try la Terraza cafe, is really a nice place to take lunch. I would recommend this Hilton Hotel in Mexico City

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank willmexicocity

Thank you very much for taking the time and share your comments and recomendations
We are haapy to hear that you like the size of the rooms, the decoration and the incredible views to downtown Mexico City.
"La Terraza" Restaurant is a must to visit on the 6th floor. The food and service are worth trying.
Please next time you visit Mexico City it will be our pleasure to serve you again.

Reviewed 5 July 2010

Very god hotel, nice lobby, pretty building, extremly corteous staff. I travel often and this one is a very good choice. I've been at the intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Nikko and this one is the best by far (but a different location from the others) I got an upgrade because of my gold status and got a larger room with a seating area at floor 26, 2 tvs, large bathroom, etc, very nice room and was able to sleep well, something that doesn´t happen often during my trips to this city. I liked the gym very much, which i enjoyed every day of my stay. very good buffet at the mornings beside the pool at floor 6th in a nice terrace. Hotel seems to be a place for politicians and VIP's, you often spot bodyguards and security details of some customers. There's a famous mexican restaurant at the lobby: El Cardenal: good mexican food in a nice atmosphere but they don´t like tourists, beware.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
HiltonMexico, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Hilton Mexico City Reforma.
We are very happy to know that we are in Mexico City an Excellent choice according to you.
Since we have a privileged location in downtown we have all kind of guests staying with us.
On regards to "El Cardenal", which is a conssecion at the property it is on of the best Mexican restaurants in the city, I will let the owners know about your comment.
We hope next time you visit Mexico City the Hilton Mexico City Reforma will be your only choice of hotel , and we will have the honor to assist you.

Reviewed 1 July 2010

I was lucky enough to get the suggest to try this hotel from a taxi driver upon arriving at the airport for an impromptu leisure trip to Mexico City. The service is absolutely amazing. On one of my nights stay I was feeling a little under the weather and lazy but had wanted to get a few grocery items which werent available at the hotel's main store so concierge (Hymie), was able to get someone to go to the grocery store late in the evening (11pmish) and actually have someone deliver the items to my room! How great is that? The fitness center is amazing, up to date with the latest equipment. Although I never got a chance to eat at the onsite restaurant (located on the 6th floor), it looked absolutely beautiful while I toured it. The view from my 23rd floor window was breathtaking and the rooms were comfortable, well furnished and decorated. The hotel had a great upscale/professional feeling to it carrying an amazingly affordable price tag. When I first entered, I was literally thinking "Oh great this taxi guy brought me to a hotel thats probably around $300 a night" when I found out my room was only $110 per night I was completely surprised. My only complaint is that use of the business center computers for internet access carrying a fee, (I believe it was somewhere around 30 pesos for 15 minutes). I guess thats not too bad but complimentary access for guests would have been nice :)

Highly recommend this hotel to anyone and I will most definitely be returning.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank steveb155

Thank you for taking the time and send us such a generous feedback.
We are very pleased that the service of the Hilton Mexico City Reforma was up to your standars.
I will tell Jaime our concierge that you mentioned and valued his service when you needed the groceries that late at night.
We hope that next time you visit Mexico City you will give us once again the opportunity to assist you.