“Fantastic hotel in a great location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Mexico City Reforma

Hilton Mexico City Reforma
Ranked #15 of 304 Hotels in Mexico City
Los Angeles, California
“Fantastic hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2010

This hotel is located a few blocks from Zocalo and the Plaza de la Constitución in the Centro Histórico. It is also a few blocks from Remora Blvd which is a major Blvd that is home to the U.S. Embassy. Next door to the hotel is a small mall with a McDonalds, a food court, a bank, and a few other stores.

The Hilton was very comfortable and I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank KARIM W
HiltonMexico, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, 29 October 2010
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.
One of the assets of the Hilton Mexico City Reforma is the location of the property.
Some of the most important museums,cathedrals,and avenues as your mention Reforma are walking distance from the hotel.
We are pleased to know that next time you visit Mexico City you will stay with us. I trully appreciate your preference towards us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2010

We spent six days at this hotel in October 2010 and would definitely return. The location cannot be beat; it's across the street from the historic Alameda park, just a short walk from many of Mexico City's most important historic attractions - the Bellas Artes, Zocalo, etc. The hotel has great dining.: the coffee shop offers a top-drawer breakfast buffet which puts any US hotel "breakfast included" buffet to shame - fresh fruits galore, house-baked pastries, a complete offering of custom-made omelettes and quesadillas, etc. The ground floor El Cardenal (unfortunately not open in the evenings) is a destination restaurant for Mexico City politicos, cultural figures, et al. The athletic facilities are great, including a well-equipped fitness center with a friendly trainer who will help you make adjustments to the machines and indoor and outdoor lap pools. One note is that we found lots of little problems in our rooms - cracked coffee pot, airconditioner not working, dead lightbulbs - but they were all fixed quickly. The only complaint I had is that the wifi can be somewhat erratic.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank susangz
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.
The Hilton Mexico City Reforma, is very fortunate to be located in the heart of such a historical distric. Many attractions can be found walking distance from the hotel , and the Concierge will always be happy to advise you where to visit.
I do apologize for the inconviniences in your room, as you mention they were fast enough to resolve them I will let the maintenence department know .
I do hope that next time you are in Mexico City you will give us an opportunity to take care of you and find a perfectly manteined room.
BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2010

An great hotel with excellent facilities, spacious and modern rooms. Fabulous restaurants, excellent services and quiet oasis within a busy city. Within walking distance of the historical centre. Highly recommended. I can't say enough about the executive floor and staff.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for leaving your comment.
We really are an oasis in the middle of one of the largest cities in the world.
At the Hilton Mexico City Reforma, we worked with passion to make sure our guests feel at home, and the Executive Lounge and their staff is with no doubt an example of it. I will make sure to read your review to them.
Hopefully, next time you are in Mexico City you visit us again.
Moscow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2010

You cant think of a better location in Mexico city, the hotel is located on the corner of Reforma - main artery of the capital with its highrise business towers and hotels in the Alameda Park. To recall Alameda just think of the famous fresco by Diego Rivera Dream of a Sunday afternoon in Alameda park (allegoric representation of all the famous personalities of his time, the rich and the poor taking a strall in the Alameda park), the Diego rivera museum is just in from of the Hilton, and as 100 years ago Alameda is the centre of life in Mexico, here is the weekend indian market, saturday concerts, but at the same time it remains enough relaxing and aristocratic (unlike other parks like Chapultepec). On the other side of the park is the Bellas Artes - fine arts museum and concert house with several halls. From Bellas Artes to the right to Zocalo is the beautiful colonial centre of Mexico to be visit on foot, Zocalo is 15 - 30 min walk from Hilton (depending on the number of people in the streets - gets quite crowded during the weekends). So this hotel is compromise of historical location and staying in a modern hotel with a cosmopolitan feel, once you walk in you feel you could be in a big city - NY, or Francfurt of Dubai. Big plush hall, you cross it to access elevators. We were given (just as request) a room of high floor (27th) with a vier of Reforma and modern part of the capital with hills on the background. What a spectalur view! Premium suites have Alameda view, but our panorama was just as beautiful. So ask for a high floor, its worth it! (Some mexican people avoid high floors after the 1985 earthquake, and everywhere you see arrows pointing to wayout in case of temblor).
Our room was huge, in calme grey-brown tones, two king beds, plasma, very quiete, with thick carpets, luxury bathroom with fine scented kit, bathrobes, tea making facities, everything you would expect from a 5 star establishment.
Breakfast is delicious and exquisitely presented. If only we had to wait for all the congress people to finish (there was an Air France assembly held), very large variety of dishes, parisian looking deserts are displayed in the cupboard at the entrance, so you cant help starting your breakfast with a desert, local touches include... fried cacti.
We had lunched in the ground floor restaurant, most customers come from outside and seem to be local managers coming for a business lunch. Avocado soup delicious but too spicy. Well, you have to be reminde from time to time that you are in Mexico.
Thanks to other tripadvisor reviews I didnot take the hotel taxis that are 10 times more expensive (300 pesos) than common city cars (30 - 50 pesos per rinde inside M.city). (But if you want an a/c limo, of course you will not be able to stop it the street, some of street taxies are "beetles" of the 50s).
The hIlton gym is the biggest and newest I've ever seen in a hotel, you wont need to fight for a free treadmill. Unfortunately when I came from sightseing everytime the gym was already closed and you cant use your roomcard to access it at night as you would do in Europe.
So instead I enjoyed the heated pood and beatiful sundeck overlooking Alameda.
Again I think it closes too early (8 pm).
I made 2 stays in Hilton with a tours of mexican cities in between, so I left my suitcase in Hilton for several days without any problem. I think its the best option to stay In Mexican capital if you want of stay inluxury and discover the historical centre on foot.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Zazix
HiltonMexico, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, 25 September 2010
Geetings fom Mexico City! First of all allow us to thank you for such a great, detailed review. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay, and took advantage of the convenient location of the hotel. Our gym does close early,but any of our guests can simply request the assistance of our front desk and security staff to have it opened for them at any time. We hope that the next time you come to Mexico City, you can enjoy this and everything else that made your stay so memorable.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2010

We got a fantastic room, great food, the prices were fine... but because they got a mistake in our reservation (their fault) one night their staff came to check our room at 9:00pm and then AGAIN at 10:00pm and the 2nd time they OPENED OUR ROOM DOOR! with us inside! so no privacy or what?
What made me really upset was the fatc that they didn't care to call to ask us to go downstairs to check facts... but they came right to our room and opened the door. Veeeery rude! Other than that... great hotel

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HiltonMexico, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, 13 September 2010
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We would like to apologize for what happened and our service was not 100% perfect. We value our guests privacy very much, and have been checking all reports from that night. We want to ensure that all our guests feel confortable and at home everytime they check in,and we hope that the next time you are in Mexico City you give us opportunity to show it.
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2010

I stayed at the Hilton Mexico City Reforma on a recent business trip. The hotel has spacious rooms, a wonderful lobby area, and a very friendly/ attentive staff. Prior to arrival, I wasn't sure what my experience would be at this hotel. I am glad to report that this property lived up to the Hilton name. As a bonus it's also within walking distance to the El Zocalo, Garibaldi Square, and Zona Rosa. There is lots to see if you decide to leave the hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank poinsda
HiltonMexico, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, 27 August 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write you comment.
One of our bigger assets is the location of the hotel. We are very lucky to be walking distance to all kinds of sightseeings from renowend museums such as the Palace of the Fine Arts,to public markets,shopping malls,churches and the famous Reforma Avenue.
We hope next time you come to Mexico City the Hilton Mexico City Reforma will be your place to stay.
South Worcester County, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2010

I rated this hotel a 4 overall because there isn't much to fault about the location, condition, comfort, etc. The primary problem that we had with the hotel was that despite our taking ALL precautions they still couldn't be bothered to make sure that my wife's allergies to feather pillows and comforters would be properly addressed.

When I made the reservation I was very specific that ALL feather-based bedding be removed PRIOR TO OUR ARRIVAL. I also called the hotel from the airport to reiterate the request. I asked at check-in and was told that the room had been taken care of. Well, they had made a half-hearted effort, removing MOST of the feather bedding from ONLY ONE of the beds. This would not have been so bad except that they still left a feather pillow on the supposedly feather-free one. Having traveled enough in Mexico I know that - as probably happens elsewhere - these requests are purposely addressed by housekeeping after customer check-in (see my review of the Grand Chapultapec Fiesta Americana) to preserve the opportunity for more tips (the life blood of Mexico - even amongh government service employees).

Anyway I brought this up to the front desk and was assured that the manager would be informed and would get back to me. Yeah, right. Never heard from him (her?). My wife barely slept, this after a very emotional visit with her cancer-striken mom who, by the way, was with my sister-in-law in a second room that we had reserved at the same hotel. My sister-in-law discovered that she, too, is very allergic to feather bedding. We called 3 to 4 times asking to have the bedding changed and as of 11 pm when I gave up waiting with them, it had yet to be addressed.

If you don't have feather allergies you will likely find - as others have - that the hotel provides service commensurate with the Hilton name. My concern is that management made no effort to contact us to follow-up on the situation. Either the front-desk person was just giving me lip service about having brought the situation to the attention of management or - as I suspect - they just didn't consider it to be all that important. After all that my wife, mother- and sister-in-law have been through over the last year this was the last thing that we needed.

I've stayed about 20 room nights in Hilton properties so far this year with still more to come, and I've got to say the Mexico City Hilton Reforma is my only disappointment with the brand thus far. Buen viaje!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
First of all, thank you for leaving such detailed feedback. We apologize that your stay at the hotel did not meet your expectations. We took some time to investigate the sequence of events that led to the allegy warning not being properly adhered to, and we can assure you and the Tripadvisor community that we will be paying very close attention in the future. All of our managers ans staff in general consider all issues to be important,because we consider all our guests to be important.
We hope that you will give us the opportunity to show 100% Hilton hospitality to you and your family the next time you ara in Mexico City.